Windows 10: windows installation constantly freezes/hangs

Discus and support windows installation constantly freezes/hangs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On a new PC build, recreated windows installation media twice on the USB, everytime i get to like the enter product key screen it either hangs freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by imlandy, Jul 26, 2017.

1. imlandy Win User

windows installation constantly freezes/hangs

On a new PC build, recreated windows installation media twice on the USB, everytime i get to like the enter product key screen it either hangs freezes before i get to enter it or after.

:)

imlandy, Jul 26, 2017

2. E7 - hanging on use, spcially messaging

Hello

The brand new E7-phone is constantly hanging. Some thimes, to call out, i need to restart the device 5-6 times. This is like on messaging, its hanging, and if it hangs, the only thing that helps is to restart the device.

I have made a software update after i got it, but that dindt help.

The device is not always like that, somedays it works fine, but then it can have a day with hanging and freezing the whole time.

I have not installed any 3PD software.

PetterSandvik, Jul 26, 2017
  3. how do I rollback to Windows 8 from Windows 10 WITHOUT using Windows?

I have tried getting help regarding my laptop constantly hanging in Windows 10.

Suggested "fixes" are worthless as my laptop stops responding after a couple of clicks....

The internet is FULL of other users experiencing the same issue.

I have tried rolling back to Windows 8 using the 'Settings / Recovery / Go back to windows 8' option, but surprise surprise Windows hangs & freezes. On the odd occasion where it doesn't freeze, it restarts straight back to Windows 10.

I am not a programmer, merely a customer who has been using Microsoft products since Windows 3. Without any issue. Until now.

So simply - How can I roll back to Windows 8 (as originally installed) without using Windows 10?

I do not have original installation discs as laptop was purchased with Windows 8 pre-installed.

DavidHyland, Jul 26, 2017
  4. windows installation constantly freezes/hangs

Hi imlandy. Welcome to the TenForums @imlandy

Not sure how you are creating installation media. Please use MS's Media Creation Tool.

Next have you review BIOS settings. Fast Boot and Secure Boot must be disable.

Since this is a new build the first thing I would run is memtest86. We have a tutorial in the library. Need to confirm system is operational before chasing Windows issues.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 26, 2017
Thema:

windows installation constantly freezes/hangs

1. windows installation constantly freezes/hangs - Similar Threads - installation constantly freezes

2. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  3. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  4. Windows 11 Hard Hangs Constantly

Windows 11 Hard Hangs Constantly: Hello everyone, I had Windows 11 running for 6 monthsnew build August 2023, no issue. Friday night 1/26/24 worked for several hours gaming, streaming, you name it, Saturday morning and ever since, entire OS freezes where manual power cycle is only solution. I checked for...
  5. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  6. Windows hangs or freezes

Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  7. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Constant Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Constant Freezing: I recently purchased a brand new HP Pavilion with Windows 10. It came in the mail yesterday and has been a little slower than I was expecting from the beginning. There was some serious lag when alternating between tabs on Google Chrome and performing pretty much any other...
  9. 10-15 second freezes & hangs constantly after rebuild

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10-15 second freezes & hangs constantly after rebuild: Hi Recently had to rebuild my PC after it bricked (some sort of driver conflict...never figured it out). Ever since then it's been hanging/freezing for 10-15 seconds. Seems to be temporarily fixed by a restart but always returns. When it does, the mouse still moves but no...
  10. Constant Windows 10 hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant Windows 10 hangs: Here's a chronic and apparently unsolvable problem with Windows 10. Short desciption: ever since moving the boot partition to a Crucial MX200 SSD, the PC has been crash and hang prone. Windows 10 Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063 32 Bit Windows, PC has a AMD FX6300 and...