Windows 10: windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program

Discus and support windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When running certain programs which were running under windows7 on another computer and are now uninstalled are now attempting to reinstall with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jameshk, Feb 20, 2018.

1. jameshk Win User

windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program

When running certain programs which were running under windows7 on another computer and are now uninstalled are now attempting to reinstall with windows installer over and over again. It gets interrupted with an error message and then starts all over again. The program happens to be pinnacle 14 which I upgraded to pinnacle 18. I have exhausted my attempts to identify and fix the problem. I have seen a number of problems that are similar on the web but none of the suggesting are working. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

jameshk, Feb 20, 2018
  2. bjonson Win User

"uninstall program" actually tries to install it

Thank you, Andre. This tool is great but, surprisingly, it didn't remove my problem program.

For some odd reason, until I deleted dozens of temp files related to the program, it wouldn't uninstall. It seems to be gone now.

Again, thank you

bjonson, Feb 20, 2018
  3. "uninstall program" actually tries to install it

Try using Revo uninstaller to remove it:

You can find Revo Uninstaller at
    http://www.revouninstaller.com
    (freeware). Here’s a quick look at how to use Revo uninstaller.

Launch Revo uninstaller after installing, select the program you want to uninstall or search for it using the built in search tool.

Click the Uninstall button on the toolbar

This will start the uninstallation wizard for the particular program you selected. Revo uninstaller will go through a series of steps which include creating a system restore point, creating a backup of your Windows registry.

Then analyze the program and run its default uninstaller, click Yes when you see the above dialog. After the uninstall is completed, you have a choice of scanning modes to select from. What this will do is let you scan for any left over files, folders and
    registry items from that particular program. Safe looks in the usual places, moderate in more advanced locations while Advanced does a thorough search throughout the entire computer. After selecting your choice, (I went with Advanced), click Scan.

After the scan is complete, you will see a list of registry entries left behind by the program, select them then click Finish to thoroughly remove the program from your system.

The default uninstaller should work for most persons, but for those troublesome programs, the Force Uninstall feature and advanced scanning options will give you more control.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 20, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Since no one has yet to respond, allow me to offer my limited suggestions :

1. Check if you still have remnants of Pinnacle left in the system.............
    a.) Go to This PC > open C drive (your main drive) > open Program Files if your OS is 32-bit, or Program Files(x86) if your OS is 64-bit > look for Pinnacle Studios. If found delete it.
    b.) Right click at Start > Run > enter regedit > Ok > expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > look for Pinnacle Studios. If found, delete it.
    Do the same on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

2. Perhaps calling on Pinnacle Support is in order.
    Pinnacle Studio 21.5 | Powerful Video Editing Software

davidhk, Feb 20, 2018
  5. jameshk Win User
    I have deleted any thing related to the software programs that Windows Installer is attempting load I also deleted registry entries. Problems start when I execute some but not all programs. I am going to try reinstalling programs and then going through an uninstall. I that fails I will go back to a backup that predates the problem

jameshk, Feb 21, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Manual Removal Guide for PU.PinnaclePCPerformance

Clearly this is an unpleasant program.

A standard approach if there are not sufficient remnants for an uninstaller such as Revo to be pointed to (Force Uninstall mode) would be to reinstall it, monitoring the install. Then uninstall it with the uninstall program.

(I habitually uinstall progs with Geek Uninstaller (free)- like Revo, it does a scan after uninstalling to find remnants).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program - Similar Threads - installer repeatedly tries

2. Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?: I have some issues with software not installing correctly specifically Visual C++ ReDist. 2008. I have resolved similar issues in the past using the "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" tool found at this...
  3. Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?: I have some issues with software not installing correctly specifically Visual C++ ReDist. 2008. I have resolved similar issues in the past using the "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" tool found at this...
  4. cant install or uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant install or uninstall programs: when i try to install a program, the 'install' screen just crashes. when i try to uninstall a program, the 'uninstall' screen also crashes. i also i can't launch discord, device manager and many other windows apps i'm wondering if i have a virus on my computer. submitted...
  5. Error 1500 - Trying to install or uninstall a program in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 1500 - Trying to install or uninstall a program in Windows 10: I'm getting Error 1500 when trying to install or uninstall a program. The program in question is PS4 Remote Play which has been working fine until recently. [ATTACH] I have no other installations in progress. Here are the steps I have tried: Rebooted computer Ran...
  6. Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I am unable to download "Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter" from the link : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed It is giving 404 - File or directory not found. All my colleagues...
  7. Unable to install or uninstall programs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install or uninstall programs.: Hi, i did something stupid and changed the ownership and permissions of the folder "C:\Windows" and now some programs don't work and I'm unable to install or uninstall programs. I tried the installer troubleshooter and it did not work. Also i tried resetting the permissions...
  8. Unable to install or uninstall programs with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install or uninstall programs with Windows 10: Whenever I try to install a program, I click on the setup exe that I just downloaded and I get an error message that says "Windows cannot find (the .exe) make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again" When I try to uninstall a program, I get an error message that...
  9. Update repeatedly tries to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update repeatedly tries to install: I have a problem that Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2881030) 32-Bit Edition tries to install repeatedly, since windows automatically updated on 8th June. I have MS Office 64 bit installed, and the corresponding update has installed correctly for this. I cannot...
  10. Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows: How to: Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows How to Download and Use Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows [img] Information The Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter allows you to automatically repair issues including...