Windows 10: Windows key deactivated, after new mobo and cpu.

Discus and support Windows key deactivated, after new mobo and cpu. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I get this message to activate windows but when I do it says that I "don't have a valid digital license or product key" error code 0x803f7001 70209 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Siraximus, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Siraximus Win User

Windows key deactivated, after new mobo and cpu.

I get this message to activate windows but when I do it says that I "don't have a valid digital license or product key" error code 0x803f7001

:)

Siraximus, Nov 18, 2016

2. First time computer Build gone bad. Now windows will not activate.

Hello all,

I recently built my first computer with out a lot of research. Come to find out that my CPU and Memory did not jive with my mother board. Short story, my computer would crash after 15 - 20 minutes. So I found a MOBO that matched my CPU and Memory, I installed
    it and now windows shows not activated and says product key being used on another pc. I bought the full retail version on windows 7 Professional and used the free upgrade to 10. ne last thought/ question. Can I put the original MOBO back in, deactivate windows
    10, then switch the MOBO back to the new one and activate?

Thank you in advance,

Ed

EdwardLouria, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Acid23 Win User
    Upgrading my PC cpu

So I'm upgrading my computer new mobo and cpu (amd to Intel) however what's bothering me is because I qualified for the free windows 10 update will I be able to keep windows 10 or have to buy it again? Is there a way for my key for windows 10 to be deactivated
    so I can use it again when I upgrade. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Acid23, Nov 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 18, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Windows 10 will deactivate itself because you changed the motherboard. Since you changed the motherboard, it is now on a new computer.

Look at the last option here for "You recently made a significant hardware change":
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows key deactivated, after new mobo and cpu. - Similar Threads - key deactivated mobo

2. Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade: Hello all.I'm aware that you can use the MCT to install windows on a new drive under an existing license. I have a small twist on that scenario, and wanted to see if there was a way to utilize my existing license, or if I would need to purchase a new one.I have a desktop...
  3. Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade: Hello all.I'm aware that you can use the MCT to install windows on a new drive under an existing license. I have a small twist on that scenario, and wanted to see if there was a way to utilize my existing license, or if I would need to purchase a new one.I have a desktop...
  4. Windows 10 Constant BSODs after installing new MoBo and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Constant BSODs after installing new MoBo and CPU: I bought an ASUS Rog Strix X570-E gaming, and a Ryzen 9 5900x, after installing, every time I start the systemLike, If I reboot, I will not get a BSOD, but if I shut down the computer, and start it in the morning, I get it I will get a BSOD, the most constant one is error...
  5. Windows 10 Constant BSODs after installing new MoBo and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Constant BSODs after installing new MoBo and CPU: I bought an ASUS Rog Strix X570-E gaming, and a Ryzen 9 5900x, after installing, every time I start the systemLike, If I reboot, I will not get a BSOD, but if I shut down the computer, and start it in the morning, I get it I will get a BSOD, the most constant one is error...
  6. Windows 10 Constant BSODs after installing new MoBo and CPU

7. New CPU/ Mobo - Windows 10 Pro Key Not in Order History?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New CPU/ Mobo - Windows 10 Pro Key Not in Order History?: I purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store, but the key is nowhere to be found in my account's order history. Searching "All Available" for the timeframe filter only shows purchases from earlier this year, yet I've actively used this Microsoft account for over seven...
  8. New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting

New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting: So after getting all set up i reinstalled windows and completely formatted my HDD, got to desktop and updated my drivers and installed nvidia experience so i restarted my pc for good measure but once i restart my pc doesnt seem to be booting from my HDD. Ive tried changing...
  9. "Windows is not activated" After installing new CPU/Mobo

"Windows is not activated" After installing new CPU/Mobo: I upgrade my computer's CPU & Mobo from the AMD FX series, to the AMD Ryzen series. Prior to this, I did the typical back up of files and what not; because, I knew that I would obviously have to re-install windows. I created a windows boot disk to a USB stick, so now I'm...
  10. Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.: Hi I have a problem. I upgraded my Windows 8.1 (key from Dreamspark) to Windows 10 in april. After RTM release, everything was OK, but I replaced my old motherboard (because it was just cheap shit and it just broke) to Sabretooth 990FX 2.0. My Windows is now deactivated. I...