Windows 10: Windows home network

Discus and support Windows home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a windows home network with some PCs running Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows XP. Initially all of them were working fine, but at some point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mart14, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Mart14 Win User

Windows home network

I have a windows home network with some PCs running Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows XP.
    Initially all of them were working fine, but at some point (I guess after some Windows 10 update) from Windows 10 PCs I cannot connect to Windows XP PCs using the computer name. I have to use the IP address. If I try to connect to a shared folder from Windows 10 to Windows XP using computer name, Windows Security asks to enter network credentials (user name and password). When I do so, it reports "The user name or password is incorrect".
    If I use the IP address instead, everything goes smoothly.
    Besides, I cannot print from Windows XP machine to a shared printer physically connected to a Windows 10 machine.

:)

Mart14, Dec 3, 2015
  2. SteveZap Win User

Home can access all other computers, but when I go to access "Home" it asks for password and says wrong password

Original Title: Network problems

All computers are Windows 10 4 total

All computers show up on network

I can access all computer except Home (Windows 10 Home server)

Home can access all other computers, but when I go to access "Home" it asks for password and says wrong password.

The other strange thing is when I go to Network and sharing center, View your active Networks

2 computers show Zapster network

1 computer shows Network 2

Home computer shows Network

Should they all be on the same active "network"?

SteveZap, Dec 3, 2015
  3. home network with windows home and pro

Thanks, but I decided to spend a little more to get a computer locally which has Win 10 Pro installed on it.

Nantucketbob, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

Windows home network

1. Windows home network - Similar Threads - home network

2. Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network: My new Microsoft Surface Laptop 6 running Windows 11 can't see other Win11 PC on network. It sees Win10 PC and prompts for sign in which doesn't work even though I know the credentials are good. Other Win11 PC connects fine to both the new Win11 PC and old Win10 PC. Also,...
  3. Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network: My new Microsoft Surface Laptop 6 running Windows 11 can't see other Win11 PC on network. It sees Win10 PC and prompts for sign in which doesn't work even though I know the credentials are good. Other Win11 PC connects fine to both the new Win11 PC and old Win10 PC. Also,...
  4. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.: Windows worked fine, but my power supply fan died so I replaced it. Powered up, windows worked fine except no wifi, would not see any networks. Put the old power supply back in and powered up, same issue. Tested with my Galaxy phone, saw the hotspot and was able to connect....
  5. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.: Windows worked fine, but my power supply fan died so I replaced it. Powered up, windows worked fine except no wifi, would not see any networks. Put the old power supply back in and powered up, same issue. Tested with my Galaxy phone, saw the hotspot and was able to connect....
  6. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Safety for a child when devices access internet on other networks - not at home. Also...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safety for a child when devices access internet on other networks - not at home. Also...: Hello, added child's mobile and laptop to Safety. Blocked unwanted apps/sites. Blocked app downloads on App Store. Will all this work when the child takes phone/laptop elsewhere and accesses another network? How can I prevent the child from downloading browsers other than...
  8. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  9. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  10. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...