Windows 10: Windows Key acting like a universal Help

Discus and support Windows Key acting like a universal Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Until today, when I pressed the Windows key and number (e.g Win+3) it opens the nth item in the task bar. I've used that feature of Windows since 2009,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjd, Nov 6, 2015.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

Windows Key acting like a universal Help

Until today, when I pressed the Windows key and number (e.g Win+3) it opens the nth item in the task bar. I've used that feature of Windows since 2009, when I switched to Windows 7, I don't think it was in XP.

Now it always opens this page in Firefox ==>> get help in windows 10 - Bing

I have a disability I don't want to use the damn mouse - yes I have rebooted. I'm sure it was working 'properly earlier today (it's 8pm here).

I can't think of anything I might have done to cause this sudden abrupt change of behavior. Its not just the web page noted above. The 3rd item on my Taskbar is Notepad++, if its running and a press Win+3 it gets into a strange "help(less)" state and I have to kill it, same with Word which the fifth item, if its running and and I press Win+5 it leaps into its help subsystem.

I'll try a system restore back to yesterday

:)

2. LloydF96 Win User

key 'A' acting as pgdn key, HELP!

well i can type properly with the usb keyboard but my laptop is getting worse by the minute. now the screen moves down even if i type any letter from the asdf row (the middle row) from the laptop keyboard and i cant control the screen with my touchpad
    or the usb mouse properly even when i disable the touchpad.

LloydF96, Nov 6, 2015
  3. key 'A' acting as pgdn key, HELP!

Does the problem persist when using a borrowed USB keyboard?

Frederik Long, Nov 6, 2015
  4. PJD
    pjd Win User

5. PJD
    pjd Win User
    *Redface*Redface*Redface*Redface - the F1 key was stuck i.e. it was always pressed *Redface*Redface*Redface*Redface

Fixed by removing the F1 keycap*Cool

I never use F1, except when I miss F2 - bloody IBM and SAA-CUA standards *Wink

Thema:

1. Windows Key acting like a universal Help - Similar Threads - Key acting universal

2. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  3. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  4. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. w key acting like windows key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    w key acting like windows key: I have a Laptop Keyboard and now whenever i press the w key it brings up the windows start menu when i use the on screen keyboard and when i hit "w" it shows me that im pressing the windows key how can i fix this? please reach out, i need to fix this by tonight submitted by...
  6. w key acting like windows key

w key acting like windows key: I have a Laptop Keyboard and now whenever i press the w key it brings up the windows start menu when i use the on screen keyboard and when i hit "w" it shows me that im pressing the windows key how can i fix this? please reach out, i need to fix this by tonight...
  7. wINDOwS IS aCTInG LIKE THE SHIFt KEy IS StUCK But ITs NOt

wINDOwS IS aCTInG LIKE THE SHIFt KEy IS StUCK But ITs NOt: I DOnT HAVe REdDiT ON mY PHONE BUT IM noT SURe HOW TO FiX THIS AT All ALL ACCESSIBILitY SeTTINGS ARE OFF AND tHE ONLY wAY ThiS PROBLEM GeTS fIxEd iS IF I ShUt DoWN My COMPUTeR AND START It BACK UP bUT SOMeHOw IT aLWAyS COMES BACk PLEASE HeLP submitted by /u/braysu...
  8. My right arrow key is acting like the Windows key...HELP?

My right arrow key is acting like the Windows key...HELP?: I've tried to google a solution to this, and I can't find anything. I'm using a Razer Cynosa Chroma and about 2 weeks ago, out of the blue, the right arrow key started acting like the windows key. I've looked everywhere I can think of, so now I am coming here hoping someone...
  9. Windows acting like I’m holding keys.

Windows acting like I’m holding keys.: First, when I’m trying to login, I will type my password and about every three keys my pc acts like I’m holding that key down, even though I’m not and I cannot get into my pc. It also just doesn’t recognize some keys. When I’m in my pc, yesterday when I was able to access it,...
  10. Windows acts like Windows Key is held down

Windows acts like Windows Key is held down: As the topic says. My Win 10 sometimes thinks that the Windows Key is pressed permanently and starts to open APPS and Functions when i press the key that is bound to it, like s for search function. Tried many things in the last couple of days. Disconnecting and then...