Windows 10: Windows.iso - do I need?

Discus and support Windows.iso - do I need? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I am fully aware of the importance of backing up data and creating a system image (thanks to this site). But one question continues to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeddie, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Jeddie Win User

Windows.iso - do I need?

Hello all,

I am fully aware of the importance of backing up data and creating a system image (thanks to this site). But one question continues to bug me...

I have a Windows.iso file from Jun 2016 when I first upgraded to Win 10.

Is this file important? Do I need to keep it? If so, when would I use it?

Or is my current system image the only one I need to keep?

:)

Jeddie, Feb 3, 2017

2. How can I check integrity of my Windows installation file?

I have downloaded the Windows.iso file using the official Microsoft Windows downloader. How can I check its binary integrity? Where can I find SHA1 checksums of the official Windows ISO files?

My Internet search has failed to deliver an answer to this question.

Even my Windows.iso file SHA1 code is unrecognised by any search engine.

My Windows.iso file SHA1 code is: 0fda9cf223e3c0e674a16f8b82c474dfdfd1acea.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Windows Update / PC

JohnSobiesky, Feb 3, 2017
  3. G70115 Win User
    Where Can I download Window 10 Build 10586 ?

Thank You. It was very helpful.

I downloaded using the window 10 media creation tool, It download a file called Windows.iso that is a zip file.

When I started the burn to DVD, it writes to my dvd disk, but gives a error (don't remember the code) that it was not able to write. When I look at the disk, something has been written to it.

Could I just unzip the Windows.iso to its unzip form and burn it using my Roxio tool????

I tried 2 times and got this message. It takes me a long time to download, but I have the Windows.iso zipped filed saved on my disk drive.

Another question: Does this Windows.iso build 10586 has both windows 10 Pro and windows 10 home version on it??

Thanks,

G

G70115, Feb 3, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Windows.iso - do I need?

June 2016 is before the Anniversary edition of July 2016, so it is not really worth keeping the old ISO, since your system should have received upgrades and updates to the current branch 1607, build 14393.693 if you are totally up-to-date.

Fafhrd, Feb 3, 2017
  5. You could keep it and it is usable. I'd download the newer ISO though Access Denied

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows.iso - do I need?

1. Windows.iso - do I need? - Similar Threads - iso need

2. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb: please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-need-help-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-am/0e7de794-a671-4da3-ae16-1b2ce119f5e5
  3. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb: please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-need-help-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-am/0e7de794-a671-4da3-ae16-1b2ce119f5e5
  4. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac: Hi! So- last night my keyboard would not stop typing zeroes. I think- It's busted, so I unplug go to bed and order a new one. This morning I wake up to the BSOD- critical process died. Ran chkdsk- it found errors and fixed. It won't run SC scan or DISM scan. Tried...
  6. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac: Hi! So- last night my keyboard would not stop typing zeroes. I think- It's busted, so I unplug go to bed and order a new one. This morning I wake up to the BSOD- critical process died. Ran chkdsk- it found errors and fixed. It won't run SC scan or DISM scan. Tried...
  7. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 ISO Download - We need more space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 ISO Download - We need more space: Currently trying to get an ISO file of windows 10 so I can boot up a PC I just built. Every time I try to run the .exe to get the ISO file it caps at 97% and says "We need more space. Remove files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to free up space, and then try again."....
  9. Windows 10 ISO Download - We need more space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 ISO Download - We need more space: Currently trying to get an ISO file of windows 10 so I can boot up a PC I just built. Every time I try to run the .exe to get the ISO file it caps at 97% and says "We need more space. Remove files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to free up space, and then try again."....
  10. Windows 10 ISO Download - We need more space