Windows 10: Windows key search never returns applications

Discus and support Windows key search never returns applications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I cannot figure this one out. In the past I have used the windows key and then would type the name of the application and it would find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by throb, May 15, 2015.

1. throb Win User

Windows key search never returns applications

Hey all,
    I cannot figure this one out.
    In the past I have used the windows key and then would type the name of the application and it would find it and I could run it that way.
    However, with Win10 that appears to have vanished. I only get options to search the web.
    Anyone have a solution for this?
    Thanks!
    Rob

:)

throb, May 15, 2015

2. Windows Update - searches but never returns

Welcome Lawrence.i would be very grateful to you if you mark thread as answered.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 15, 2015
  3. Windows Update - searches but never returns

Use the Following tutorial to Reset Windows updates completly and check if it helps:

Full Reset Windows updates

Sumit Dhiman2, May 15, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

In Win7 pressing the Windows key brought up the Start menu with its Search box, not present on Win10 Start menu. However, one can use the Windows key + the R key to bring up the Run box to type a name in, just checked it by typing in Firefox and it opened the browser just fine, maybe a tad slower than clicking the icon.

Berton, May 16, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    I can search and open apps with ,,,windows key + S

caperjack, May 16, 2015
  6. throb Win User
    Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. *Sad
    I know there are apps that are installed (even ones I installed in the last day) and they do not show up either with the windows key or the win+s combo.

Rob

throb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows key search never returns applications - Similar Threads - key search never

2. Windows Search not returning files

in Cortana
    Windows Search not returning files: This worked perfectly fine before when I was able to just type a file name such asautoclicker to get autoclicker.exe or to get song and get song.txt.But now, it does nothing.I have tried running the troubleshooter....
  3. Windows Search not returning files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not returning files: This worked perfectly fine before when I was able to just type a file name such asautoclicker to get autoclicker.exe or to get song and get song.txt.But now, it does nothing.I have tried running the troubleshooter....
  4. Windows Search not returning files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2021 Return windows key?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    2021 Return windows key?: I read that you can return your windows Key if you have not used it within a weeks window this was what I read from a comment on the website from 2018, I just purchased this thinking I had crashed my windows but in the end, when I plugged in the windows download key flash...
  6. never get return call

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    never get return call: i have been trying for 3 days to get win 10 finally installed, and need MSN support, but promised phone calls never arrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/never-get-return-call/ed2809fd-06be-4587-a679-61c9e0760926
  7. Why does "search for updates" never return?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...
  8. Why does "search for updates" never return?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...
  9. Windows Search returning no results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search returning no results: Windows Search returning no results on one of my external harddrives. I've trawled through pages of Google's advice and I have already: Tried indexing the HDD and rebuilding. Non-indexing and rebuilding. Indexing only specific folders on the HDD and rebuilding....
  10. Search applications when pressing Windows key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search applications when pressing Windows key?: In Windows 7/8/8.1 I would press the Start/Windows button and start typing the name of a program (ie: Firefox, Word, etc) and it would pop up, learn, and as I did the same thing in the future.....I would just press Windows key, type wor, and Word would pop up and I press...