Windows 10: Windows ICD assign a temp computer name

Discus and support Windows ICD assign a temp computer name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In WIndows 10 1709, I was using the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer to create a ppkg to skip the windows Oobe, since I store the hostname to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CHAOSLUI, Jul 25, 2018.

1. CHAOSLUI Win User

Windows ICD assign a temp computer name

In WIndows 10 1709, I was using the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer to create a ppkg to skip the windows Oobe, since I store the hostname to a Excel file and the hostname is no related to serialnumber and other variable. So I assign a temp computer name AABBCCDD, and rename it after the install ppkg. then the pc will join the domain.

When I upgrade the PC to 1803, the pc was auto rename back to AABBCCDD.domain.com and the pc login show "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed".

is there any method to prevent the hostname change back?

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Install & upgrade]

:)

CHAOSLUI, Jul 25, 2018
  2. 7thSense Win User

When taking a picture with WP (mango) is there an option to assign a name for it?

No there is currently no way to assign names to pictures.

I don't 100% understand the dilemma becuase instead of assigning a name, directly upload it to Facebook instead. Assigning a name to it before the upload would be an extra step. Or do I misunderstand?

Also note that you can submit suggestions over at the official user voice site:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

7thSense, Jul 25, 2018
  3. DavidY Win User
    Windows ICD Hard Drive Partitioning

I read somewhere that the option to create Production Media (as opposed to Clean) gives more options to add test scripts so maybe other scripts could be added in that option? I really don't know though.

This page also suggests you can save your image as a FFU file (I never got that to work but haven't tried since ADK 1511) and then deploy with a DISM command, which presumably gives more control if you change some of the DISM parameters(?) But it's not as user friendly as inserting a bootable USB stick and letting it run.
    Lab 1: Customize and install Windows using the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD)
    Where G:\MyFFUImage.ffu is the file location of the FFU file. [/quote]

DavidY, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows ICD assign a temp computer name - Similar Threads - ICD assign temp

2. OpenGL ES Error: Can’t find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver

in Windows 10 News
    OpenGL ES Error: Can’t find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver: [IMG]When playing a game or running a program, or using Google Chrome, many Windows users are seeing OpenGL ES Error: Can’t find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver error. In this guide, we have a few solutions to fix this error on your Windows 11/10 computer. OpenGL ES...
  3. Windows ICD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ICD: HELP!!!I'm using Windows Configuration Designer to provision some software. So far I was able to install the following app on an OOBE system. 7zip, VLC, Java, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat DC and Office 365/2019VL.My goal is to be able to inject Regkeys to be able to have all User...
  4. Windows ICD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows ICD: HELP!!!I'm using Windows Configuration Designer to provision some software. So far I was able to install the following app on an OOBE system. 7zip, VLC, Java, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat DC and Office 365/2019VL.My goal is to be able to inject Regkeys to be able to have all User...
  5. Assign volume name to a current mount point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assign volume name to a current mount point: Hello, I had a kernel error that resulted in a partition "D", a 200 GB partition, disappearance. I have tried the following so far, but I can't solve the problem yet. 1 I used disk Management as admin and didn't find the volume, so I tried to assign a letter to the space...
  6. driver for icd-p520

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver for icd-p520: Hi, I've a question: it's possible to find a driver for Windows 10 for this device: ICD-P520, a Sony recorder Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-icd-p520/5877b6c4-01d5-4a63-a40d-547d397540a2
  7. Changing Name Assigned to Wi Fi Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Name Assigned to Wi Fi Location: How do I change only the Name given to home-based wi fi setup? NOT the hardware-software (they're working fine). Just rename the setup from some hardware jargon to "BG DB HOME"....
  8. Windows ICD assign a temp computer name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ICD assign a temp computer name: In WIndows 10 1709, I was using the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer to create a ppkg to skip the windows Oobe, since I store the hostname to a Excel file and the hostname is no related to serialnumber and other variable. So I assign a temp computer name AABBCCDD,...
  9. Windows ICD Hard Drive Partitioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows ICD Hard Drive Partitioning: I have created my Windows ICD Build that I am deploying and it works, but I have one thing I need to accomplish. I want to partition the Hard Drive into a O/S partition C: & Data Partition Z: My initial thought was to boot the target computer with a WindowPE flash Drive and...
  10. Working with ICD and Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Working with ICD and Sysprep: Trying to work on creating Windows 10 Image deployment without MDT. Ideally what I am thinking is that I use system Image manager to create an unattend.xml file for the main image. Then I am hoping i can use the ICD to apply Desktop Image customization package to update a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autogen computer name icd

2. windows ICD system name

3. assign temp on windows

4. icd computer name,
  5. using ppkg for computer name,
  6. temp computer name