Windows 10: Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off

Discus and support Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off How to Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by TEQKNG, Jul 5, 2018.

1. TEQKNG Win User

Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off

How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off

How to Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

Narrator also has a navigation and reading mode called Scan Mode. Use it to get around Windows 10 using just the up and down arrows on your keyboard. You can also use a braille display to navigate your PC and read text.

When Narrator is turned on, you will hear Narrator echo toggle keys (ex: "Number lock on" or "Number lock off") when the toggle keys (Caps lock, Num lock, Scroll lock) are turned on or off by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off hearing Narrator echo toggle keys when they are turned on or off in Windows 10 for your account.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can also press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Hear when toggle keys like Caps lock and Num lock are turned on or off for what you want on the right side under Change what you hear when typing. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam

EchoToggleKeys DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Narrator_echo_toggle_keys_when_turned_on_or_off.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Narrator_echo_toggle_keys_when_turned_on_or_off.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

TEQKNG, Jul 5, 2018

2. Upgraded to Winndows 10 and cannot turn narrator off

As I said in my discription of the problem I tried the windows/enter but it just turned the clear narrator on and off and did nothing to the one with a bad echo. That did not change anything and I also tried the settings/ease where I turned the narrator
    on and off and it did the same thing as the windows/enter it turned the clear narrator on and off but left the narrator with an echo constantly on. Please give a solution to getting rid of the narrator with an echo.

KenRodeman, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Upgraded to Winndows 10 and cannot turn narrator off

I was opporating with Windows 7 Professional. A popup window from microsoft offered to upgrade to Winodws 10. I agreed and it downloaded and installed Windows 10. While it was booting Windows 10 the first time the Narrator started with a bad echo narration
    and has continued. I went to settings/ease of access to turn it off but it was off. When I turned it on a clear voice started narrating but the echoed narrator contined in the background. When I turned the narrator off again the clear narrating voice quit
    but the annoying one with the echo has contined. I tried the windows/enter but it just turned the clear narrator on and off and did nothing the the one with a bad echo. Please help.

KenRodeman, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off

How to turn off the narrator on Windows 10?

Hello Lee,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “Navigater”, are you referring to narrator?
    • Did you try to turn the “Navigater” off from the settings page?

If you are referring to the narrator settings, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Narrator option bar to Off status under
      Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2019
  5. To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issue with sound on toggle keys, I suggest you to change the toggle keys settings
    and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from keyboard and type
      Toggle.
    • Select Hear a tone while pressing Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock.
    • Under Toggle keys, change the settings and check.

If the issue still persists, Run troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Upgraded to Winndows 10 and cannot turn narrator off

Results are the same. It turns on the clear narrator and then turns it off again but the narrator with the irritating echo still remains. So what else can I try?

KenRodeman, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off

1. Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off - Similar Threads - Turn Off Narrator

2. I am trying to turn off the narrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to turn off the narrator.: I know you can press ctr + b to on/off the narrator but I want it completely gone.Like I want it to be turned off even if I do ctrl + BPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-turn-off-the-narrator/982f9d60-4dc1-4648-8517-67fc47f94ae8
  3. I am trying to turn off the narrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to turn off the narrator.: I know you can press ctr + b to on/off the narrator but I want it completely gone.Like I want it to be turned off even if I do ctrl + BPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-turn-off-the-narrator/982f9d60-4dc1-4648-8517-67fc47f94ae8
  4. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  5. turning off echo in my headset microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off echo in my headset microphone: so I messed up an audio setting and now I can hear an echo of my voice and any audio around me, this is highly annoying and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to turn it off....
  6. Constant narration WITH narration turned off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant narration WITH narration turned off.: When I open a web page, many times I get the female voice describing the subject of the page I just opened. When I research the problem, all help sites say to turn off the narrator. The narrator is off but she still remains. It's annoying. I figured it's Cortana which I tried...
  7. Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre...
  8. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089
  9. Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It...
  10. Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 When you press the Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock keys on your keyboard, it will toggle turning on and off Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock. This...