Windows 10: Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM

Discus and support Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few months back, I created a Win10 Installation media. I used sysprep/DISM to capture it and, it has been working great. However, I'm testing an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RKillCrazy, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM

A few months back, I created a Win10 Installation media. I used sysprep/DISM to capture it and, it has been working great. However, I'm testing an AutoUnattend.xml file with it today. Up 'til now, it's only been used for manual installations. When I use DISM to take a peek at the WIM, I get the following:

Code: dism.exe /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:"C:\Temp\J_CENA_X64FREV_EN_US_DV5_1607\sources\install.wim" Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.0 Details for image : C:\Temp\J_CENA_X64FREV_EN_US_DV5_1607\sources\install.wim Index : 1 Name : Windows 10 Enterprise v1607 Description : Windows 10 Enterprise x64 - Updated 2016-11-25 Size : 15,894,864,237 bytes The operation completed successfully.[/quote] However, when I boot the ISO, with the autounattend.xml file on the root, it prompts me to select an OS at the select the operating system you want to install screen. That's fine because, if possible, I want to try appending more WIMs to it and have the ability to select from several options in that window. My issue is the only entry in the list - currently - has no name or description when DISM clearly shows otherwise. You guys ever see this?

Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM [​IMG]

:)

RKillCrazy, Mar 9, 2017

2. Open .wim files on Windows 10

Open WIM File - PowerISO should extract the windows installation media files.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 9, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    DISM not working Windows 10

Plain online checking should work. Does here from my laptop....

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I'm curious how and where you acquired your iso and usb to have the install.esd and not .wim . ISO made with the

Media Creation Tool
    here is .wim

'Mike P, Mar 9, 2017
Thema:

Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM

1. Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM - Similar Threads - Installation Media Nameless

2. Windows Installation Media not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installation Media not Installing: Hello, Recently I had a power outage issue that, after getting the issue resolved, I discovered that I could not boot windows, or even enter into the recovery environment. I asked around other places online and was led to believe that it may have been a motherboard...
  3. Windows Installation Media not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installation Media not Installing: Hello, Recently I had a power outage issue that, after getting the issue resolved, I discovered that I could not boot windows, or even enter into the recovery environment. I asked around other places online and was led to believe that it may have been a motherboard...
  4. Windows Installation Media not Installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restoring a .WIM, Windows will not Boot

Restoring a .WIM, Windows will not Boot: Hi, I am really at a loss, and was hoping someone would help. I have a .WIM that I need to restore to a test laptop.I have a USB thumb drive with WinPE on it. I have a USB SSD with the .WIM.The version of Windows is newer as of 6/2021, likely the latest version or one...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 WIM - install Language Pack

Windows 10 20H2 WIM - install Language Pack: Hi all, I cannot find the language pack file for updating my Windows 10 20H2 WIM. These ISOs are my only options. [ATTACH] I downloaded these both; copied out the en-gb\lp.cab Mounted the WIM in DISM in CMD and in PowerShell - tried both Ran the command to install the...
  7. Nameless Folder In This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nameless Folder In This PC: Hello Everyone! I can this Folder in This PC. It neither has any name nor it opens up into anything. How do I remove this? Screenshot for reference: [ATTACH] And By the Way, if i open the Save as dialogue Box, that folder isn't visible anywhere! [ATTACH] And i...
  8. Not able to Delete or Remove Nameless Ethernet Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to Delete or Remove Nameless Ethernet Network: This is a Screenshot of the Ethernet windows , I'm Not able to delete or remove the nameless Network connection whenever I try to click on it, nothing happens and out of sudden this ethernet windows closes automatically. Please help [ATTACH]...
  9. 12GB WIM File (Making it into a bootable USB Installer)

12GB WIM File (Making it into a bootable USB Installer): Hello everyone, I'm trying to automate a Windows 10 installation with my customized WIM image. From the tutorials I've read, the best practice is to split the DMG (which doesn't do the windows setup screen for automation using autounattend.xml) or creating two partitions...
  10. Weird nameless gray (or black) window appearing all the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird nameless gray (or black) window appearing all the time: This started happening a few days ago. I'm not sure if it's related, but I uninstalled Acrobat DC and installed Acrobat XI and sometime after that it started. I get one of the following randomly in my Windows 10 desktop: - "DDE Server" (or DDE Server Window, I'm not sure)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get install.wim for 17134.1099

2. j_cena_x64frev_en-us_dv5 activate