Windows 10: "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" - Is this a lie?

Discus and support "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" - Is this a lie? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When a program crashes and you try to close it you might be presented with a dialogue that claims "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by THX1138, Oct 22, 2016.

1. THX1138 Win User

"Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" - Is this a lie?

When a program crashes and you try to close it you might be presented with a dialogue that claims "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem". Is there a single documented case of Windows finding and returning to the user a solution to any problem whatsoever? In my years of experience the dialogue wastes time and accomplishes nothing. If it really is doing something, why can't it do that in the background whilst the user gets on with restarting their program?

:)

THX1138, Oct 22, 2016

2. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

"Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" - Is this a lie? [​IMG]

I get this dialogue more frequently these days, but in all the hundreds of times I've seen it over the years I have never once known Windows actually to find any solution. It is such a waste of time.

alancsears, Oct 22, 2016
  3. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Oct 22, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Yes. I've had it discover solutions to common problems in the past. For instance, when I tried to install the Cisco VPN software that didn't work with Windows 8, it came up with a dialog to "fix" the problem, and It did.

Most problems you're likely to have, however, are not common enough that such a fix would exist in their database, so it's unsurprising you've never seen on.

Mystere, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

1. "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" - Is this a lie? - Similar Threads - checking solution problem

2. there is problems zynga Poker Texas Holdem they lying reports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is problems zynga Poker Texas Holdem they lying reports: I can't get in zynga Poker Texas Holdem I was not harassment to play my poker . They were cussing me dirty mouth names I did reported zynga and told them what it is going on. They didn't listen to me I had been telling the truth what it is going on. I had been reported to...
  3. there is problems zynga Poker Texas Holdem they lying reports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is problems zynga Poker Texas Holdem they lying reports: I can't get in zynga Poker Texas Holdem I was not harassment to play my poker . They were cussing me dirty mouth names I did reported zynga and told them what it is going on. They didn't listen to me I had been telling the truth what it is going on. I had been reported to...
  4. No Internet / DNS problem but it's a lie

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet / DNS problem but it's a lie: Hi I was just turning on my PC like any other day and I found that I had no internet connection... But I do! Troubleshooting says DNS server issue, network keeps switching between "Connected" and "No internet" Wifi is working in my phone, ethernet works for smart TV, I...
  5. solution for problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solution for problems: 1. I was using windows 10 build 1809 on my laptop along with windows 8.1. Last month windows 10 stopped booting. Now I am able to use only 8.1. The programs I installed in win 10 are working but win 10 is not showing up in the boot manager and not booting too. I tried to...
  6. onedrive lied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive lied: I factory reset my pc windows 10, but before the reset i backed up my photos, schoolwork and music to onedrive, including pictures of my cat who sadly passed away recently. onedrive said everything "successfully backed up", so i reset my pc. once it completed i found out that...
  7. My PC has problems and is lying still?

My PC has problems and is lying still?: Hey you out there, my PC is lying all the time (among other things), the mouse and the games like Fortnite (It worked perfectly 2 weeks ago), Maybe you can help me? WINDOWS 10 PC infos: LG Gaming, 16 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, Windows 10 Pro Mein PC hat Probleme...
  8. Windows Lied..?

Windows Lied..?: I was trying to disable the windows antivirus program to download an app.so it told me to launch an app, I did but I had to do something on a website that was owned by Microsoft/Windows, the specific thing was to launch an application guard, would not work....
  9. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is checking for a solution to the problem: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every time an application crashes in Windows 10, the Error Reporting Service starts checking for a solution. At times, it never finds a solution and gets stuck with the message — Windows is checking for a solution to the problem. [...] This post Windows is...
  10. Windows Store lies?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store lies?: Trying to install Forza, after three hours its still like this with nothing in the drive its installing to. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-lies/45f086cb-307e-4eac-b9de-b3e28b87b950