Windows 10: Windows kernel BSOD (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Discus and support Windows kernel BSOD (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [img] Diagnostic Test [img] RAM TEST [img] Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums [img] Note [img] MemTest86+ needs to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BCI1999, Apr 5, 2018.

1. BCI1999 Win User

Windows kernel BSOD (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Windows kernel BSOD (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test. Thanks for the replies,
    @kingtez1984 Just updated my graphics drivers, there was an update ready but I didn't take the time to install it.
    @axe0I'm going to do this right now, I'll let you know how it went tomorrow.

BCI1999, Apr 5, 2018
  2. BCI1999 Win User

Hi,
    about half an hour ago I got a BSOD out of nowhere, the only thing I could find using BlueScreenView was that "ntoskrnl.exe" was the cause of the crash wich is (if I'm correct) part of the Windows kernel. Here's a screenshot of BlueScreenView https://i.imgur.com/jptfHWs.png.
    The crash happend when GTA5 was starting, and in the background I was downloading a game in steam (limited to 2MB/s). Also worth mentioning is that I updated my bios to "6001" (beta).
    Hopefully this is enough information.

:)

BCI1999, Apr 11, 2018
  3. Влад

BSoD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with 0934578drv.sys

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

ВладиславФилимонов, Apr 11, 2018
  4. sheikn Win User

BSOD - Windows 10 Multiple Occurrences - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I'm having the exact same issue running Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 12.1.6 (MP5). Keep getting BSODs on Windows 10 64bit with message SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (bcmwl63a.sys).

sheikn, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Update your graphics driver and windows and test after pal. Most service exceptions ive seen normally point to third party software.

For example, i got this a few years ago when opening certain file types and found my anti virus program was scanning the file tripping the machine out lol

kingtez1984, Apr 12, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Thema:

1. Windows kernel BSOD (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) - Similar Threads - kernel BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

2. BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: After a fresh install of Windows 1-2 weeks ago i started getting the BSOD mentioned above usually every other day, i seem to be running programs when it happens but that may be just a coincidence. My specs are: OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X GPU: AMD...
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Hello, I've been having some difficulty with the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD for two days now. I've ran chkdsk, sfc scannow, and a memory diagnotic to determine my problems which all came back inconclusive. I've reinstalled my NVIDIA Geforce 660 GPU and my WD SSD...
  4. BSOD: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

BSOD: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: Hey. Right, so I finally have had enough of these BSOD's that I've been getting and since anything I've tried to do hasn't helped keeping drivers up-to-date, changing RAM, changing CPU, changing GPU, any dust from inside the computer cleaned, ran Memory Diagnostics although...
  5. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: I've been encountering BSOD of this type and various others also seen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in the past every once in a while, up to several times a day. I've recently gotten a new MOBO and RAM, so I don't think these are the issues, but am...
  6. Bsod system_thread_exception_not_handled

Bsod system_thread_exception_not_handled: I am on Windows 10 pro version 1803. The first time I noticed the system_thread_exception_not_handled BSOD was when I tried to update to the 1909 version when the system does its initial reboot. After that, the update is reverted. However, I have my computer running 24/7...
  7. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Over the last month or so, I have been getting bluescreens or straight up crashes when I turn on my PC/Wake it from hibernate, its honestly getting really annoying to deal with now and I would like to know what is the actual problem with my PC as the BSOD error messages never...
  8. BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled): I had gone out of station for a couple weeks and when I returned, my desktop refused to boot instead giving a BSOD. I analysed the generated dump file and it states that winquic.sys is responsible for the BSOD. I am able to boot fine in safe mode. Please help me to restore it...
  9. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Windows 10 BSOD

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Windows 10 BSOD: Hi, I have had a couple of BSODs and the latest one is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with ntoskrnl.exe and Wdf01000.sys being the problem. Previous BSODs have been also caused by ntoskrnl.exe. MY computer is self built and its running windows 10 64bit. Attachment...
  10. BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled

BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled: Hello there!! did you find any solution?? I have EXACTLY the same problem, I got that BSOD since 3 days already, happening at random times and "Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+c8a88, EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!!)" . but, I have an Asus K53SV with Intel HD3000...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 2016 brink kernel

2. windows 10 kernel bsod 2018 system thread exception not handled