Windows 10: Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM
Discus and support Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there I usually run a LINUX HOST for testing Windows VM's - but I need to test some new releases of various Linux distros so I've created some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jul 24, 2016.
Thema:
Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM
Loading...
-
Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM - Similar Threads - HOST attach Linux
-
Windows Activation in a VM, Host OS Linux
in Windows 10 Installation and UpgradeWindows Activation in a VM, Host OS Linux: I have a Dell system that came pre-installed with Windows.I have replaced my host OS with Linux, and I wish to run Windows in a VM. I downloaded a Windows image from Microsoft, but it is expiring. The box does not have a license key printed on it, and the VM does not detect... -
Running scheduled jobs e.g hourly on Linux VM / WSL / Host Linux
in Windows 10 VirtualizationRunning scheduled jobs e.g hourly on Linux VM / WSL / Host Linux: Hi folks for those who have NAS (Linux) type servers / Linux VM's or Host Linux systems it's dead easy to set up jobs that run say every hour or whatever - use for this would be scheduled backups etc etc. I've got a simple 1 line example here of running an email to myself... -
Bridged networking to Windows VM from linux host
in Windows 10 Network and SharingBridged networking to Windows VM from linux host: Hi folks I created a working bridge to a physical NIC as per : [[email protected] hrafn]# ifconfig enp2s0f1 0.0.0.0 [[email protected] hrafn]# brctl addbr br0 [[email protected] hrafn]# brctl addif br0 enp2s0f1 <==== one of my NIC physical interfaces - [[email protected]... -
RAID 0 on linux kernels >5.3.3 (Hosts and VM's)
in Windows 10 VirtualizationRAID 0 on linux kernels >5.3.3 (Hosts and VM's): Hi folks for those using RAID 0 especially on devices with unequal sizes you won't be able to access your array after kernel 5.3.3 (whether as host or in a VM) This applies whatever the Windows Host virtualisation you are using - whether VBOX / VMWare or HYPER-V. Also... -
Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix
in Windows 10 VirtualizationLinux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix: Hi folks if you use python 3 on Linux VM's and use deluge as your torrent client you will need to install python3-cairo or it won't start. If you get message in other python stuff with module cairo not found this error should be fixed by the install. Also make sure... -
Improve Windows I/O in a VM - from Windows OR Linux Hosts
in Windows 10 VirtualizationImprove Windows I/O in a VM - from Windows OR Linux Hosts: Hi there I/O performance is often a problem with Virtual Machines - especially if you are using programs like Vmware with "Virtual" Formatted HDD's such as vdmk - especially with "Bog standard" Spinners.. A better solution by far is if you have the space and 2 HDD's... -
Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop
in Windows 10 VirtualizationLinux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop: Hi there I've seen loads of posts almost flaming me for saying running a Windows VM with VMWARE workstation or player from a Linux HOST OS booted from an external SSD would have terrible performance. (I.e boot the Linux OS and from its VMware menu--> power on--> Windows... -
VLC on W10 VM on Linux Hosts (Workstation 12.1 - Fixed
in Windows 10 VirtualizationVLC on W10 VM on Linux Hosts (Workstation 12.1 - Fixed: Hi there. on some Linux Hosts using Vmware workstation / Player VLC doesn't work properly on a Windows 10 VM - you don't get any dropdowns from the menu. A reasonable fix for this (apart from checking that you have any Video drivers installed for your Host system) is to... -
1607 - no Wifi on HOST but Linux VM has no problem with Internet !!!
in Windows 10 Network and Sharing1607 - no Wifi on HOST but Linux VM has no problem with Internet !!!: Hi there after no problem with all the various updates on Windows 1607 I've really got a strange one now Laptop (HP envy) has lost Wifi and Internet connectivity on the Windows HOST - but a Linux VM I'm running on the same laptop has absolutely NO problem connecting to...