Windows 10: Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

Discus and support Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to install the application "Avid Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4 onto both of my laptop PC's running Windows 10. Both machines had a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ampnerd, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ampnerd Win User

Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

I am trying to install the application "Avid Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4 onto both of my laptop PC's running Windows 10. Both machines had a clean install of Windows 10 just a week ago and have very little software on them as of yet, in other words they are both identical and very recent/clean systems. One installs "Pro Tools" just fine, the other does not......
    On the first of the two PC's the install goes just fine and everything is installed correctly and Pro Tools works as expected. On second machine the install will not complete and behaves differently during the installation process. On this second machine when I run the installer it starts fine but then after 30 seconds it displays a "Windows Installer v5" window. This window did not appear during the installation on the first machine.
    This window pops up 3 times to which I have to click OK to so it will keep installing. Just before it appears the third time I get a new "Install Shield Wizard" window appear at the bottom of the screen that I think is the actual installation of the main Pro Tools app (the previous installation windows were installing the peripheral software I think).
    As soon as this Install Shield Wizard window pops up I get the third "Windows Installer v5" window and as soon as I click OK to that the Install Shield Wizard window disappears and the application stops installing.
    What could be going on that it won't let the main installer run, or rather quits it right after it starts? These machines are identical in terms of hardware and software. I have attached photos below of the process.

Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install [​IMG]

:)

ampnerd, Jul 9, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

AVID PRO TOOLS

I recently upgrade to windows 10 I use avid pro tools it was working fine after the upgrade but now its not. I will have to uninstall windows 10 and go back to windows 7 because I make my living in Post production. Overall I think windows 10 is awesome but
    not at the moment. any solution anyone b4 I reinstall windows 7

Thanks

MichaelEpstein96, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

1. Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install - Similar Threads - Installer problem Avid

2. Unable to install Graphics Tools in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Graphics Tools in Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I cannot install Graphics Tools as Optional Features with my PC:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎13/‎2021 OS build 19043.1806 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 The problem is once I click Install it will turns into "Install...
  3. Unable to install Graphics Tools in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Graphics Tools in Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I cannot install Graphics Tools as Optional Features with my PC:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎13/‎2021 OS build 19043.1806 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 The problem is once I click Install it will turns into "Install...
  4. Unable to install Graphics Tools in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows and Avid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and Avid: I have an old Avid 6.5 editing program that I own. I can not afford to do the Subscription that Avid wants for all the new editing systems.I just do little documentaries on my own. I have been running it off line with 7 pro . Was wondering if there is a way to make it work on...
  6. Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools: Hi, I just installed Avid Pro Tools on my computer and as soon as its done loading everything, a blue screen appears on my screen saying "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" and the error code is "Bad_Pool_Caller". The very first time tried opening it, it gave...
  7. avid pro tools first error 1935

avid pro tools first error 1935: I keep getting this message when I try to install pro tools with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avid-pro-tools-first-error-1935/ad837f77-9155-4fde-bad2-674c11b79d0f
  8. Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install: I am trying to install the application "Avid Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4 onto both of my laptop PC's running Windows 10. Both machines had a clean install of Windows 10 just a week ago and have very little software on them as of yet, in other words they are both identical and...
  9. Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install: I am trying to install the application "Avid Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4 onto both of my laptop PC's running Windows 10. Both machines had a clean install of Windows 10 just a week ago and have very little software on them as of yet, in other words they are both identical and...
  10. Unable to Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire V5-573G

Unable to Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire V5-573G: I have Aspire V5-573G, which has all hardware requirements for Windows 10. The problem is when I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10 after 30%, the installation stops and roll backs to windows 8.1, I tried this 3 times and fed up. It gave me error "The installion failed...