Windows 10: Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly

Discus and support Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This problem exists for about 2 months, windows update keeps download and install the same thing again and again. I tried to use Wureset Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaiSo1, Jul 10, 2018.

1. KaiSo1 Win User

Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly

This problem exists for about 2 months, windows update keeps download and install the same thing again and again.

I tried to use Wureset Windows 10 (WuReset.bat), but it still happens after successfully applied the bat.

The following are the information about my windows (after applied Wureset 2 days ago)
    winver:

1803 (17134.137)
    get-hotfix:
    Source Description HotFixID InstalledBy InstalledOn

------ ----------- -------- ----------- -----------
    XXX Security Update KB4103729 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 17/5/2018 0:00:00
    XXX Security Update KB4287903 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 8/6/2018 0:00:00
    XXX Update KB4338853 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 4/7/2018 0:00:00
    XXX Update KB4284848 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 4/7/2018 0:00:00

Windows Update history:

2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4284848)

Successfully installed in 10/7/2018

2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4284848)

Successfully installed in 9/7/2018

(And there are some Windows Defender definition updates, which are not duplicated)

Now there are just 2 of them because I used Wureset recently and the history is deleted. Before it is full of the same KBxxxxxx, and about 1-2 days between each duplicated updates.

Please help me with this annoying problem, I can provide any other information if anyone of you is needed, thanks.

:)

KaiSo1, Jul 10, 2018
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Jul 10, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Robert11 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly - Similar Threads - keeps update same

2. Windows update repeats same update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update repeats same update.: When I check windows for updates, it shows me the same update everyday over and over again, but it never updates it. But then it just goes away for a while and says I'm all up to date, but then it comes again after a while but never updates it....
  3. Windows update repeats same update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update repeats same update.: When I check windows for updates, it shows me the same update everyday over and over again, but it never updates it. But then it just goes away for a while and says I'm all up to date, but then it comes again after a while but never updates it....
  4. My headphones keep repeating the same thing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphones keep repeating the same thing.: My headphones keep repeating the same noise over and over again it is also the same noise as my monitor turning on and off and even after restarting my computer the noise will still play any idea on how to stop it?...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Update Keeps Repeating for The Same Version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Bar Update Keeps Repeating for The Same Version: Hi! I have a problem with the new update of Xbox Game bar. Since the app first updated to the last version, it keeps auto-updating repeatedly to the same version, the most annoying part being that after each update the overlay gets launched and my activity gets disturbed...
  6. Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update: Why does Windows 10 run the same update more than once when it succeeded the first time? I've seen this happen on two different computers with update "2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1903 for x64-based Systems {KB4524570)". Original Title : Windows Update repeat...
  7. Freecell Random Deck keeps repeating same deal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freecell Random Deck keeps repeating same deal: I keep getting the same card layout, even after I've won the game. I'm playing Freecell with a random deck on Windows 10 Pro. I think the game number changes, but I'm not certain of that....
  8. Windows 10 Update for Office 2013 Keeps Installing Same Patches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update for Office 2013 Keeps Installing Same Patches: Hello: I had an issue with installing Office 2013 (on a CD, not Office 365) on my Windows 10 platform, and the Microsoft Office support center had to assist by logging into my system. The confusion started when it wouldn't let me install Office 2013 from a CD. It always...
  9. None of my games save information and keep repeating updates/patches.

in Windows 10 Support
    None of my games save information and keep repeating updates/patches.: So for the last week and a half every time I go to play this game Dead by Daylight (Steam game), i keep getting the same patch notes pop up as if it just updated. Same thing is happening with my Blizzard client, whenever i run it, it keeps doing the same update and patch. I...
  10. Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home edtion on my computer. Every day ( or every other day ) I keep getting the following messages (in RED color) during the Windows update process. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...