Windows 10: Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens

Discus and support Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is likely to cross over to "Insider Preview" branding from today for all those enrolled in the Windows Insider Program. This can be backed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Apr 28, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens

Source

labeeman, Apr 28, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

If I read this correctly does this mean that we can go from the TP to the RTM??

:)

BunnyJ, Apr 28, 2015
  3. Hugo-360 Win User
    Can we upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 10 Insider Preview?

I can upgrade from windows 10 insider previw to RTM final reseale but I get windows 10 pro rtm or windows 10 home RTM

Hugo-360, Apr 28, 2015
  4. Vasudev Win User

Can we upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 10 Insider Preview?

Windows 10 Pro Insider to Windows 10 Pro RTM.

So you must have upgraded from Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate or Windows 8.1 Pro to have Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview. So this will get upgraded to Windows 10 Pro RTM

Vasudev, Apr 28, 2015
  5. The way I read it is, if you clean installed a build that was originally only an upgrade path, you can still get the RTM. That's all. In the past if you installed an unofficial leaked build, you couldn't upgrade to the next build though Windows update. Your licensing was messed up. Now anybody that cheated with the ESD to ISO workaround can also upgrade to the RTM. No having to start over with an official build.

EDIT: Does that mean you'll get a free Windows 10? I'm not sure? I think I know what they are saying but it's still confusing. In any case it's nothing official from Microsoft so all bets are off, IMHO.

alphanumeric, Apr 28, 2015
  6. Looking at it again, now I'm not sure what that means? Looks like if had you clean installed even from an official ISO from the insiders page you would not have automatically gotten the RTM. You would have had to use the upgrade option on that page and upgraded from Windows 7 or 8. Maybe insiders will get a free Windows 10? If so a lot of people will be signing up to the insider program.

7. Charlie Win User
    Free RTM is what it sounds like to me. Clean install if you like.*Wink

Charlie, Apr 28, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I really don't know how to interpret any of the article.. I think that it's definite that the upgrade from 7/8.1 is not an issue but if they do let you upgrade/update from Win10TP to the RTM that would be great. When MS does give the final word I hope they do let this happen.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 28, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I sure hope your correct Charlie.. a free RTM for insiders would be fantastic.

BunnyJ, Apr 28, 2015
  10. labeeman Win User
    labeeman, Apr 28, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 28, 2015
  12. I'd be surprised if they did that. Unless they close the Windows Insiders program to new members your basically giving Windows 10 to anybody that wants it. And the Pro version at that. I believe that's what the Insider program gives you. If all you have to do is sign up to the Insiders program to get Windows 10 free, why wouldn't you? Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great if they did this, I just skeptical as to it actually happening.

13. BunnyJ New Member

I thought that MS was just about giving WIn10 away to almost everyone.. even pirated versions of previous OS's.. Win7/Win8.1?? And yes, in the past this was unheard of but,.. heck they do want to get just about everyone over to the new OS so it might happen.. I sure hope so. The final update would be simple.

BunnyJ, Apr 28, 2015
  14. labeeman Win User
    Agreed M$ is not known for giving stuff away.

labeeman, Apr 28, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    But the upgrade from WIn7/WIn8.1 is free.. so who knows what they might do with the insider program since this is a first for them.

BunnyJ, Apr 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens - Similar Threads - Insiders upgraded RTM

2. Windows licens transwering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licens transwering: Hello MS team,I want to transfer my windows 10 Pro license to the new PC and got a problem with it.I have tried to deactivate the windows on my old computer via cmd, and got the message that deactivation was successful, but when I check the Activation menu in the system...
  3. Windows licens transwering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows licens transwering: Hello MS team,I want to transfer my windows 10 Pro license to the new PC and got a problem with it.I have tried to deactivate the windows on my old computer via cmd, and got the message that deactivation was successful, but when I check the Activation menu in the system...
  4. Windows licens transwering

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. WIndows 10 RTM Core

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 RTM Core: Hi, I bought a aftermarket notebook - razer blade pro 2017an operating system was Windows 10 enterprise hacked, i thinki scanned with some tools my system and found what in the bios there area key for window 10 RTM Core, can someone tell me how i can now use this key legally,...
  6. Windows Licening and PC upgrades

Windows Licening and PC upgrades: I have two older PCs that I built. One has a copy of Window 10 Pro and the other is Windows 10 Home -N. Bother were upgrades from Win 7 when the upgrade was free. I want to now replace the motherboards in one or both PCs. My understanding is since the installed copies of...
  7. Windows 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage

Windows 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage: I have seconhand laptop that has a pre installed windows 10 home single language, I dont know its version I guest it's Windows 10 Version 1507.I do have a screenshot of its system please see the photo below. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Then my HDD fails and bring it to a technician...
  8. windows licens expires?

windows licens expires?: My computer keeps putting up an error message saying "Your windows license will expire soon", windows is activated on my computer, can I ignore this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-licens-expires/06f06c94-93ee-4819-9d91-a912e8e3986b"
  9. Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?: When I say beta I'm generically referring to alpha, beta, CP, etc. But I'm wondering if an in-place upgrade from beta to RTM will be possible? Or will a clean install be required? I ask this because I'm currently running 7 Enterprise x64, but am considering installing 10...
  10. Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free: Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free | Windows Central [img] Yes!! There is a cosmic BUNNY!! Now this is full WIN!! *Biggrin