Windows 10: Windows keeps on rebooting randomly (DCOM error)

Discus and support Windows keeps on rebooting randomly (DCOM error) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You're welcome. It's my pleasure to help out where and when I can. Best of luck in getting over this particular hump. --Ed-- Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Windows keeps on rebooting randomly (DCOM error)

You're welcome. It's my pleasure to help out where and when I can.
    Best of luck in getting over this particular hump.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Others Win User

Hello,

I have had my laptop (make, model and specs in my system details) for about 3 months. Every so often it reboots itself without properly shutting down first.

I had a look in Event Viewer, and I keep seeing the error: Distributed COM, with an ID: 10016
    In the General details it says:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I also got this one:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} and APPID {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Anyone able to give any ideas what's wrong and what I should do?
    Thanks

:)

Others, Apr 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10: DCOM 10010 error message. Not able to use Start Menu and Cortana.

Reboot makes no difference. Any other suggestions as to what might be causing all the DCOM errors? Permissions?

winuser2893, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Windows keeps on rebooting randomly (DCOM error)

Windows 10 store/xbox app won't open

It is most likely a DCOM issue. Near the start menu type "Dcomcnfg". . Expand "Computers" , Expand "My Computer" , Expand "DCOM Config". It will probably give you an error and hit "YES" to re-connect. Reboot your computer and try the XBOX app again.

Make sure you are in Anniversary Update 1607 of Windows 10.

TimUzzanti1, Apr 9, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    The DCOM errors (those that produce ID 10116) are well-known and benign. You can fix that error with some inventive registry hacking but it's not really a problem and it comes back with each new feature upgrade. Read more about it here: Event 10016 - DistributedCOM event resloution. Help? Solved - Windows 10 Forums.
    This 10016 error is most likely completely unrelated to your occasional spontaneous reboots. Those are most likely caused by the Spectre/Meltdown updates from Microsoft, some of which were released in early January (KB3056892), others later on. See this MS support note for more information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ectre-meltdown.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 9, 2018
  6. Others Win User
    Thanks Ed Tittel,

I also noticed an error WHEA-Logger with ID 20, and details:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.Component: AMD NorthbridgeError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: 11Processor APIC ID: 0

Does this have anything to do with it?

Awaiting your kind reply.

Others, Apr 9, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Yes, that sounds much more likely to cause a crash. According to this thread at answers.MS.com (link) it's most likely to come from a bad or corrupt graphics driver and not (even though the error message says so) from the Northbridge chipset on your motherboard. The first thing to try is a new graphics driver, right after you use the DDU (Display driver uninstaller) to get rid of ALL TRACES of the old/previous one. But before you do anything, please confirm that the HP-15-BW039NA is the system in trouble here. If that's so, you may be able to visit the support page for that laptop on the HP site and get just what you need.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
  8. Others Win User

Thanks for your reply,

Yesterday before I left, I checked my AMD settings and noticed that the driver needed updating.
    I used Download Drivers to get an automatic downloader since it wouldn't do it without that.

What is interesting though, is that the error WHEA-Logger only occurred after the reboot.

I'll see what happens if the updating has solved it or not.

Here is a snapshot of the error:

Windows keeps on rebooting randomly (DCOM error) [​IMG]

It is the HP-15-BW039NA that I'm using.
    The graphics driver is also an AMD.

Many thanks

Others, Apr 10, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    If memory serves, others have reported this (see this TenForums Search). Other than replacing the graphics driver, I don't see other known, good, working solutions. So all I can say is: good luck! HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
  10. Others Win User
    Ok thanks.
    I'll see how it goes with the recent update.
    Thanks for all your kind help!

Others, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows keeps on rebooting randomly (DCOM error) - Similar Threads - keeps rebooting randomly

2. DCOM Error 1084 PC Shutting Down Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM Error 1084 PC Shutting Down Randomly: Hello, I upgraded my CPU from AMD Ryzen 3600X to 5600G with no dedicated GPU. I flashed my MBO Asrock Taichi X470 with the newest BIOS flash on Asrock's website with the code 4.70 before the CPU switch. And now my PC is shutting down every time I get into Windows. I performed...
  3. DCOM Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    DCOM Error: My system crashes whenever i open a particular game and if i look in event viewer!! i get error like The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and...
  4. DCOM error

in Windows 10 Customization
    DCOM error: I have an app from Canon which transfers images from my camera to the la[ptop. This has worked seamlessly for a couple of years. All of a sudden after a windows update? it won't run. from my own local administrator account. It will run from other accounts on the laptop. Canon...
  5. DCOM ERROR

DCOM ERROR: My laptop keeps crashing and the only thing i saw in my event viewer is DCOM error 10016 Error 1: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager and...
  6. Windows randomly crashes and keeps rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows randomly crashes and keeps rebooting: Yesterday I was playing a game, which suddenly crashed. After restarting the request, it crashed again. At first I thought it was the game itself having bugs, but when I was using my webbrowser, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard barely repsonded. That's the point I...
  7. Windows keeps crashing and rebooting randomly

Windows keeps crashing and rebooting randomly: My computer has been restarting randomly. Not sure if its my PSU or GPU failing and I dont really know how to read the event logs in depth. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AizfND8h1Mggk346qZFlR1oUAKH_?e=hC8U3K...
  8. Dcom error

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcom error: Over several generations of Windows 10 (now 2004) the Pro 64-bit version throws a DCom error that the Home version (shown on top) does not, when clicking on "Com+ Applications. And the "running processes" entry is missing in the Pro version. This doesn't appear to be causing...
  9. DCOM Error

DCOM Error: Hi i have been having an issue with the following error: My surface pro displays a bluescreen a quick error message the pc has experienced an error. Boots to UEFI and I have to manually restart. I have done all my updates and I even went back to factory default and the issue...
  10. Laptop keeps randomly rebooting - Windows Debugger

Laptop keeps randomly rebooting - Windows Debugger: Hello, My laptop randomly reboots. I've run a windows debugger and below is what it spits out. Can someone tell me specifically what is wrong with my laptop? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070418-43 Mini Kernel Dump...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 error id 10016 make pc rebooted

2. dcom restarting pc

3. windows distributed com error 10016 laptop reboots unexpectedly