Windows 10: Windows key error when trying to reinstall windows 10

Discus and support Windows key error when trying to reinstall windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I am currently running windows 10. I did an upgrade and clean install from windows 8.1. Now I want to reinstall windows 10, but when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by elad4697, Sep 12, 2015.

1. elad4697 Win User

Windows key error when trying to reinstall windows 10

Hi all,
    I am currently running windows 10.
    I did an upgrade and clean install from windows 8.1.

Now I want to reinstall windows 10, but when I'm entering the windows 10 or 8.1 key I receive an invalid key.

What can I do in order to get a valid windows key to work with the new windows 10 installation?

Thanks.

:)

elad4697, Sep 12, 2015
  2. DominicP Win User

Error when trying to reinstall Windows 10

When installing Windows versions from Vista onwards it is best to let the Windows installer create and format the partitions it needs.

If there is nothing on the disk you want or need to keep, delete all the partitions then tell the installer to install on the empty disk.

DominicP, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Error when trying to reinstall Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your response.

W are glad to know that you have resolved the issue, and we appreciate that you have shared the resolution with us. This will certainly help other users who are facing the same issue.

Do let us know if you require any other assistance with regards to Windows.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 12, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I'll assume that you are trying to do a clean instillation of Win10.. and if that's true you don't need to enter a key. In fact when you're prompted to enter one.. press skip.. it might be up to 3 times.

The key for Win10 is set up on your PC when you do the upgrade process and it's not necessary to enter it again.

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows key error when trying to reinstall windows 10 - Similar Threads - key error trying

2. Error code when trying to reinstall Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code when trying to reinstall Windows.: So this started when I tried to download Sea of Thieves from the Microsoft store. It wouldn't download, and gave me the error code 0x80073CF. So, of course, I googled it and followed many many many steps and methods on how to fix it, from running a bunch of commands to...
  3. Error code when trying to reinstall Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code when trying to reinstall Windows.: So this started when I tried to download Sea of Thieves from the Microsoft store. It wouldn't download, and gave me the error code 0x80073CF. So, of course, I googled it and followed many many many steps and methods on how to fix it, from running a bunch of commands to...
  4. Error code when trying to reinstall Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reinstall windows 10: I need help, desperately!! Someone brought me their Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15isk 80UD. Someone had attempted to erase and reinstall windows but they didn't do it right. Now the partitions are gone and when you try to to do a clean install it will not let you install saying that...
  6. Getting error when trying to reinstall Windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Getting error when trying to reinstall Windows store: I was trying to reinstall windows store but I am getting the following error.Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the...
  7. Getting error when trying to reinstall Windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error when trying to reinstall Windows store: I was trying to reinstall windows store but I am getting the following error.Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the...
  8. Getting error when trying to reinstall Windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Trying to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to reinstall windows 10: When I tried to reinstall windows 10 with media creation tool to resolve some issues it disabled the 2 of 3 options to chose after downloading windows.it goes something like this: ~~ Keep apps,files and reinstall windows ~~ ~~ Remove apps, keep all files and reinstall...
  10. Trying to reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 using the mounted ISO, and all is well until it just tells me there's an error and it failed because it couldn't apply the image. What happened during the reinstall process was that my PC restarted shortly after the updates, but instead of...