Windows 10: Windows hotkeys not working on Lenovo G580 Notebook (Windows 10).

Discus and support Windows hotkeys not working on Lenovo G580 Notebook (Windows 10). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Lenovo G580 Notebook with Windows 10 installed. The issue is that the Windows hotkeys, that is Windows key and other letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deepak K, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Deepak K Win User

Windows hotkeys not working on Lenovo G580 Notebook (Windows 10).

Hello. I have a Lenovo G580 Notebook with Windows 10 installed. The issue is that the Windows hotkeys, that is Windows key and other letter combinations, aren't working. For example, normally, if I press Windows key + I, then the Settings app should open up or if I press Windows key + R, then Run should open up. But the Start screen opens up instead in all such cases.

This is happening since I have updated the Synaptics touchpad driver via Windows Update. If I uninstall the driver, then the hotkeys start working again. But as soon as I install the driver, they stop working. This was not happening with Windows 10 before, even when the Synaptics driver was installed. It has suddenly started happening couple of months ago. Also I cannot completely uninstall the Synaptics driver because my laptop came with it itself nor can I stop the driver from updating as it is an important driver and it needs to be updated to be compatible with Windows 10.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

:)

Deepak K, Feb 11, 2016
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Dolby Advanced Audio v2 Not Working After Win10 Update! (Lenovo G580 20150)

It seems the G580 isn't on Lenovo's list of supported devices for the Windows 10 upgrade - Windows 10 Upgrade July 2015 / Version 1507 - Supported System List but make sure you have all the latest G580 Windows 8/8.1 drivers by checking here: laptops and netbooks :: lenovo g series laptops :: lenovo g580 notebook Lenovo PC Support
    then follow the method in the previous help response.

Erdeslawe, Feb 11, 2016
  3. WiFi connection is dropping continuously after the Windows anniversary update

Have you been to your site...?...

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-G-Series-laptops/Lenovo-G580-Notebook?tabName=Downloads&linkTrack=Mast:SubNav:SupportWindows hotkeys not working on Lenovo G580 Notebook (Windows 10). :Drivers
    and Software|Drivers and Software

G580 Laptop (Lenovo)

There are drivers, articles & even a user group there. I saw one/two threads on that very problem. Here is one...

Solved: Lenovo G580 WIFIproblem. - Lenovo Community

Lenovo G580 WIFI proble

One said he was cured by un/re-installing the driver; another, by upgrading the BIOS.

PCR Just PCR, Feb 11, 2016
  4. lgentry Win User

If you PM me your email address I will send you a link to the Synaptics driver that works for me. Then you will have to use the HideUpdate hotfix to keep Windows update from changing it.

lgentry, Feb 12, 2016
  5. Deepak K Win User
    Why don't you PM me the link directly? Oneway job it is.

Deepak K, Feb 12, 2016
  6. Deepak K Win User
    Thanks for sending me the link. I'll try it. And I couldn't send you PM cuz my post count was less than 5 ☺

Deepak K, Feb 12, 2016
  7. lgentry Win User
    You're welcome. Through device manager uninstall your existing touchpad and choose to uninstall its driver as well. Reboot and then install new driver. Make note of the driver version so you'll know if it's been changed in the future. You'll have to immediately use the showhide update hotfix to keep driver from being updated again. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

lgentry, Feb 13, 2016
  8. lgentry Win User

I just thought of something. You don't have any start menu alternative (Classic Shell, Start8, etc) installed do you? If you do you may have it set so that any time the windows key is pressed your start menu will open.

lgentry, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows hotkeys not working on Lenovo G580 Notebook (Windows 10). - Similar Threads - hotkeys working Lenovo

2. Lenovo Laptop G580 Bluetooth feature stopped working after a Windows 10 update :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop G580 Bluetooth feature stopped working after a Windows 10 update :: This was such a huge feature for me! Loved the ability to connect my headphone and work. I'm hoping for either a permanent fix or a version of windows I could role back to that would allow the functionality again. This is unacceptable in my book. I understand end of life is...
  3. Lenovo Laptop G580 Bluetooth feature stopped working after a Windows 10 update :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop G580 Bluetooth feature stopped working after a Windows 10 update :: This was such a huge feature for me! Loved the ability to connect my headphone and work. I'm hoping for either a permanent fix or a version of windows I could role back to that would allow the functionality again. This is unacceptable in my book. I understand end of life is...
  4. Lenovo Laptop G580 Bluetooth feature stopped working after a Windows 10 update :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lenovo G580 Wifi suddenly stop working after some minutes of connecting.

Lenovo G580 Wifi suddenly stop working after some minutes of connecting.: Hi All I have upgraded my Lenovo G580 with Orginal windows 10 Home Edition and these days Wifi is not working properly.When i start the system it will show and i will connect after some time it will suddenly dont show any connection just it will show wifi Turned off and...
  6. Windows 10 installed with UEFI - Does not allow to access Lenovo G580 Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installed with UEFI - Does not allow to access Lenovo G580 Bios: Hi I have recently installed Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo laptop and has enabled UEFI bios settings. Now I see that Windows 10 is working fine but I am unable to access Bios via F2 Key. I consulted many solutions - F2 key is ok, other keys e.g. Del, F1, F12 ok, Windows...
  7. Wifi /Hotspot Connection issue in Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo G580 model

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi /Hotspot Connection issue in Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo G580 model: Dear All, Actually I am facing the issue with my internet connection i.e. whenever I am trying to connect internet in my laptop through my mobile hotspot I am getting issues. I have Lenovo G580 model laptop with Windows 10 pro 64 bit OS installed in it. I am sharing my...
  8. Lenovo G580 and windows 10 Wifi suddenly stop working after 2 min of connecting.

Lenovo G580 and windows 10 Wifi suddenly stop working after 2 min of connecting.: Hi Team, I have upgraded my lenovo G580 laptopto win10. Wifi is not working properly.When i start the system it will show and i will connect after some time it will suddenly dont show any connection just it will show wifi Turned off and Turn Wifi Back on Manually.But...
  9. windows 10 upgrade affected bios lenovo notebook

windows 10 upgrade affected bios lenovo notebook: Microsoft team of software engineers who read this: Know the harm you created by affecting my Lenovo Y510P notebook which cannot boot to hd or ssd. It just goes into network adaptor. What's wrong with Microsoft?...
  10. Windows 10 Lenovo Notebook bootloop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Lenovo Notebook bootloop?: Hey guys, about 2 weeks ago i turned my Lenovo YOGA 510-14AST (8 GB RAM) off by pressing the power off button. Since then my laptop is stuck in a bootloop. The Lenovo logo pops up and you can see the loading ring. 5 seconds later the Lenovo logo disappears but ring stays...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotkey lenovo windows 10

2. lenovo hotkeys not workjing

3. lenovo g580 funtion keys not working

4. lenovo p52 windows 10 hotkey hotfix,
  5. lenovo notebook hotkey cannot work,
  6. hotkeys not working lenovo