Windows 10: Windows install fails when more than 4 HDD's.

Discus and support Windows install fails when more than 4 HDD's. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. Trying a Windows install on a Server box with 4 HDD's installed. This server also allows boot from a Micro SD card. I've got a 64GB micro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jan 21, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows install fails when more than 4 HDD's.

Hi there.

Trying a Windows install on a Server box with 4 HDD's installed. This server also allows boot from a Micro SD card. I've got a 64GB micro SD card loaded as well.

Fails when trying to create any partition on any of the HDD's. Works if I temporarily remove one HDD or take out the 64GB internal micro SD card.

I Get a message "Windows cannot create partition on selected Disk" - even when totally empty. It doesn't matter if GPT or MBR disks either.

Seems that if you want to install a non server version of Windows (i.e Windows 10 Pro for example) 4 HDD's is the limit (a micro SD card counts as an HDD).

If I install Esxi on the SD card then no prob creating Windows VM's without removing HDD's.

I think after w10 is installed you can add more HDD's.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 21, 2016

2. Why do I get a notification when running the Windows 10 app that my Intel E-8500 CPU is not compatible with Windows 10?

My computer in addition to the Intel E8500 CPU has 4 GB of RAM, a 1 TB HDD and a 640 GB HDD, and a Nvidia 450 GTS Graphics Card. This configuration is more than adequate to run Windows 10.

As I stated, the Windows 10 app indicates the CPU is not supported. This makes no sense as this is a standard high end (2008-09) intel core 2 Duo CPU which should be more than adequate to run Windows 10. This processor would be supported.

Should I try installing from a ISO file?

RobertBietting, Jan 21, 2016
  3. more than Win User
    is later OS Tango update incloude smasung omina7

Hi i have Omina 7 from Samsung and i tried to update my mbile to Tango but i can't update,is OS tango update works on Omina7 i mean can i update to OS tango.

is my phone date as shown down later update fo Omina7 recentaly.

my phone data

Phone Operating System Nu: 7.10.7740.16

firmware Nu: 022211.8.5

hardware Nu:3.5.0.4

Radio Nu: 2424.11.7.2

Radio hardware Nu: 0.0.0.800

Bootloader Nu: 5.8.1.9

Zune software version - 4.8

Computer Operating System version - windows 7 32 bit

thanks

more than, Jan 21, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks.

I surely can't be the only one around here with a machine that has more than 4 HDD's. How did you install Windows without temporarily removing one of the HDD's. Note this is a BIOS MBR machine not a UEFI one - however apart from the boot HDD which is an SSD in my case all the rest can operate as GPT HDD's without a problem.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 23, 2016
  5. valihrach Win User
    I have similar experience, a few months ago I had to disconnect the rest 5 disks to be able to install Windows 10. I found an installation logfile somewhere on X: (virtual filesystem used only during installation, it is necessary to push Shift+F10, run Notepad from command prompt, select File-Open and then find the log) which said something like "the selected disk is not the primary boot device", I do not remember the exact sentence. IMO the problem is not number of disks (even it is possible too) but disk sequence, because for some reason it is presented differently in BIOS and in Windows - Windows installation probably wants to use the very first disk. If you have the target disk for Windows 10 connected to add-on SATA controller card instead of motherboard (same as I have), you probably have the only one option - to disconnect all other disks temporarily.

valihrach, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows install fails when more than 4 HDD's. - Similar Threads - install fails more

2. unable to load more than 4 images bmp in clipchamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to load more than 4 images bmp in clipchamp: Hi,Is there limitation on the number of images that you can load in Clipchamp since I cannot exceed 4. Why ?? Did not find any info in the internet nor on Clipchamp site !!It appears to me that this app is far from being a Champ !!YB...
  3. unable to load more than 4 images bmp in clipchamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to load more than 4 images bmp in clipchamp: Hi,Is there limitation on the number of images that you can load in Clipchamp since I cannot exceed 4. Why ?? Did not find any info in the internet nor on Clipchamp site !!It appears to me that this app is far from being a Champ !!YB...
  4. Game Installation failed in HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game Installation failed in HDD: When i am trying to install my games from store like Epic games , Steam , etc and any software in the drives of HDD everytime the installation is failing because suddenly the drives of the HDD vanishing and again showing and my os is installed in a SSD and when i am...
  5. Slow Boot more than 4 min.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot more than 4 min.: Hi, Slowness occurs after loading the BIOS and before the User screen. There is also a Google Drive link with a MEMORY dump file, if necessary. MEMORY.DMP Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.836 thank you 157545
  6. Updates installing more than once

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates installing more than once: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just realized that KB4023057 has installed itself 3 times--November and December, 2018, and January 2019. KB4100347 has installed twice: once on January 29 and again today. Why would that be? 126628
  7. Timeline more than 4 days without ACC

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline more than 4 days without ACC: I think it goes without saying that not every1 want to surrender our privacy and give all our data to MS. Has any1 figured out how to "work the system" and allow for more than 4 days in the timeline? Thanks! 124796
  8. SSD's use more battery power than HDD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD's use more battery power than HDD?: Tom's Hardware article: The SSD Power Consumption Hoax What got me considering this was actually not about runtime duration performance, but battery drain during cold shutdown.. One HP notebook I have (Envy M6) is getting a bit old and I was noticing that when completely...
  9. HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes: Hello I use my WD 1TB blue just for storage. I have Windows 10 x64 CU updated. But on the last weeks my HDD always spins up after a few minutes on idle(i put to idle after 10 minutes on energy settings). So i start digging the cause because it makes that mechanical...
  10. Windows fails to start when more than 8GB RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows fails to start when more than 8GB RAM: I upgraded the RAM of my Laptop to 16 GB (from 8 GB) and the Windows 10 wasn't starting anymore; no blue screen ....just loading it again and again (the same with Windwos 8.1). The simple fix was to set this amount in "BOOT advanced Options". The problem now is that I...