Windows 10: Windows Installer Packages not opening on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Installer Packages not opening on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Messages showing up when trying to install files that is an msi file: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sstdiana, Jun 6, 2017.

1. sstdiana Win User

Windows Installer Packages not opening on Windows 10

Messages showing up when trying to install files that is an msi file:

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package.

I am trying to install 8Gadgetpacksetup.msi at this time. I have run this package thru several updates on the Windows system. I could not reset after some updates. Followed instructions to uninstall and then reinstall. Now the file will not open to reinstall. I have noticed that several msi files over the last few months have had the same issue, with no fix found.

I have tried all of these fixes:
    sfc/ scannow - nothing found wrong
    changed value in registry to 1
    un-registered / registered installer
    tried running file through administrator command prompt.

tried starting manually in services (this is the only command available other that stop)
    I may have tried a few more that I have forgotten, but basically I am at a stopping point, Is there anything else to do or should I continue to forgo the files I want to download that are msi?

I am on an HP Touch-smart 15" Laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

:)

sstdiana, Jun 6, 2017

2. i could not install java jdk and jre file on my windows 10

my problem is I could not install java jdk and jre file on my windows 10 dell laptop. It showing a pop-up notification called windows installer[The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or
    contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package]. Please solve my problem.

vinaykumarvodampally, Jun 6, 2017
  3. RanaldKok Win User
    Can't install itunes on windows 10 pc

I tried installing iTunes on my new desktop that comes with windows 10 but was not able to. The error message says this installation could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify
    that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

RanaldKok, Jun 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 6, 2017
  5. sstdiana Win User
    dalchina, - thank you for the link! followed instructions and it did not work. *cry This was a good thought and i haven't seen it in a fix. I have been trying on and off to fix this msi issue. Nothing has worked yet. MS is of no use for support. Thanks for your answer.

sstdiana, Jul 13, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, just tried the msi from here:
    8GadgetPack Download
    - worked on my PC (1607 build - see my specs).
    However I note you say other msi's fail to install.

Presumably you successfully merged the reg file from the tutorial.

You could try this, but I somehow doubt it's the answer.
    How to Force an MSI Package to Install Using Administrator Mode

Is yours an admin account?

What happens when you double click the msi file- do you get an error message?

Try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, observing the cautious stages. Select only repair 21.
    I would recommend that as a straightforward approach.

Beyond that there are good details here:
    Windows Installer Corrupted

including how to reregister msiexec.

Also here- but older (I presume still valid)
    How to register and reinstall Windows Installer? | Whatever!

(Note: you can add the ability to install things in Safe Mode).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Installer Packages not opening on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installer Packages opening

2. Recurring Windows Installer Issue: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring Windows Installer Issue: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact...: Hello All, I'm trying to download and install an update for my NVivo Qualitative Data Analysis software program. Every single time I've tried to update it, the Nvivo Update Installer opens, appears to download the update, and then Window's Installer opens and then I receive...
  3. Recurring Windows Installer Issue: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring Windows Installer Issue: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact...: Hello All, I'm trying to download and install an update for my NVivo Qualitative Data Analysis software program. Every single time I've tried to update it, the Nvivo Update Installer opens, appears to download the update, and then Window's Installer opens and then I receive...
  4. Problem with Package Installer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Package Installer Windows 10: Hello ,I have a problem with the package Installer so I wanted to delete google chrome Because⌚ I use Microsoft Edge all the time So I remove all of it files I deleted them all then The app is deleted but I found out that google still didnt uninstalled I found this in the...
  5. Installation of KB packages on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of KB packages on windows 10: MSFT installs KB packages on my laptop and in some cases reboots. I've had a number of issues after the reboot. Can windows 10 be configured to warn me that a KB will be installed that requires a reboot and not reboot until I've given permission? thanks in advance...
  6. Microsoft windows 10 Office package will not open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft windows 10 Office package will not open.: Microsoft windows 10 has worked for two weeks approx. and now will not open any of the apps eg; word, excel etc. What has happened? What steps do I take?...
  7. This installation package could not be opened in Sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This installation package could not be opened in Sandbox: I was really looking forward to using Windows Sandbox for testing the installers I generate as result of my build. Unfortunately, right off the bat ran into the "This installation package could not be opened …" error message. Have tried all of the options related to msi...
  8. Need help in opening a Windows Installer Package

Need help in opening a Windows Installer Package: Hello, I am a home user and have set myself as administrator of my W10 system and am having an issue opening an installation file (I believe with an msi extension) that I downloaded . When open (run) the file, I get an error message advising (words to the effect) you do not...
  9. Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and...

Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and...: Hi, While installing Java & MySQL and some other apps in windows 10, I am frequently getting this error: Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that it is a...
  10. Windows Installer Package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer Package: Every time I try to download the latest version of iTunes onto my laptop, this message appears, "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. a program required for this install to complete could not be run. contact your support or package vendor." I am unsure of...