Windows 10: Windows keeps asking me to reconnect my drive what do I do?

Discus and support Windows keeps asking me to reconnect my drive what do I do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer is a desktop and is always plugged in. This is a happening on a PC I got from a friend and he said this has been happening since he changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rammstein420, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Windows keeps asking me to reconnect my drive what do I do?

My computer is a desktop and is always plugged in. This is a happening on a PC I got from a friend and he said this has been happening since he changed the computer's name in one of the control panel applications, he did not mention that he renamed the hard drive as well but it looks like a unique name (doing this hasn't caused me problems in the past but I thought I'd mention it). It The message in the action center reads: "Reconnect your driveYour file drive was disconnected for too long. Reconnect it and then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files." Once the message is clicked on a box comes up saying "Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a backup."

:)

Rammstein420, Dec 21, 2017
  2. MauryZee Win User

File History disconnected?

Keep on getting this message, asking me to reconnect file history. What is this and how do I do it? Using Windows 10. Thanks

MauryZee, Dec 21, 2017
  3. How do I reconnect Windows 10 file history drive.

I keep getting warnings to reconnect my drive.

I bought a years worth of Microsoft cloud, but it's apparently not helping or working.

How do I reconnect Windows 10 file history drive

LARRY-KATHRYN COUBROUGH, Dec 21, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Windows keeps asking me to reconnect my drive what do I do?

It's Windows backup of sorts that keeps copies of files so you can role back if you turn off file history it should solve it for you

Samuria, Dec 21, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Stop using the drive with the old name you were backing up to, and Add the drive with it's new name.

• Open "Settings" app
    • Open "Update and Security"
    • Select "Backup" category
    • Click "More options" under Backup using File History
    • Scroll down to "Back up to a different drive"
    • Click "Stop using drive"
    • Go back to the main Backup window
    • Click "Add a drive"
    • Select the new drive

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows keeps asking me to reconnect my drive what do I do?

1. Windows keeps asking me to reconnect my drive what do I do? - Similar Threads - keeps asking reconnect

2. how do I force a drive to reconnect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I force a drive to reconnect?: ever since windows 10 I literally never had windows shares fail to reconnect in 7 and xpnever had a share set up prior to xp there is this odd and obviously **** error when leaving the wifi and coming back when a share is saved"cannot connect network name is in use" and...
  3. how do I force a drive to reconnect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I force a drive to reconnect?: ever since windows 10 I literally never had windows shares fail to reconnect in 7 and xpnever had a share set up prior to xp there is this odd and obviously **** error when leaving the wifi and coming back when a share is saved"cannot connect network name is in use" and...
  4. how do I force a drive to reconnect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why do I keep getting a Reconnect Your Drive alert?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting a Reconnect Your Drive alert?: I recently updated to Windows 10 from 8.1.Security and Maintenance indicates I have a new notification. It says Reconnect Your Drive. How can I resolve the issue?...
  6. Why do I keep getting a Reconnect Your Drive alert?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I keep getting a Reconnect Your Drive alert?: I recently updated to Windows 10 from 8.1.Security and Maintenance indicates I have a new notification. It says Reconnect Your Drive. How can I resolve the issue?...
  7. Why do I keep getting a Reconnect Your Drive alert?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. how do reconnect drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do reconnect drive: How do reconnect my drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-reconnect-drive/b9ad95f1-c4df-424d-ab0c-e498fb13f4dc
  9. How do I stop Windows 10 from constantly asking me to reconnect my drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop Windows 10 from constantly asking me to reconnect my drive?: It first started when I renamed my computer and now many times a day it comes up with a notification for me to reconnect my drive (which is an SSD so it's constantly connected). I am sick and tired of having to "x" out this warning is there anything I can do?...
  10. How do I reconnect my e-drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reconnect my e-drive?: Error message is: An error occurred while reconnectin E to \\BA-238D1b\Games Microsoft Windows Network is no longer available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-reconnect-my-e-drive/eee91354-9957-49b4-b4ef-36d43d2edf6d