Windows 10: Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free

Discus and support Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free | Windows Central [img] Yes!! There is a cosmic BUNNY!! Now this is full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by BunnyJ, May 10, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free

BunnyJ, May 10, 2015
  2. Boozad Win User

That's pretty damn good news. I'd better get a build onto bare metal then now. Way to go MS.

Its strange tgat that even though I follow Fabe Aul on Twitter none of his Tweets ever show on my timeline (or whatever it is).

:)

Boozad, May 10, 2015
  3. Upgrading windows 10 TP to RTM

I have Windows 10 Insider Preview but as a clean install, will I be able to upgrade to RTM for free? I'm also Windows Insider.

Marco Lovišćek, May 10, 2015
  4. Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free

Will windows insiders be able to upgrade to the full version of windows 10 for free?

Company officials have noted though if you join the
    Windows Insider Program
    and upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, you will qualify for the free upgrade to the final release.

Latest confirmation:

When asked if there would be a cut off date for Insiders before Windows 10 reached RTM, Microsoft's Gabriel Aul stated that preview builds would continue being delivered up until the final release.

"We expect to keep flighting builds to Insiders all the way up to RTM. More details to come, but no cutoff planned."

Gabriel Aul on Twitter

Andre Da Costa, May 10, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I did a quick search for news and that article popes up. For me it's fantastic news.. I can run Win10 as my primary and go right to the RTM when it comes out. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, May 10, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Great news for sure, thanks Jeff!

7. Boozad Win User
    I'll be dual booting with my W7 workhorse. W10 to take advantage of DirectX12 for gaming and W7 for my work. Sounds like a dream partnership.

Boozad, May 10, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Am I reading this right? 10 ---> RTM straight? Does this mean MS will NOT zap our current 7 or 8.1 licenses????

f14tomcat, May 10, 2015
  9. wptski Win User
    I guessing but this probably doesn't cover a dual boot situation or only when W10TP is the only OS on a machine?

wptski, May 10, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    That what it seems like.. if your an insider you get to go from the TP to the RTM directly. I suspect there might be a cut off date on joining the insider program in the future but I might be incorrect on this.

BunnyJ, May 10, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    You're very welcome for the news Gary. *Smile

BunnyJ, May 10, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    I think that you should be able to upgrade from the TP to the RTM regardless of the other OS's on your PC.. but I'm guessing at this point.

BunnyJ, May 10, 2015
  13. f14tomcat Win User

If this really means what we think it means, I just made a very timely purchase! I can keep my 8.1 Pro on the new box and do a clean install dual-boot 10074 (or whatever), take it to 10RTM and have both worlds! Could even Triple-boot 7 if I was whacky enough to try!! Is This TRUE?

f14tomcat, May 10, 2015
  14. davehc Win User
    I am very low grade at searching in Twitter. Could someone point me to the actual post where he said/confirmed this? Darned if I can find it!

davehc, May 10, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Based on what we know now I would think yes.. you/anyone can do this. Being able to go from the TP to the RTM is just great news for many, including me. I can run Win10TP as my primary until the RTM and switch over at that time.

BunnyJ, May 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Insiders will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 RTM for free - Similar Threads - Insiders able upgrade

2. Will you be able to upgrade to Windows 11 for free?

in Windows 10 News
    Will you be able to upgrade to Windows 11 for free?: When Microsoft released Windows 10, it made the decision to offer free upgrades for devices running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, provided that these devices were activated with a genuine license. A core reason for the free upgrades was Microsoft's 1-billion devices running...
  3. Upgrade free to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade free to windows 10: Whats better from windows 7 or 8 ? I have licences for both but didnt want to purchase a furthur third. 160219
  4. windows 10 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 free upgrade: I did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 and I cant get it activated due to product key or digital license i dont think i ever got a digital license information email or anything where can i find the license information to activate the free upgraded windows 10...
  5. Free win 10 rtm.

in Windows 10 Support
    Free win 10 rtm.: Hello Everyone, i have a question about windows 10 RTM, i just read that the RTM will be free to "windows insiders " I am a windows insider member, but i am currently running WIN 10 10130 in a VM on my Main machine, would i still Qualify for a FREE WIN 10 RTM when...
  6. Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?: When I say beta I'm generically referring to alpha, beta, CP, etc. But I'm wondering if an in-place upgrade from beta to RTM will be possible? Or will a clean install be required? I ask this because I'm currently running 7 Enterprise x64, but am considering installing 10...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free: I have been using Windows 10 upgrade and having worked in IT support. I have been thinking about Microsoft and their motives. I decided to change my hard drive and Win 10 deactivated. I called MS and was told I had to reinstall qualifying product and do another upgrade. Soon...
  8. YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Support
    YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer: There are a lot of people going around telling people that you have to be on Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 to be eligible for the free upgrade. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Any consumer x86/64 version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.x (ie, not corporate versions) is eligible for the free...
  9. Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens: Windows 10 is likely to cross over to "Insider Preview" branding from today for all those enrolled in the Windows Insider Program. This can be backed up by the "accidental" leak of almost all language variants of build 10074 yesterday, directly from Microsoft's servers, which...
  10. Microsoft: Windows 10 Preview Users able to Update to RTM

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Windows 10 Preview Users able to Update to RTM: If you’re running Windows 10 Technical Preview on your computer, there’s no need to worry that you might lose all your files when the stable build of the OS comes out as Microsoft is working to make it possible to upgrade to RTM when it becomes available. Gabriel Aul, the...