Windows 10: Windows keeps installing "Windows 10 Update Assistant" every day

Discus and support Windows keeps installing "Windows 10 Update Assistant" every day in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I turn on my computer windows automatically installs "Windows 10 Update Assistant". It places an icon on my desktop. Not only do I not want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by notsure, Feb 18, 2018.

1. notsure Win User

Windows keeps installing "Windows 10 Update Assistant" every day

Every time I turn on my computer windows automatically installs "Windows 10 Update Assistant". It places an icon on my desktop. Not only do I not want the update, but there is not enough room on my computer to install it. The update it keeps trying to push is very large, 8 GB. I just don't have room for that on my hard drive. When my computer turns on after it installs the update assistant it automatically runs it and tries to install the update. it then returns a message that there is not enough disk space. I go to the control panel and uninstall "Windows 10 Update Assistant". It goes away, but comes back without fail and happens all over again every time I boot up the computer. I'm using a Lenovo laptop. Any help is much appreciated. I'm ready to throw the computer against the wall

:)

notsure, Feb 18, 2018

2. Stop Windows 10 Update Assistant from running

I've now done this again.

Pernicious update! Maybe it'll just keep coming back every few days.

JenniferPolk, Feb 18, 2018
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Feb 18, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @notsure

The update assistant was installed and is regularly triggered by two updates, KB4023814 and KB4023057.

This post details a workaround to remove the update assistant and stop it being reinstalled.
    Block Windows 10 update assistant/all updates

You may also need to hide KB4023814 and KB4023057 to stop it coming back. You can also hide the 'Update to windows 10, version 1709' which would also try to upgrade you. See this tutorial...

*Arrow Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

Having said that, you should really try to get the update to the current version of Windows if you want to have the latest security fixes. 8GB free is too small for comfort, you should try to free up some space, if only to keep windows running smoothly. See this tutorial...

*Arrow Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10

5. notsure Win User
    Thank you so much Bree! Problem solved. The workaround seems to be working perfectly. Thanks for making my night!

notsure, Feb 18, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    You're welcome @notsure,
    but, as I said, you should really try to get the update. The update assistant is only installed by KB4023814 on versions of Windows that are near of have passed end of support, meaning you will no longer get any security updates. 1607 will reach end of life on April 10, 2018, earlier versions (1511, 1507) are already out of support.

7. pbcopter Win User
    After reading this post, I just have one comment. I have never seen any update in all of Windows that is 8GB. Are you sure about the size?

pbcopter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows keeps installing "Windows 10 Update Assistant" every day - Similar Threads - keeps installing Update

2. KB5007651 installs every day through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5007651 installs every day through Windows Update: Windows Update successfully installed KB5007651 on 3/15/2023. On 3/16/2023 it installed it again and has continued to keep installing it everyday through today 3/20/2023. In update history it only appears once, but the date it was successfully installed keeps changing. I have...
  3. KB5007651 installs every day through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5007651 installs every day through Windows Update: Windows Update successfully installed KB5007651 on 3/15/2023. On 3/16/2023 it installed it again and has continued to keep installing it everyday through today 3/20/2023. In update history it only appears once, but the date it was successfully installed keeps changing. I have...
  4. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update fails every day.: Windows 10 Home edition . Have not been able to update Windows for months. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2. Error code 0x800700c1. What action do I need to take?...
  5. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update fails every day.: Windows 10 Home edition . Have not been able to update Windows for months. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2. Error code 0x800700c1. What action do I need to take?...
  6. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Updating Every Day

Windows 10 Updating Every Day: It has been a week now, and My Windows 10 is installing updates every single day. It keeps telling me to allow restarting the PC to install the update. But I keep telling it to restart one hour later. It is too disturbing. Please help me!...
  8. Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  9. windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  10. Windows 10 keeps installing same update (KB2850064) every day

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps installing same update (KB2850064) every day: Hi, As per title, Windows keeps "successfully" installing the same Office 2013 update every day. [img] Nowadays I use Office 365 and have no Office 2013 applications installed. Earlier I had university supplied Visio 2013 installed, but I removed it, ran MS office removal...