Windows 10: Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates

Discus and support Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a longtime reader, first time poster. I'm usually able to figure out fixes but this one has me stumped. Windows 10 has bugged out. The issues are:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wzeallor, Apr 4, 2018.

1. wzeallor Win User

Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates

I'm a longtime reader, first time poster. I'm usually able to figure out fixes but this one has me stumped. Windows 10 has bugged out. The issues are:

• Starting a few days ago, Windows Hello stopped working. The IR login had worked consistently but now I am shown that the "Camera is Unavailable". Settings claims that the computer is not compatible with it.
    • Starting this morning, CPU usage is constantly at 100%. Troublemakers include Task Scheduler, Windows Biometric Service, Google Installer, and Search Indexer.
    • Starting this morning, windows update doesn't work. When I click the option in settings, settings freezes. When the page opens, it keep searching for forever or closes itself.
    • Starting this morning, HP SupportAssist will not run. Upon loading, it opens a command prompt and installs something and then closes itself.

Throughout all of this, Windows had listed in shut down options "Update and Restart" and "Update and Shut Down." Nothing would install so I followed solution 3 from SOLVED: Windows 10 Wont Install or Download Updates - Appuals.com and the update option went away.

I feel like all of these are connected somehow. Maybe the recent update went wrong? However, it passed the SFC scan and the HP hardware scan.

:)

wzeallor, Apr 4, 2018

2. Constant CPU usage

*Original Title: Windows modular installer

I have a constant cpu usage on 25-100%. Even when the computer is doing nothing. The biggest sinner seems to be the windows modular installer. How can i fix this.

I have 2 computers with the same problem. One with win 8.1 and one with win 10.

Jesper_Dahl, Apr 4, 2018
  3. frekase Win User
    Windows 10 - Core 2 Duo T6400 2 GHz support

Hi,

I installed Win 10 and now I have a problem with CPU Speed.

If I try to load CPU usage to 100% it stops at 90 %, 1.82 Ghz. Windows 10 Pro fresh installation. All drivers installed. Nvdida Chipset with SLI Graphics 9100 G / 9600 GS. Laptop.

In Win 7 Pro CPU used 100 %, ran at 2.00 Ghz.

Is there any fix?

Thanks for help.

frekase, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates

1. Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates - Similar Threads - Hello Stopped Working

2. 100% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% cpu usage: My pc has been throwing a code randomly when I update/restart my pc something for a fan which one of mine needs to be replaced but now I restarted and got the code I usually just restart it again and it’ll work this time my pc booted up and nothing would open or it was...
  3. CPU usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage at 100%: Hi!My name is Luca and from like 2 weeks ago my laptop started lagging.At first i didnt know what it was,but when i watched some videos online i looked at my task manager and the CPU was at 100%.I watched so many videos online but it didn't work.My laptop i an ASUS AMD Ryzen...
  4. 100% cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% cpu usage: I have begun to notice when I have my charger plugged into my laptop, it causes my CPU usage to shoot up to 100%. However, when I unplug my charger it drops down to around 20%-30%. Does this mean my laptop charger is playing up? Or is there something running on my pc that Is...
  5. 100% CPU usage constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage constantly: Yesterday my PC was working fine and had low enough cpu usage but since I've booted it up this morning it has stayed at 100% CPU usage. I've tried following some things online after i noticed wmi (or something like that) using a lot of CPU. This led me to figuring out i had...
  6. CPU constantly at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU constantly at 100%: Being as stubborn as I am for Windows 7, I waited until the last possible second to upgrade to Windows 10. Now that I've upgraded, my CPU is constantly at or near 100% mainly by two processes listed as System and System Interrupts, both running 20-30% each. I looked around...
  7. CPU 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU 100% usage: I have two issues with windows 10, first issue is that, the taskbar in windows 10 showing me that the CPU is being used 100%. In Ubuntu it's running smoothly. I didn't have the issue windows until this morning. So after trying multiple solution from online the CPU still shows...
  8. CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%

CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%: Hi everyone! I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with iCore 7, 12GB Ram, 512GB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was working flawlessly until a few days ago... All of the sudden the machine has slowed significantly, and I whenever I open a browser (no matter whether it's MS...
  9. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%: When I was running Windows 8.1, I had this same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10, issue persisted, until I reset the PC (August). After I reset, CPU usage was normal. A few weeks ago, though, CPU usage has jumped right back up to 100% (per Task Manager). I've tried...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...