Windows 10: Windows Installer Service not accessed

Discus and support Windows Installer Service not accessed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had persistent failures when trying to update iTunes, so I thought I would uninstall it and then re-install. The uninstall process seems to start,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ralphholmes, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Windows Installer Service not accessed

I've had persistent failures when trying to update iTunes, so I thought I would uninstall it and then re-install. The uninstall process seems to start, but then the pop-up window vanishes and nothing has been uninstalled.
    I re-started my PC in Safe Mode and tried again to uninstall iTunes: I received a pop-up window with this message, "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if Windows Installer is not correctly installed."
    How can I fix this, please?
    My Windows 10 was the free update from Windows 7.

:)

ralphholmes, Mar 29, 2016

2. Windows Service Installer could not be accessed error message when trying to remove program

Hello,

I am trying to uninstall the Stamps.com program from my computer, but every time I do, I get a message that says: Windows Service Installer could not be accessed. I've included a screen shot of the two error messages that show up:

Windows Installer Service not accessed [​IMG]

and then this:

Windows Installer Service not accessed [​IMG]

I've found some other help topics in the Microsoft Forums, but none of them seem to work. Any help witht the a matter would be greatly appreciated.

oneofthejohns, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 29, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows Installer Service not accessed

This may happen due to several reasons. Most common ones are

• an incomplete installation of the program
    • An aggressive registry cleaner killed he uninstaller.
    As you want to uninstall a program (iTunes) and cannot access the uninstaller of the program, try Revo Uninstaller Freeware. It has different uninstallation options, and it will ultimately uninstall the program.

[youtube]bi-LzPVK78M[/youtube]

EDIT: This link may be useful to you, too. iTunes Won't Install On Windows 10? Here's How To Fix It | Redmond Pie

5. Thank you for your help. Uninstalling iTunes using your suggestion of Revo Uninstaller and then re-installing iTunes seems to have done the trick.

This problem has appeared only recently: prior to this iTunes has frequently updated itself. With a bit of luck it will continue to do so.

ralphholmes, Mar 29, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Good news. *Smile
    If you find that the issue is really gone, please mark this thread as solved. It not only helps the forum for proper indexing but also the other users having similar issues.

Thema:

Windows Installer Service not accessed

1. Windows Installer Service not accessed - Similar Threads - Installer Service accessed

2. Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed: I installed a new antivirus program and I'm trying to uninstall the old one and I got this message, which I've never seen before:"The Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support...
  3. Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed: I installed a new antivirus program and I'm trying to uninstall the old one and I got this message, which I've never seen before:"The Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support...
  4. "The Windows Installer Service couldn't be Accessed" Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The Windows Installer Service couldn't be Accessed" Windows 11: I am Getting these error Messages :- And the 'Windows Installer' Service is missing :- How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-installer-service-couldnt-be-accessed/a19281dc-6b8b-4f3a-9fe4-701be561cf99
  5. Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed: Hello MS CommunityI am running the latest version of Windows 11 and for some odd reason whenever I try and install any .msi installer it always comes up with this error message Despite doing all of the suggested resolutions like manually starting Windows Installer in Services...
  6. Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed: Hello MS CommunityI am running the latest version of Windows 11 and for some odd reason whenever I try and install any .msi installer it always comes up with this error message Despite doing all of the suggested resolutions like manually starting Windows Installer in Services...
  7. Windows Installer Services Cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer Services Cannot be accessed: I have been trying to update a few programs mostly my VPN Surfchark When I do i get this :"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.This can occur you are running Windows in Safemode, or if the windows installer is not correctlyinstalled. Contact your support...
  8. "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.".......

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.".......: So I ran into that problem again. And I'm getting kinda sick of it. Last time I had it I figured that was because I toyed with JoyCon drivers and the likes but this time I did nothing of the sort. Last time the only fix I found was to reinstall Windows but that just won't cut...
  9. Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed etc: Using Windows 10 Pro - up to date. Now unable to update a variety of programs - running [ ? ] V 5.0.19041.1 of Windows Installer Any help, with this frustrating issue, would be very much appreciated. Thanks John...
  10. Windows Installer service could not be accessed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer service could not be accessed - Windows 10: Windows Installer service could not be accessed - Windows 10 Hi there I tried yesterday to update Adobe DC Reader and I received this error. I have searched the previous answers and I checked system health, stop /start the program, deregister /register. I removed the DC...