Windows 10: Windows Key + Ctrl + Number shortcut no longer works after update 1-2 months ago

Discus and support Windows Key + Ctrl + Number shortcut no longer works after update 1-2 months ago in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My issue seems to be very similar to the following question :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatthewHermann, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Windows Key + Ctrl + Number shortcut no longer works after update 1-2 months ago

My issue seems to be very similar to the following question :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-ctrl-number-no-longer-works-after-latest/0e744a7b-6d08-480c-9f7c-ab9f07f43f28

I first noticed my issue around 1-2 months ago after a Windows update. I'm pretty sure that the fix in the link above would work for me ("Downgrading seems to have resolved this issue. This is probably a bug with the update. "), but I think it's been too long as I can't find an option to uninstall the April Version 1803 update anymore. Is there any other way I can uninstall the update?

I've tried most of the things in the link above and none of them worked.

"This could have been caused by Windows Update. See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem began: http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/how-t..."

I don't think System Restore was turned on at the time, so I don't have a restore point I can go back to.

"Check which Updates were installed at Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Installed Update History and try uninstalling any from around the time this started. If they return and cause the same problem then hide them with the Hide Updates tool: https://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent...

If this was caused by April Version 1803 update can roll back Version 1803 in Settings>Update & Security>Recovery and then hide it until it matures using the Hide Updates Tool downloaded from here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2... "

I think it's been too long as I don't seem to be able to uninstall any updates from around that time anymore.

"What also might work is to go into Device Manager, reached by right clicking the Start button, choose the Keyboard device, on Driver tab try Updating the driver automatically.

If this fails from the same location try rolling back or Uninstalling the Keyboard driver, which works in a surprising number of cases where keyboard is messed up by Updates. Restart PC to reinstall driver. "

Reinstalling drivers in device manager didn't help.

"See if the keyboard will work in Safe Mode with Networking, or Safe Mode: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-saf... "

The keyboard doesn't work in safe mode.

"If not see if the On-screen Keyboard works at Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard > Turn On the On Screen Keyboard. "

The on-screen keyboard didn't work - neither did a different physical keyboard.

"Try resetting the keyboard: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-keyboard-se... "

This didn't help.

:)

MatthewHermann, Jul 20, 2018
  2. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Jul 20, 2018
  3. windows + ctrl + number no longer works after latest update.

The windows + ctrl + number shortcut for opening the latest used instance of an application no longer works after the latest update. I am not sure if this is related to my issue, but when I use windows + number, it works and shows me a white box around the
    thumbnails of applications at the task bar.

I have tried a restart and check for driver updates.

Neville Nazerane, Jul 20, 2018
  4. MJL313 Win User

Windows Key + Ctrl + Number shortcut no longer works after update 1-2 months ago

Ctrl keys not working- odd issue

Hi!

The shortcuts using ctrl work if i have the tabs that show them listed (like the "file" tab on word) on all other programs. They do not work when the tabs are closed.

it stopped working about 3 months ago

There was no specific change that i can remember the keys just stopped one day.

MJL313, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows Key + Ctrl + Number shortcut no longer works after update 1-2 months ago

1. Windows Key + Ctrl + Number shortcut no longer works after update 1-2 months ago - Similar Threads - Key Ctrl Number

2. How to disable Ctrl+2 shortcut key on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Ctrl+2 shortcut key on Windows 11 ?: Hi,I am trying to use a shortcut Ctrl+2, L on Eclipse IDE. However, since the command Ctrl+1,2,3... are there in Windows for changing tabs, the shortcut in Eclipse is not working because of duplicacy. Please help me to disable this particular shortcut in...
  3. How to disable Ctrl+2 shortcut key on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Ctrl+2 shortcut key on Windows 11 ?: Hi,I am trying to use a shortcut Ctrl+2, L on Eclipse IDE. However, since the command Ctrl+1,2,3... are there in Windows for changing tabs, the shortcut in Eclipse is not working because of duplicacy. Please help me to disable this particular shortcut in...
  4. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update: Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and...
  5. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update: Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and...
  6. working of ctrl shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    working of ctrl shortcut key: I am a coder, I need to change same word at different places at a time until recently I used to select that words using mouse and ctrl key and change it simultaneously but my ctrl key stopped responding to that shortcut but it is working for other shortcuts what should I do?...
  7. A Number of Shortcuts No longer Work Properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Number of Shortcuts No longer Work Properly: My first problem is that Google Chrome on my Start Menu in Windows failed to show the icon. So I downloaded the file "clear_line_tile:" which solved that problem. However now a large number of shortcuts to apps when clicked on give me the following window- The item...
  8. Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut

Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut: Hello everyone! I have a simple question. Whenever I press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1, it zooms the screen in onto the mouse, and if I press it again it zooms back out. How do I disable this? I need to use the shortcut for a different purpose on a program, but I cant if...
  9. CTRL+1 key does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL+1 key does not work: My CTRL+1 combination is not working but all other combinations with control work. I checked if my keys were not functional on a keyscan and they do indeed work but for some reason it is not doing anything, for example if I wanted to press CTRL+1 in google to go to the first...
  10. Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.

Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.: FOR KADOHORN: Your thread of the same name was locked, but I may have the answer: In Excel on Windows 10, I also was frustrated that Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End no longer go to the very start and very end of the document. This was easily fixed - I had TRANSITION NAVIGATION...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS ctrl number

2. ctrl c shortcut no longer works