Windows 10: Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart

Discus and support Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I can't seem to find anything on the topic that I am having problems with so please bear with me. On my old machine during restarts my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrible, May 17, 2018.

1. Terrible Win User

Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart

Hi, I can't seem to find anything on the topic that I am having problems with so please bear with me. On my old machine during restarts my computer would close all apps and services that were not part of startup, an example is having chrome browser open at the time of restart, it would need to be reopened completely when I logged in. I recently purchased a new machine and now on shutdown/restarts when I log in to my account all apps/services are opened by default, the same situation as above if I have facebook open prior to restart then I fully restart and login to windows I will now have chrome open on my facebook page right where I left off. All I want to do is to know how to completely restart my windows without having any caching.

(windows 10)

Thanks!

:)

Terrible, May 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart properly

I recently installed
    Windows 10 (November Update) from scratch on laptop, and now it won't shutdown properly.

I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode from power options.

Here is what happens:

• Start menu > Power > Shut down
    • It exits windows and apparently turns off (black screen)
    • The power lights are still on and my computer apparently doesn't shutdown.
    • Another issue here is that when I restart my laptop instead of restart it shutsdown.
    And when i tried to restart my laptop instead of restarting it shutdowns.

Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart [​IMG]

Zeeshan Ali Qureshi, May 17, 2018
  3. Cannot open any programs or shutdown from Desktop

Having an issue where I cannot open any programs whatsoever on the desktop. Even when I Press
    Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart [​IMG]
    +R, the Run box
    opens but does not open or run any commands. Can anyone help? I cant even get the start menu or shutdown/restart the pc as task manager does not open either.

ANDREWC_79, May 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart

1. Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart - Similar Threads - caching programs open

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  4. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  5. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Program Manager running message on shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager running message on shutdown or restart: This has only started in the past week. Program manager??? is running in the background I'm told when trying to shut down or restart. At first it was intermittently and now it's happening more often. I have not installed any new programs and don't know why this is happening....
  7. Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown: Greetings and hopefully everyone is having a good day. I have a DELL all-in-one more details about the model will be added later running Windows 10 that is connected to an Epson LQ-350 printer and a Honeywell 1470g barcode scanner through USB ports. However, after the...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. Programs stop opening and Windows hangs on restart

Programs stop opening and Windows hangs on restart: This issue seems to have been happening to me ever since the new Windows 10 update from a couple months back. I'm currently on Version 1903 with OS Build 18362.418. I cannot find a direct correlation to when it starts happening, but eventually, a number of programs will...
  10. windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart

windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart: windows does not close programs when I do a shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-close-opened-programs-when-i-do/0fc0a49e-c8bb-48a4-84ea-0219780ee73d