Windows 10: Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) problem

Discus and support Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I can't install or uninstall certain programs like itunes or Java 8. Every time something calls on Windows Installer, the installation freezes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bernardo, Apr 18, 2017.

1. bernardo Win User

Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) problem

Hi, I can't install or uninstall certain programs like itunes or Java 8. Every time something calls on Windows Installer, the installation freezes and resource manager shows Windows Installer forever using 12% CPU.

McAffee and Malwarebytes scans reveal no problems. SFC and DISM scans also reveal no problems.
    Can someone offer diagnostic guidance?

Thank you!

:)

bernardo, Apr 18, 2017
  2. bernieee Win User

Thank you for your efforts, I'm doing a clean install of windows now. I'll keep a close eye on what is happening with the system if this problem reoccurs.

bernieee, Apr 18, 2017
  3. bernieee Win User

I did try that tool initially and I am running it again for good measure. The result is the same. The troubleshooter hangs while "Attempting to uninstall(or install) Adobe Acrobat Reader DC(or iTunes, etc...)" with Windows Installer locked up using 12%
    CPU.

bernieee, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) problem - Similar Threads - Installer msiexec exe

2. problem installing an exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing an exe file: i had downloaded an old game file, needed to install it, however, the .exe file does not open. computer says "this app cant run in your pc. to find a version for your pc check with your software publisher." how do i solve this?? i tried the troubleshoot, the program doesnt...
  3. problem installing an exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing an exe file: i had downloaded an old game file, needed to install it, however, the .exe file does not open. computer says "this app cant run in your pc. to find a version for your pc check with your software publisher." how do i solve this?? i tried the troubleshoot, the program doesnt...
  4. I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...: I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem.It is not there. I tried searching for it but it does not come up anywhere.Any suggestions?...
  5. I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...: I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem.It is not there. I tried searching for it but it does not come up anywhere.Any suggestions?...
  6. msiexec access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    msiexec access denied: Hello, Having got my new OC (10 Enterprise). I've done all the updating it required so it's fully up to date. I started to install all my programs. A few days later the install programs stopped working, both msi and exe. From what I can tell it's "msiexec.exe" which has...
  7. MSIEXEC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSIEXEC: So recently I tried installing this msi file. Completely normal, it asked me what app i wanted to use and i selected the first one : However the file does not install and it keeps asking me the same question over and over again even if i press ok it doesnt change. Any...
  8. .exe Installation Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe Installation Problem: Hey everyone, I'm facing a weird and frustrating problem. I got a new Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB (Freedos) a couple days ago. I installed Windows 10 with the .iso file I got from Windows. I entered my license key and I updated drivers, installed all Windows updates and...
  9. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...
  10. msiexec no reboot option

in Windows 10 Support
    msiexec no reboot option: whats wrong with this command as i dont want it to restart after it uninstalls sep but it restarts start /wait MsiExec.exe /X {8097EE64-FDE1-409A-B25D-3DFD862871E1} /passive /norestart 84867