Windows 10: Windows insider email set to the wrong language

Discus and support Windows insider email set to the wrong language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My system language is English and I working in China. Why has the recent insider email from Microsoft sent to me in Japanese? I expect it to be in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manish.co, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Manish.co Win User

Windows insider email set to the wrong language

My system language is English and I working in China. Why has the recent insider email from Microsoft sent to me in Japanese? I expect it to be in English, also how can I read the latest insider email in English?

:)

Manish.co, Aug 2, 2018

2. Insider Programme message in the wrong language

Hello,

I suggest you to change the Country or Region settings to
    United States and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Settings
      and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & Language
      and set country or region to United States.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 2, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Ratavaz Win User

English Language Pack wrong for Windows Settings

Hi,

I'm having a strange issue on my new laptop.

The laptop comes with Windows 10 Pro and after the first start has been correctly updated to version 1607 (OS Build 14393.969)

Originally the OS started with Italian language but I'm more used to work with the OS in English so I proceeded to change the default OS language.

• I installed the "English (United States)" language pack from "Windows Settings - Speech, Region, Date - Languages"
    • Selected English as default language
    • Rebooted

After reboot everything seemed to be OK with the exception of the "Windows Settings" app itself.

A good part of the text is, in fact, wrong.

As an example under:

• Windows Update, recovery, backup the left side menu panel has as second option "Storage overview" instead of "Windows Defender", of course if I select it the "Windows Defender" options appear on the right side panel
    • SImilarly it says:
      • "Hardware Keyboard Layout" instead of "Backup"
      • "Windows Update" instead of "Recovery"
      • "Use Developer
    Another strange problem is that in more than one settings page, the text of the last options in the right side panel is clearly wrong.

As an example, in "Speech, Region, Date - Region" the last 3 lines of text instead of being

• Title: "Related Settings"
    • Setting 1: "Additional date, time & regional settings"
    • Setting 2: "Add clocks for different time zones"
    are wrong and say

• Title: "Change product key or upgrade your edition of windows"
    • Setting 1: "Device manager"
    • Setting 2: "Additional date, time & regional settings"
    Of course if I select one of the two options the correct settings window appear

In Italian language everything is OK

I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall English language pack with no useful result

I have used the same procedure in the past on two different PCs without any problem

Any help/suggestion?

Best Regards

Paolo

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Ratavaz, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows insider email set to the wrong language - Similar Threads - insider email set

2. Changing Language Settings Deep Inside Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Language Settings Deep Inside Windows 10: Hi,Something that is an annoyance rather than a major issue but I would like to fix it.Backstory: I bought a new Asus Zenbook and after a month or so, it developed issues. It was returned to the Asus serice centre where they fixed the issue by re-installing W10 I assume from...
  3. Changing Language Settings Deep Inside Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Language Settings Deep Inside Windows 10: Hi,Something that is an annoyance rather than a major issue but I would like to fix it.Backstory: I bought a new Asus Zenbook and after a month or so, it developed issues. It was returned to the Asus serice centre where they fixed the issue by re-installing W10 I assume from...
  4. Wrong name and email in Settings window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong name and email in Settings window: When I click on Settings the name and email shown at the top left corner are different to my user name and email. How do I change them? I am no expert! Thanks....
  5. Wrong name and email in Settings window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong name and email in Settings window: When I click on Settings the name and email shown at the top left corner are different to my user name and email. How do I change them? I am no expert! Thanks....
  6. Wrong name and email in Settings window

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Settings search in wrong language (and nothing else)

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings search in wrong language (and nothing else): I recently switched my system's display language from English (US) to Japanese, and then back. Everything is normal, except when I search for settings in the Settings window or the Start menu, which is still in Japanese. I have restarted multiple times, and done everything on...
  8. My Microsoft Family Safety emails are in the wrong language

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Microsoft Family Safety emails are in the wrong language: Hi, My Microsoft Family Safety emails are in the wrong language Russian, I think rather than English. All my language settings are for English including my PC, Windows account and the individual family account accounts. Microsoft online chat support and telephone support...
  9. Receiving emails in wrong language Arabic

Receiving emails in wrong language Arabic: I keep getting email notifications in Arabic. My account was initially set up in UAE Dubai and linked to Xbox one. I have since moved to Canada and wish to receive notifications in English I don't know Arabic any way. These notifications are being generated by MS Family. I...
  10. Microsoft Family Emails in wrong language

Microsoft Family Emails in wrong language: Hello, When I receive emails from Microsoft Family they are in French, while Dutch is my selected language in my account settings. I have seen other people reporting the same problem. How can I correct this? Regards, Kim Vanbrabant...