Windows 10: Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet

Discus and support Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 Lenovo laptop + XPen drawing tablet with windows ink activatedI wanted to start using my non-screen tablet + laptop more and hoped this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roky Rokly, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet

Windows 11 Lenovo laptop + XPen drawing tablet with windows ink activatedI wanted to start using my non-screen tablet + laptop more and hoped this could work since im 99% sure i was able to do this b4. It is pretty confusing because there seems to be 3 methods of input methods currently and none work correctly:Shell handwriting:Touch Keyboard:Handwriting panel:The only ones that sort of work for me are the panel and the shell one if you activate the shell, the panel gets replaced by it, but they only work on the windows settings search box, microsoft store and the search box on the taskbar

:)

Roky Rokly, Jun 19, 2024
  2. Barman58 Win User

Using a Drawing Tablet on Windows

Navigate to Settings, Devices then Pen & Windows Ink

I use my pen tablets with many different applications and I set all the options in this settings panel Off, and I use various configurations In the Tablet/Pen software.

If you wish you could retain some of the Windows options, if you intend to use the pen with windows itself, but I find the Tablet software, (Wacom and Huion), is more use than the Built in Windows options, which is only really concerned with basic pen use and handwriting recognition

The image you show is the entry panel for handwriting recognition so should be controllable from the Pen and Windows Ink settings.

Microsoft has confused things by choosing the name "Tablet" Mode to signify a visual settings mode which is designed for use with tablet computers, (full screen start menu, as in Windows 8 Etc.

The only connection with a pen-Tablet is the option to use Handwriting mode - I have this set so that if I tap the pen on the tablet and windows sees this as a trigger to switch to handwriting recognition as I never use tablet mode I I use this to ensure the pop-up does not appear, the other option is when keyboard isn't attached which should work as well or even better unless you regularly disconnect your actual keyboard

Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet 198538d1533715120t-using-drawing-tablet-windows-handwriting-mode.png

Barman58, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Windows Ink Driver Conflicts With Drawing Tablet

ISSUE SOLVED!

EDIT: I emailed the Chinese support and they responded almost immediately with a new driver and IT WORKS PERFECTLY NOW!!! Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet :D

Go here: ugee友基 | 多元数字绘写科技 - 绘画板,绘画屏,数位板,智能手写本 | 汉王友基 and download the one one the top that says "NEW DRIVER
    2017"

I tested it in Medibang, FireAlpaca, and Krita, and it worked in all of them! I'm so excited! Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet :D

(If someone could tell me how to mark this as solved, that would be great. I don't know much about the Microsoft forums.)

Original post:

I have a huge issue that is making it impossible for me to get any work done... I really hope someone here can help me!

So, I bought a tablet awhile back (a UGEE M708) and it worked fine in Windows 10. However, after the big Anniversary update, I started getting tons of weird issues with all drawing programs except for
    Windows Ink ones.

It’s not easy to explain, but here’s two videos showing it:

If you don’t want to watch that, I’ll also write it here.

This is what happens when I use many different drawing applications:

MediBang: Random dots appear at the end of brush strokes for some reason.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/9cc21cce074c46fc8efc49fcbf966a8e.png

FireAlpaca (by MediBang): Random dots appear at the end of brush strokes, just like in MediBang (but there are less
    of them)

http://image.prntscr.com/image/61d8f3c2e410454d9f0d89e2c2ebb16b.png

http://image.prntscr.com/image/ba85b3acd7d4492f971ee89166aceaac.png

Krita: Lots of boxes pop up and say “The driver for your drawing tablet and Windows do not agree on the size of the screen your tablet is connected
    to. Please select the right option.”

Once you close all of the boxes and try to draw, there are dots at the beginning of the strokes! (instead of the end, like in MediBang and FireAlpaca)

http://image.prntscr.com/image/c76f7796b0c9485791425d6f5f280283.png

http://image.prntscr.com/image/c0bf566ba59b4dd798c0b75f80c1bffa.png

PaintToolSai: Tablet doesn’t work at all for moving or clicking.

Gimp: Tablet can move the cursor, but can’t paint/click and things keep flickering. It seems like it’s right clicking over and over again.

UGEE Settings Box: Everything works perfectly fine when I go to the UGEE Options/Settings box...

http://image.prntscr.com/image/d5634197f3bb4b0ab5466997948b9d23.png

FreshPaint: Everything works perfectly fine as long as the “Support Digital Ink” setting is enabled in the UGEE options panel.

Windows Ink SketchPad: Same as FreshPaint. It works fine.

My computer specs are:

HP Z420 Workstation

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1607, build 14393.693

CPU (processor): Intel Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz 6 cores, 12 threads (hyper threading enabled)

GPU (graphics card): AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Storage: 240GB SSD (Primary drive) and 230GB HDD (Secondary)

So far I have tried:

• - Disabling Windows Ink (workspace)
    • - Disabling Flicks
    • - Turning off all Windows “Pen and touch” settings
    • - Uninstalling and reinstalling the Ugee drivers
    • - Uninstalling and reinstalling all Windows drivers
    • - Enabling/disabling the UGEE “Support Digital Ink” option (Doesn’t make any difference for non Windows Ink programs)
    • - Emailing UGEE support (It’s been 2 weeks and they haven’t answered.)

Important/other notes:

Just now I tested it on a Windows 7 laptop and a Macbook and both worked just fine, and like I said, it used to work in Windows 10 before Windows Ink was added… I also tested it on two other Windows 10
    computers running the same build of Windows as me, and they both performed identically.

It is definitely a driver issue and not a hardware one because the tablet works fine in

• Windows Ink programs
    • The UGEE settings box
    • Windows 7
    • Mac OS X
    • Windows 10 (Pre-Anniversary/Windows Ink update)

I have absolutely no clue what to do at this point, but I need my tablet back. If I could just get rid of all Windows Ink interaction, I'd be fine. Maybe I'll need to downgrade back to Windows 7... This is so frustrating...

NinjaCurlyfry, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Hao S Win User

Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet

Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows

Sorry I should have said drawing tablet. What I meant was to use the tablet to draw/handwrite on my screen.

Aside are apps like virtual tablet s-pen... safe? the android part is through google store so I think safe, but the windows part is not through the microsoft store

Hao S, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet

1. Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet - Similar Threads - Ink Handwriting doesent

2. Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Ink Handwriting/ doesent work Windows 11 Laptop + Drawing tablet: Windows 11 Lenovo laptop + XPen drawing tablet with windows ink activatedI wanted to start using my non-screen tablet + laptop more and hoped this could work since im 99% sure i was able to do this b4. It is pretty confusing because there seems to be 3 methods of input...
  3. Handwriting on Windows Operating tablet PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting on Windows Operating tablet PC: Hey, I got a new tablet pc for school for note taking as well as a universal stylus pen. I use one note to take my notes but for some reason when I try to hand write, it’s not smooth at all like it looks choppy/doesn’t follow my real writing gesture. The device is a venturer...
  4. Handwriting on Windows Operating tablet PC

Handwriting on Windows Operating tablet PC: Hey, I got a new tablet pc for school for note taking as well as a universal stylus pen. I use one note to take my notes but for some reason when I try to hand write, it’s not smooth at all like it looks choppy/doesn’t follow my real writing gesture. The device is a venturer...
  5. Drawing/Graphics tablet not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drawing/Graphics tablet not working: Hi there,I am trying to make my own font on Microsoft Font Maker on my laptop with an old Wacom Drawing Tablet Model ET-0405A-U. I connect it to my laptop wired USB connection and open Font Maker. I go over to the A and try to write it with the pen on the tablet. Nothing...
  6. Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows

Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows: What apps can I use to use my android tablet as a writing tablet? Aside how do I know these apps/other apps are safe? particularly when they are not part of windows store or......
  7. Drawing Tablet not Working with Windows 10

Drawing Tablet not Working with Windows 10: Win 10 - 1903 update killing my drawing tablet Ugee hk 1060pro Update 1903 removes drivers hk 1060pro and tablet not working. I reinstaled driver and tablet works just fine but after restart not working at all and again and again i installed driver and everything is ok...
  8. Drawing tablets

Drawing tablets: So i bought a tablet back in April, it was working just fine. Up until recently where i ran into a problem. 2 weeks ago, my tablet started to not work, it is a Star G430s Xp-pen. It does not have battery and is wired, when i plugged it in the USB port, the light only blinked...
  9. Using a Drawing Tablet on Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Using a Drawing Tablet on Windows: So I'm trying to use a drawing tablet to use on certain programs and websites, and I get this writing popup that I haven't been able to figure out how to disable and it just infinitely blocks a portion of my screen. Closing it off just reopens it again once I put my pen to my...
  10. Graphics Drawing Tablet issues in all progs except Windows Ink

Graphics Drawing Tablet issues in all progs except Windows Ink: Let me preface this with the fact that this is my first post and that I am new. I've scoured the WWW for fixes to this issue and nothing has worked. I'm hoping to find something that will, and I'm willing to retry what I've already done at others' suggestion; sometimes it...