Windows 10: Windows Key on Keyboard Not Responsive

Discus and support Windows Key on Keyboard Not Responsive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows key on the keyboard is not working. I have run through the sfc scannow and the dism repairs and such and it claims everything is working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BaronGoh, Jan 16, 2016.

1. BaronGoh Win User

Windows Key on Keyboard Not Responsive

My Windows key on the keyboard is not working. I have run through the sfc scannow and the dism repairs and such and it claims everything is working. I did a clean reboot of Windows 10 (Education) and the problem still persists.

Looking at the keyboard driver (Thermal Challenger Gaming Prime), it doesn't seem to register that the left window's button works for anything at all. Attempting to press the button on the keyboard yields no response even if I attempt to bind that key to something else. I doubt it is hardware as using this keyboard on my laptop works perfectly fine. The laptop is running windows 8 however.
    When pressing on the windows button in the left corner of my screen, everything works fine. Left clicking pulls up everything normally and right clicking provides a list of options that seems to be standard for a functioning computer.

All the drivers are installed properly according to the Windows settings and looking at each of the drivers, they are all up to date according to their manufacturer. This is a custom computer that I recently built. It has no prior Operating systems or files and Windows 10 Education was installed on it through the Media Creation Tool on a bootable USB.

What should I do now?

:)

BaronGoh, Jan 16, 2016
  2. MarkW519 Win User

On screen keyboard not as responsive

I have the same problem, sometimes entire words are missed.

MarkW519, Jan 16, 2016
  3. On screen keyboard not as responsive

Hey I have a samsung focus and noticed that while im texting or just using the keyboard in general, it seems that the phone does not respond to some letters every now and then. its very random. I text pretty fast and noticed this problem while doing
    so, i also tried slowing down and watching as i press the letters and the issue still happens.

Im not sure if this is software related or if its an isloated problem, but i also tried resetting the selections in keyboard settings and still have the issue, also tried it in landscape and just for kicks tried it with the white background but cant seem
    to find out why it has the issue.

any ideas would be great! btw and its not just one specific letter either, it can be any letter.

Hologram86, Jan 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Though it seems unlikely, I would try a different keyboard.

Ztruker, Jan 19, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 19, 2016
  6. This is a function on the gaming keyboard that you are using. Pressing (Fn-Prtscr) will enable or disable Gaming Mode on that keyboard. Gaming mode simply disables the Windows key so its not accidentally pressed. Simply hit that combination of buttons and your Windows key will come back to life.

staticboy44, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Key on Keyboard Not Responsive - Similar Threads - Key Keyboard Responsive

2. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of some keys on the keyboard: Hello. I ran into a problem with the keyboard, I have a laptop, the ESC and 2 keys have a long response, only when they are pressed more than 40+ they are written / pressed BUT when I hold down space + 2 or shift + @ then as you can see everything works. What could be the...
  3. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow response of some keys on the keyboard: Hello. I ran into a problem with the keyboard, I have a laptop, the ESC and 2 keys have a long response, only when they are pressed more than 40+ they are written / pressed BUT when I hold down space + 2 or shift + @ then as you can see everything works. What could be the...
  4. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Some keys not responsive on laptop keyboard

Some keys not responsive on laptop keyboard: Only 4 keys are dead - escape, arrow up, and letters g and h right in the middle. I have to use a virtual on-screen keyboard to type them here. I read that installation of some software can mess up keyboard drivers. Well, I uninstalled all my recent apps and did...
  6. Keys not usually responsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys not usually responsive: This is starting to bug me out as its been going on since today. Currently my "W" Key is not very responsive and does its own thing as by sometimes it will work and other times will not respond, this is a big issue on gaming since the character stutters when moving forward...
  7. Delays on keyboard response

Delays on keyboard response: I'm using AMD8 with win 10 pro and the problem is that when I press a certain letter it will not continue to populate, meaning it will stop in a certain time and it does not continue even if I use the arrow key to go back to a certain word it stops which is unusual. I have...
  8. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  9. Keyboard late response

Keyboard late response: Dear Sir/ Madam, On my new computer, I am not sure why suddently after login has very slow keyboard response. It takes 3-4 seconds of holding the key down to get a response for delete button and repeat letter. The mouse works fine. The problem effects everything, atfter...
  10. keyboard response

keyboard response: My key board is very slow and inconsistent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-response/d08c7be1-1b39-4ff4-a0b4-7791d3e5e348