Windows 10: windows/intel audio driver issue

Discus and support windows/intel audio driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; been having this problem since i updated windows to 1803 (17134.228) every time i start my PC i have no sound from the default speakers. my setup = 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vermin8tor, Aug 24, 2018.

1. windows/intel audio driver issue

been having this problem since i updated windows to 1803 (17134.228)

every time i start my PC i have no sound from the default speakers.

my setup = 2 x HDMI TV to the on board graphics running I5 4690.

I also have a TV connected to my NV GPU.

default speakers are utilising the Intel drivers.

if I switch to my other speaker setups i have sound. this only affects the Intel driver and windows driver.

I have gone through the trouble shooter many times with the same result, i have to reboot.

I have also tried uninstalling the drivers and devices via DM, the only way i have found to fix this is either way i have stated.

after rebooting sound is working as it should.

i use my big screen for more than a monitor, while using my PC on my others.

any idea's on how to fix permanently.

:)

vermin8tor, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Jay Jap Win User

windows/intel audio driver issue

Hello vermin8tor,

Since you already tried some basic troubleshooting steps, trying to disable the Audio Enhancements and check if it is the same. Here's how:

1. Go to Start, enter Sound, and select
      Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.
    2. On the Playback tab, right-click (or press and hold) the
      Default Device
      and select Properties.
    3. On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements check box and try to play your audio device.
    4. If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the
      Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.

If it is still the same, try to use the previous driver that was installed before the update. Here's how:

1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Right-click the driver and choose Update driver.
    3. On the next window, choose Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
    4. Pick a driver that you wish to install from the list then hit Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Jay Jap, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 audio driver issue

Hi Hani,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform playing audio Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: Updating the Audio drivers.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

3. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. windows/intel audio driver issue - Similar Threads - intel audio driver

2. Intel 7265 driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel 7265 driver issue: I have an Acer SF315-52 laptop, with Intel 7265 wifi card, running Windows 10, and a Sony pair of headphones (WH-XB700) with aptX support. The problem is, the wifi card needs to be activated with aptX, so I update the driver (from this source...
  3. Driver audio motherboard Intel DH55TC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver audio motherboard Intel DH55TC: Salve, da poco ho istallato il Sistema operativo windows 10 pro sul mio PC desctop che aveva le caratteristiche minime richieste per esser istallato. La scheda madre è una INTEL DH55TC con processore i3 e memoria ram 4G. Funziona tutto tranne i driver audio. Sapete come...
  4. Intel HD Audio Driver Failure

Intel HD Audio Driver Failure: Hello all, So I ran across an issue that haven't been able to find a fix for. Recently, my mother bought a new laptop (HP Spectre x360 Convertable 13-ae011dx series), this was to replace a slightly older HP Spectre model that she has. To save time, we took the M.2 Drive out...
  5. Intel High Definition Audio Driver or "No Audio Output Device Detected" issue

Intel High Definition Audio Driver or "No Audio Output Device Detected" issue: For some reason my audio decided to stop working and I cant hear anything now, I also get the "No Audio Output Device Detected" on my hidden icons. And So I read on the Forums to manually reinstall the driver and I did. But nothing seemed to change and I also restarted my...
  6. Intel High Definition Audio Driver Issues on Windows 10

Intel High Definition Audio Driver Issues on Windows 10: After updating Windows 10, my intel high definition audio driver stopped working. 1) I have tried re-installing the device through device manager and restarted my comp to no avail. 2) I have tried to manually reinstall Intel graphics card to no avail. 3) I have tried...
  7. Intel High Definition Audio Driver

Intel High Definition Audio Driver: When I press the volume keys on my keyboard there is no display indicating this, and there is no sound through the laptop or the headphones. When I clicked on the volume icon a window opened and automatically scanned for hardware changes, detecting that there had been none....
  8. Intel Graphics Driver Issue!

Intel Graphics Driver Issue!: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation with latest Windows 10 64 bit updates! I see there is a glitch on videos while playing on VLC. I upgraded to latest drivers v20 from Lenovo website but having same issues. Any clue ? Regards. 119646
  9. Intel HD3000 driver issue

Intel HD3000 driver issue: I have a user with a Dell Vostro 2420 that has been running Windows 10 for about a year or so and has been fine up until updates that were applied last night. Now there is an exclamation next to the video driver (Intel HD 3000 sandy bridge) and he cannot use his second...
  10. Intel Display Audio Driver

Intel Display Audio Driver: The Intel Display Audio driver I have is causing Blue Screens so are there any new versions for this driver that are compatible with Windows 10 and ​Intel i7 (fourth gen)?? The latest version I have is 6.16.0.3189. [img] 37429