Windows 10: Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..

Discus and support Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help.. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello my windows key got disabled when I turned my pc on a message popped up saying: "system has disabled the windows key" I tried to do this method;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CYAN1DE, Feb 15, 2017.

1. CYAN1DE Win User

Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..

Hello my windows key got disabled when I turned my pc on a message popped up saying: "system has disabled the windows key" I tried to do this method; [https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-windows-key], but the download doesn't work and there is no sancode map registry... If you could help me resolve this that'd be great.

Thanks

:)

CYAN1DE, Feb 15, 2017
  2. omikhan Win User

cannot turn firewall on in windows 10 technical preview 10565

i cannot disable and re-enable windows defender service options are greyed out

omikhan, Feb 15, 2017
  3. I added Windows 10 now I can't access Wi-Fi any suggestions?

Try right-clicking Start button. Choose Network Connections. Look for your wireless adapter in the window that opens. Right-click on it to disable and then re-enable it. See if that helps.

I have a 2007 laptop that I have to do this on after most power-ups. If you have a function key combo to disable and re-enable the wireless, that might be even easier (if this works, but it happens again).

Don Cuthbert, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..

CYAN1DE,

Welcome to TenForums!

Some keyboards have a key that you press to toggle the Windows key on and off, particularly in a gaming PC.

Is that the case?

cottonball, Feb 15, 2017
  5. CYAN1DE Win User
    there is a toggle for the t-pad that uses the fn key, out of curiosity I used the fn key with windows key and while holding the fn key the windows button works! which is good enough! thanks for the input! I never would have figured that out otherwise. Still weird I can't get it back to stock I have no Idea what I did to make it this way.

CYAN1DE, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Have you tried using Fn + F6 to turn the Windows key on or off?

cottonball, Feb 15, 2017
  7. CYAN1DE Win User
    That's it!! fn+F6 does it!

Thanks a whole bunch!

CYAN1DE, Feb 15, 2017
  8. Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..

CYAN1DE,

Glad it worked.

Thanks for the rep!! *Smile

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..

1. Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help.. - Similar Threads - key disabled system

2. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  3. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  4. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  5. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  6. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Disabled Cortana, now cannot re-enable her.

Disabled Cortana, now cannot re-enable her.: I disabled Cortana and Telemetry a couple weeks ago, but now I want to reverse my actions. Here's what I did initially: Code: In regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Search I created a new DWORD and named it AllowCortana, and...
  8. System Restore permanently disabled and cannot re-enabled

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore permanently disabled and cannot re-enabled: Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet. As you can see from the...
  9. System Restore disabled and cannot enable it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore disabled and cannot enable it: Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet. As you can see from the...
  10. re-enable windows key

in Windows 10 Support
    re-enable windows key: Hello, I could not find a solution for how re-enable the windows key on my keyboard. This is the second time it just stopped working. I cannot figure out how I did it before. 37764