Windows 10: Windows keeps disconnecting from wifi

Discus and support Windows keeps disconnecting from wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. Installed about two weeks ago. For the last two days, Windows disconnects me from wifi and often won't reconnect without reboots of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelW, Aug 12, 2015.

1. MichaelW Win User

Windows keeps disconnecting from wifi

I have Windows 10. Installed about two weeks ago. For the last two days, Windows disconnects me from wifi and often won't reconnect without reboots of router and laptop. I know the wifi is working fine because I get wifi easily and maintain wifi on iPad and smartphone. Is this a new Windows 10 problem? Solution ideas welcome.

:)

MichaelW, Aug 12, 2015

2. Laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

Hi Georgiana NicoletaZavoi,

go to Device management> network adapters, select your wi-fi adapter> Properties> Power management. Disable the power saving option.

But can you connect to all those detectable wi-fi networks?
    Are these networks free or protected?
    And if they are protected networks, do you know the passwords?

franco d'esaro, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

The laptop keeps disconnecting from the network I am using. I noticed that the other networks are ticked to be conntected to automatically, and I believe that when the laptop detects a stronger signal it stops the current connection in an attempt to connect
    to the new one. Everytime I untick them, they tick themselves back automatically and also I cannot delete them from the list as they are detected again all the time.

Georgiana NicoletaZavoi, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Try going to the laptop mfg's website and downloading the wifi driver for Windows 7 or 8 (or Windows 10 if available ) for your laptop model and load that. On one of my systems, the generic Windows 10 wifi driver was intermittent, cutting out at random times, but loading the Windows 7 wifi driver specific to my pc fixed the problem.

Antilope, Aug 13, 2015
  5. kenane Win User
    After you have update to Windows 10 and done all the update on the windows.

you can get the problem whit wifi disconnecting. go in to the wifi driver and press roll back driver to the older version of the wifi work whit my intel Wireless-N 2230. the problem for me come after i try to update to the new driver from intel.

kenane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows keeps disconnecting from wifi - Similar Threads - keeps disconnecting wifi

2. Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi: I have a new Laptop that have Wifi 6 adapter and disconnects from the wifi every 5-10 mins. Any resolutions ypu can provide? I already updated the wifi driver, uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, Done Network reset, reboot and reset the router....
  3. Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi: I have a new Laptop that have Wifi 6 adapter and disconnects from the wifi every 5-10 mins. Any resolutions ypu can provide? I already updated the wifi driver, uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, Done Network reset, reboot and reset the router....
  4. PC Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi: I have a Lenovo laptop I got for Christmas 2020. For the first few months of owning it, it worked just fine. Until one day, just like my first laptop, it repeatedly started to disconnect and sometimes rarely reconnect to wifi. As mentioned, I have had this issue in the past....
  5. PC Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi: I have a Lenovo laptop I got for Christmas 2020. For the first few months of owning it, it worked just fine. Until one day, just like my first laptop, it repeatedly started to disconnect and sometimes rarely reconnect to wifi. As mentioned, I have had this issue in the past....
  6. PC Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

Laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: Yeah, self explanatory issue.My laptop will randomly disconnect from the Internet and remain disconnected for a few minutes at a time before reconnecting. During this time I can't manually reconnect it just tells me "Unable to connect", and sometimes my network list even...
  8. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi: My computer keeps disconnecting from wifi, the only solution to fix it is to restart it and then after 5 minutes it disconnects and then I have to restart it again. I found a temporary solution, which is using a network adapter but it also keeps disconnecting so I unplug the...
  9. wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently. I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is always connected on the same Wifi network. [img] [img] [img] Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity...
  10. wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently. I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is always connected on the same Wifi network. [img] [img] [img] Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity...