Windows 10: Windows is failing to install new updates

Discus and support Windows is failing to install new updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to windows 10 home edition 64 bit from windows 8.1 64 bit. But after that windows update is not working. Many failed attempts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by amritendu, Aug 13, 2015.

1. amritendu Win User

Windows is failing to install new updates

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 home edition 64 bit from windows 8.1 64 bit. But after that windows update is not working. Many failed attempts are listed in update history. Any help ? Thanks in advance

:)

amritendu, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Updates failing to install

Hi Nelson,

There are several possible reasons why Windows Updates fail to install such as system file corruption, software conflict, etc. We recommend that you follow the steps on this

article
    on how to troubleshoot Windows Update errors in Windows 10.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Nelson01 Win User
    Updates failing to install

I have been having update problems with WIN 10, Pro, 64 for several cycles. I am using the retail version of Windows.

I have run the installed troubleshooter, and it showed several items were repaired.
    But, the updates still fail to install with error code (0x80073712).

I have done this several times.

2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4048953) - Error 0x80073712

The computer is running fine and has no BSODs.

Computer:

ASUS Sabertooth MB

AMD 8360 CPU

500 GB SSD

1 TB WD HDD

32 GB G-Skill Memory

Nelson01, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Windows is failing to install new updates

1. Windows is failing to install new updates - Similar Threads - failing install updates

2. The windows failed to install the new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows failed to install the new update: My PC tried to install update and failed.. first time that happened it took me to the Automatic Repair where I tried to do system Restore and it worked for a week. after that the System tried to update again and failed. now trying the same trick won't help anymore. I tried to...
  3. The windows failed to install the new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The windows failed to install the new update: My PC tried to install update and failed.. first time that happened it took me to the Automatic Repair where I tried to do system Restore and it worked for a week. after that the System tried to update again and failed. now trying the same trick won't help anymore. I tried to...
  4. The windows failed to install the new update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. failing to install new window security updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failing to install new window security updates: 2023-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5031358.... this update is stuck on my pc not been to install it, as every time it says that ran unto a problem. any help would be appreciated....
  6. failing to install new window security updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failing to install new window security updates: 2023-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5031358.... this update is stuck on my pc not been to install it, as every time it says that ran unto a problem. any help would be appreciated....
  7. New update failing to install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update failing to install: So the update keeps showing me an "Error 0x80070026" after each time I try to install it, and for some reason, everytime there's an update my internet connection is gone, it just says "Connected, no internet" and usually, installing the update will fix the internet issue, but...
  8. New windows install fails.

New windows install fails.: I recently bought a copy of windows 10 home usb when i select 64 or 32 but, it gots to the “loading files” screen, then shows an error ” Windows has failed to launch.” One seen two separate error code’s. 0xc000000d 0xc0000225 Everything im reading is telling me...
  9. Windows Update fails on new install with error 0x800705b4

Windows Update fails on new install with error 0x800705b4: I was having problems with my computer, an I7 processor, 16 gb ram and a Gigabyte mobo. The 500gb drive was failing and when I copied the data over to a new SSD, I received multiple blue screens, like what was happening with the old hard drive. Bad data in, bad data out. I...
  10. Some updates fail on new Windows 10 installation

Some updates fail on new Windows 10 installation: Hello everyone. Just made a clean install of Windows 10 version 1903 on my laptop. The system has done successfully some updates, but the following won't complete: KB4515384 - Error code: 0x80242016 KB4516115 - Error code: 0x80070003 KB4514359 - Error code: 0x80070003 I...