Windows 10: Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates

Discus and support Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a longtime reader, first time poster. I'm usually able to figure out fixes but this one has me stumped. Windows 10 has bugged out. The issues are:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wzeallor, Apr 4, 2018.

1. wzeallor Win User

Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates

I'm a longtime reader, first time poster. I'm usually able to figure out fixes but this one has me stumped. Windows 10 has bugged out. The issues are:

• Starting a few days ago, Windows Hello stopped working. The IR login had worked consistently but now I am shown that the "Camera is Unavailable". Settings claims that the computer is not compatible with it.
    • Starting this morning, CPU usage is constantly at 100%. Troublemakers include Task Scheduler, Windows Biometric Service, Google Installer, and Search Indexer.
    • Starting this morning, windows update doesn't work. When I click the option in settings, settings freezes. When the page opens, it keep searching for forever or closes itself.
    • Starting this morning, HP SupportAssist will not run. Upon loading, it opens a command prompt and installs something and then closes itself.

Throughout all of this, Windows had listed in shut down options "Update and Restart" and "Update and Shut Down." Nothing would install so I followed solution 3 from SOLVED: Windows 10 Wont Install or Download Updates - Appuals.com and the update option went away.

I feel like all of these are connected somehow. Maybe the recent update went wrong? However, it passed the SFC scan and the HP hardware scan.

:)

wzeallor, Apr 4, 2018

2. Constant CPU usage

*Original Title: Windows modular installer

I have a constant cpu usage on 25-100%. Even when the computer is doing nothing. The biggest sinner seems to be the windows modular installer. How can i fix this.

I have 2 computers with the same problem. One with win 8.1 and one with win 10.

Jesper_Dahl, Apr 4, 2018
  3. frekase Win User
    Windows 10 - Core 2 Duo T6400 2 GHz support

Hi,

I installed Win 10 and now I have a problem with CPU Speed.

If I try to load CPU usage to 100% it stops at 90 %, 1.82 Ghz. Windows 10 Pro fresh installation. All drivers installed. Nvdida Chipset with SLI Graphics 9100 G / 9600 GS. Laptop.

In Win 7 Pro CPU used 100 %, ran at 2.00 Ghz.

Is there any fix?

Thanks for help.

frekase, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates

1. Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates - Similar Threads - Hello Stopped Working

2. CPU USAGE 100% After update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU USAGE 100% After update: Hello After windows Update My CPU going crazy It working on 100% and Freezing screen, So i reinstalled and installled Fresh 1903 but still freezing, same as 1809 with last update, i just tested Cpu And GPu aslow RAM everything is good with em, how can i fix this...
  3. 100% CPU usage **Resolved**

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% CPU usage **Resolved**: So as you can see from the picture below, i have 100% CPU usage and it doesnt even add up to 100% half of the time. After being connected to MS support for about an hour, the only thing they have 'helped' me with is uninstalling chrome so that I may use edge to reinstall it...
  4. 100% CPU usage

100% CPU usage: So as you can see from the picture below, i have 100% CPU usage and it doesnt even add up to 100% half of the time. After being connected to MS support for about an hour, the only thing they have 'helped' me with is uninstalling chrome so that I may use edge to reinstall it...
  5. cpu usage 100 %

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu usage 100 %: hey i have this problem where the cpu usage is 100 everytime i open a game , earlier i had the same problem but by tweaking the setting i was able to eradicate the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-100/daf2fb0b-4faf-42e3-ba66-1f115759346f
  6. disk usage constant 100%

disk usage constant 100%: This operating system is absolute GARBAGE CRAP, Who's the semi-retarded meth fiend who designed it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/disk-usage-constant-100/b5a03d0e-209e-4af5-b46b-65113fcbd2cf
  7. CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%: Hi everyone! I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with iCore 7, 12GB Ram, 512GB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was working flawlessly until a few days ago... All of the sudden the machine has slowed significantly, and I whenever I open a browser (no matter whether it's MS...
  8. 100% CPU Usage

100% CPU Usage: I just had a strange event. My laptop's CPU usage hit 100% and stayed there, and the fan came on even though the CPU and HD temps were normal (CPU 44-47C, HD: 39-42C). Any thoughts on what happened? Restarting seems to have fixed it, at least temporarily. I'm doing a virus...
  9. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%: When I was running Windows 8.1, I had this same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10, issue persisted, until I reset the PC (August). After I reset, CPU usage was normal. A few weeks ago, though, CPU usage has jumped right back up to 100% (per Task Manager). I've tried...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...