Windows Insider Program: Changes to Terms of Use‏

Discus and support Windows Insider Program: Changes to Terms of Use‏ in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello, Windows Insider – We hope you are continuing to enjoy the Windows Insider Program. We'll be sending out more exciting updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: email

:)

Brink, Jan 15, 2015
  2. bhutsu Win User

Agreeing to Terms of Use

Mine too its frustrating

bhutsu, Jan 15, 2015
  3. CloudedLeopard---01 Win User
    Agreeing to Terms of Use

Hello

My phone will not let me use certain apps on my phone until I have accepted the Terms of Use.

I have been searching for the 'accept button' but I cannot find it anywhere.

Where can I agree to the Terms of Use so I can use my apps and download over the internet again?

CloudedLeopard---01, Jan 15, 2015
  4. jeffrys Win User

Hi Shawn,

But what will change?

Or do we have to wait until jan 21?

Jeff

jeffrys, Jan 15, 2015
  5. davehc Win User
    davehc, Jan 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Jeff,

Yeah, it appears that we'll have to wait until the 21st to know the exact changes to the terms of use. This was just a notice that they will be changing.

Brink, Jan 15, 2015
  7. ThrashZone Win User
    ThrashZone, Jan 15, 2015
  8. Trust_No1 Win User

*Smile

Isn't it grand, how corporate America feels they can, just change the terms, whenever they wish. It is just like my bank and credit card companies.

Trust_No1, Jan 15, 2015
  9. ThrashZone Win User
    Yea that's part of the terms also *Wink
    Don't like terms don't agree to them *Smile

ThrashZone, Jan 16, 2015
  10. gzt7d8 Win User
    Well I can't image it will be bad for the those participating in the program, probably just updating them for the new build coming out.

Who will test if they make it too difficult to comply with the terms??

gs

gzt7d8, Jan 17, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    This.. I have to agree. MS is allowed to change the terms.. it's in the terms I bet. *Smile

BunnyJ, Jan 17, 2015
  12. adamf Win User
    Yup. It is in Brinks quote in bold above *Smile

adamf, Jan 17, 2015
  13. davehc Win User

There have been posts on the Technet forums, regarding the contents of the 2nd para quote:

"Download and install the preview only if you

• Want to try out software that’s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.
    • Don’t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.
    • Really know your way around a PC and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, formatting a hard drive, installing an operating system from scratch or restoring your old one if necessary.
    • Know what an ISO file is and how to use it.
    • Aren't installing it on your everyday computer.

We're not joking about the expert thing. So if you think BIOS is a new plant-based fuel, Tech Preview may not be right for you"

The last line may be the significant one.

Item 2. There have been numerous posts regarding problems relating to the Update procedure.

Item 3. It is most obvious, from postings on forums, that many who are "testing" , are only using the beta from curiosity, but have no idea of the more sophisticated ins and outs of a computer.

Item 4 Believe it or not, I have been on forums where even the question has been What is an ISO and what do I do with it. I could quote one where the user copied the ISO to a DVD and could not understand why it would not boot up.

Item 5. We are all aware, even with posts on this forum, that users are installing and using this as there princial, albeit temporary, OS .

Possibly MS are planning to limit the ability to download, to , as yet unspecified, groups of users, to eliminate some of the uninformed feedback

davehc, Jan 17, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    "So if you think BIOS is a new plant-based fuel, Tech Preview may not be right for you", I love it, best description for a lot of my customers (and most relatives).

CountMike, Jan 17, 2015
  15. groze Win User
    Why would they do that, especially if Microsoft is planning on releasing a consumer preview soon? I see nothing wrong with general consumers using it without feedback, just using windows 10 reports issues to Microsoft. The more testers the better the operating system hopefully.

Could Microsoft (I might of said this in another thread)planning to have different versions of windows 10 to test?

Windows 10 home premium preview for home users to test.

Windows 10 pro preview for advanced computer users, Home business, Small Business, Small corporations, Smaller Non-profit

Windows 10 enterprise for big business, government, bigger non-profit

This way Microsoft gets a well rounded view and everyone gets to test it?

For example if I decided to test windows 10 again. I would choose the home premium preview to test, that the version I already have with windows 7. Even though I could do the windows 10 pro preview because I consider myself an advanced computer user to an extent.

groze, Jan 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows Insider Program: Changes to Terms of Use‏ - Similar Threads - Insider Program Changes

1. Announcing a Windows Insider Program AMA - June 26-27

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing a Windows Insider Program AMA - June 26-27: Join us June 26-27 for a 24-hour IT pro AMA on the Windows Insider Program. This is your chance to "Ask Microsoft Anything" (AMA) and connect with members of the Windows Insider Program team and the engineers and product managers working on the Windows 10 features and...
  2. Your Windows Insider Program content settings have been reverted

in Windows 10 News
    Your Windows Insider Program content settings have been reverted: [ATTACH] Microsoft earlier decided to split their Windows Insider Program into multiple branches. The purpose was to reserve one branch for an upcoming release and other ones for future releases. Along with this option, Windows introduced the “Skip ahead to the [...] This...
  3. Weekly Windows 10 Insider Program Pulse #28 Survey

in Windows 10 News
    Weekly Windows 10 Insider Program Pulse #28 Survey: Welcome to our Weekly Windows Insider Pulse Poll. Please answer the following questions on how you feel about the Windows Insider Program and our flights from this week. We take your feedback seriously and we will use the results of these weekly polls to represent Windows...
  4. Change Windows 10 Insider Program Ring Level

in Windows 10 News
    Change Windows 10 Insider Program Ring Level: There is now a 3rd option in addition to Fast and Slow, "Release Preview." Trying to find an official description of the option. 50865
  5. Changes to Windows 10 Insider Program Agreement Terms

in Windows 10 News
    Changes to Windows 10 Insider Program Agreement Terms: Hello, Windows Insider – We hope you are continuing to enjoy the Windows Insider Program. We'll be sending out more exciting updates and announcements soon. In the meantime, we just wanted to alert you that the Windows Insider Program Agreement Terms are changing....
  6. Next Up for the Windows Insider Program: Changing the World

in Windows 10 News
    Next Up for the Windows Insider Program: Changing the World: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] [img] Dona joins Windows Insiders for a Create-a-thon event at the New York City Microsoft Store. Microsoft’s decision to test Windows 10 in the open was historic. But it has even bigger plans for the Windows Insider...
  7. A change in leadership for the Windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 News
    A change in leadership for the Windows Insider Program: A change in leadership for the Windows Insider Program Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Since we first started the Windows Insider Program back in September 2014, Windows Insiders have helped us ship Windows 10 to over 300 million...
Windows Insider Program: Changes to Terms of Use‏ solved