Windows 10: Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop

Discus and support Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Hello was working fine on my device, a 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop with Windows 10. However, 1 day it just stopped working. I have tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MEmran, Aug 12, 2018.

1. MEmran Win User

Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop

Windows Hello was working fine on my device, a 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop with Windows 10. However, 1 day it just stopped working.

I have tried the following steps based on several articles:

- Completed all Windows updates

- Set a new PIN

- Updated all drivers for all hardware through Windows

- Used DriverEasy software to update all hardware

- Manually authorized Biometrics through the gpedit.msc options

I can make it all the way to this screen, but when I click on "Face Recognition", nothing happens. There is no error message. It doesn't crash. It simply does nothing.

On this page, I can not get the Device Manager to detect the Biometrics. My laptop does not have a fingerprint scanner, but it did have the Windows Hello available.

I am currently logging into my laptop with the regular password.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

:)

MEmran, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    Windows Hello-Surface Laptop

Hi Merissa

Thanks for bringing this to the community and sorry for the delays. We're you able to find solution these passed days? If so, please let the community know that steps that you've done to address it, so it may help others who have the save concern.

Are you also using Surface device? If so, and you're still having the same issue, you may want to try these methods:

A.Fix common Surface problems
    using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit.

B. Roll back the the Surface Camera Windows Hello driver:

It was said in this thread that rolling the said driver
    back to its previous state resolved the same concern. To do it:

• Click on Cortana and type Device Manager.
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Expand System devices.
    • Look for Surface Camera Windows Hello and long press on the item to bring up the right-click options.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click on Roll Back Driver.
    • Restart your device.

Feel free to get back to us with any results.

Marc Cai, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop

Windows Hello-Surface Laptop

I currently have windows 10, version 1709. I have tried each of those steps, with no success. Your last suggestion did not work because I could not locate drivers for hello, fingerprint, and/or webcam.

MerissaLouks, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop

1. Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop - Similar Threads - Hello working Microsoft

2. Microsoft Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Laptop: I downloaded Examplify onto my computer and for some reason after I downloaded and installed it, it notified me "minimum system requirements". I talked to my college help desk and also called examplify tech support and they both said I needed to contact you guys. Could you...
  3. Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?: I would like to use my Logitech webcam on my gaming desktop to setup Windows Hello, but it keeps saying no compatible camera detected. Does Windows Hello only work if you have a Surface?...
  4. Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working

Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working: Hello all I have a surface book 2 and all of a sudden the windows Hello camera has stopped logging me on. The acutal camera is working but Hello is not. I have tried to remove fascial data but when I try to set it back up, camera and my face comes on the screen but all...
  5. Windows Hello Face not working Microsoft Laptop Go

Windows Hello Face not working Microsoft Laptop Go: I recently purchased a Microsoft Laptop Go. The Windows Hello Face is not working, saying that my camera is not compatible. Only thing I have done so far is to switch out of Windows S. My Windows appears to be up to date. I opened the Camera app, and it appears to be...
  6. New Surface Laptop 3 - Windows Login Hello has never worked

New Surface Laptop 3 - Windows Login Hello has never worked: I've recently purchased a Windows 10 Surface Laptop 3. Why can't I use any of the Windows Hello options below? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-surface-laptop-3-windows-login-hello-has-never/0ea0048e-8981-4aee-ac9a-134f68bd9f8c
  7. Windows hello not working on surface pro 4

Windows hello not working on surface pro 4: Hi everyone i upgraded windows 10 in mysurface pro 4 before upgradin windows hello was working correctly after that it stoped working saying We couldnt find a camera for windows hello i have updated the driver and everything but nothing happend...
  8. Surface Pro 6 :: Windows Hello Not Working

Surface Pro 6 :: Windows Hello Not Working: Hello everyone, First off, I'd like to say I've tried all of the following: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/window-hello-doesnt-work-says-sorry-something-went/c080309c-2b4f-4fb3-8099-76861815c33e...
  9. Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working

Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working: Hello, I need help with my surface pro 6, windows hello is not working, and I do not know what step to take. I received message "Sorry something went wrong. Please log in with your PIN.". Please help. Thank you in advance....
  10. Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2)

Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2): My windows hello was working perfectly until a few days ago. On the lock screen, the window hello icon(wi-fi thing) appeared and said getting ready and was stuck on it. Therefore, I had to use my pin to log in. Anybody know how to fix this ty....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop windows hello not working 1909

2. surface laptop windows hello not working

3. windows hello not working in surface laptop