Windows 10: Windows key / taskbar thumbnails etc. Issues

Discus and support Windows key / taskbar thumbnails etc. Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I've been struggling with these issues bout 20 days and this is whats going on. When I press the windows key on my keyboard (corsair k70... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gr33dy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Gr33dy Win User

Windows key / taskbar thumbnails etc. Issues

Hi I've been struggling with these issues bout 20 days and this is whats going on.

When I press the windows key on my keyboard (corsair k70 vengance rgb) nothing happens but I also notice that at the same time the thumbnails of the programs I have currently opened disappear quickly and by the time I can click them the program doesn't come up, also alt+tab isnt working either . I've done like 8 clean installations and nothing seems to improve, aditinally normal video files flickers when this comes, it tends to vanish and everything works normally till it happens again. Right now I don't have enything but drivers installed. I'm using: Intel i7 4790, 2 8gb Kingston hyperx fury, nvidia gtx970, segate n wdc hard drives, corsair k70 rgb vengance, corsair m65 rgb.

I've also tried installing the os in different HD but nothing, even went back to w7 and I get the exact same problem.

I'd be much appreciated if u need further info pls tell me.

edit: here is a quick video of the problem

[youtube]GnAui4gZi-w[/youtube]

:)

Gr33dy, Mar 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 Auto-hide Taskbar and Thumbnails NOT Disappearing

I see many posts, here and elsewhere, complaining that taskbar thumbnails are not visible, disappear too quickly, or how to disable the thumbnails altogether. My problem is on the other side of the fence: For some reason, my taskbar and thumbnails recently
    started staying visible, even when I am working on another task in another window.

For instance, suppose I am in a browser, and mouse to the bottom of the display, which causes the taskbar to appear. When I hover the mouse over the Outlook taskbar icon, the Outlook taskbar thumbnail appears. However, when I return to the browser window,
    and operate there, the taskbar and Outlook thumbnail remain visible.

Is there a setting somewhere that governs this behavior?

jenkins-ear, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Photo Previewing Issue

So I recently found an issue where Windows 10 finally recognised me as the built in administrator and refused to let me view things in Windows Edge or photos, etc. Today I managed to fix that by using one of the fixes provided, and now I face the issue that
    Microsoft Edge doesn't show up as an option on my taskbar, just a blank space instead of it's icon, and the photos I have, gifs, jpegs, etc, all show themselves as blank sheet icons, and I can't see the thumbnail.

I've checked that the "view icon never thumbnail" option is unchecked, which it is, and there appears to be no other issue, however I'd really like to be able to see the thumbnails again and be able to see the Microsoft Edge icon again in my taskbar. I've
    had to put the admin account into approval mode in order for all of this to work, and I'm a little frustrated about just how broken the system is being right now, so any help would be great thanks.

Regards,

Erin.

Erin McNamara, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Gr33dy Win User

quick follow up, i noticed that, when i want to see the thumbnails of the apps i have running i need to click in the taskbar something you dont really have to do, its working ATM im uploading a video so you can see what i mean, also the win key works, if i use win+r or win+d it works.

[youtube]20QxPvgAIwQ[/youtube]

Gr33dy, Mar 3, 2016
  5. Hydranix Win User
    Is the software for the keyboard installed? Perhaps you should double check any macros or other features that may be saved in the keyboards memory?

I know on my Logitech G510 there is was a switch the disabled the WinKeys. It broke and I had to solder over the switch leads to get my WinKeys working again.

I know your WinKeys are working, but perhaps there is something about your keyboard that is modifying the behavior slightly?

Hydranix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows key / taskbar thumbnails etc. Issues - Similar Threads - key taskbar thumbnails

2. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  3. Taskbar thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar thumbnails: Dear microsoft community, I experience a problem with the windows 10 taskbar. If I have multiple instances of 1 application open and I hover over it, it just show the text not a thumbnail. As you can see in the picture underneath[ATTACH]I don't have this problem when only...
  4. Turn on taskbar thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn on taskbar thumbnails: [ATTACH] Does anyone know hoe to fix this? I cant see the thumbnails of my applications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-taskbar-thumbnails/17cdeb68-f011-4826-b93b-4b8ff719d80a
  5. Folder thumbnails on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails on taskbar?: Have File Explorer folders always been displayed like this? So that the full names cannot be identified when their current width is narrow? [img] Terry, East Grinstead, UK 135755
  6. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Thumbnail Preview & Transparency Issues in Win 10: I installed a New Radeon R7250 Card and Asus GPU Tweak. Everything is properly installed with current drivers and software, and radeon settings have been reset to default many times In a nutshell, I ran the Asus GPU Tweak and selected game mode. it disabled some windows...
  7. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, when I hover over a program in the taskbar and there are multiple instances open, rather than 2 thumbnails, I get a list. How can I fix this? I have attached a photo to show the issue. [img] 122929
  8. Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with taskbar app preview thumbnails on windows 10 1803: Hi, I am on July 16, 2018 update for Windows 10 version 1803. I have a very odd issue since I updated my PC to version 1803. The windows store apps including the settings app, windows store app face the following issue. Note that I do not have any issues with desktop apps....
  9. Lost Permissions, Shortcuts, Thumbnails, etc...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Permissions, Shortcuts, Thumbnails, etc...: So my PC is behaving very strangely. It all started when I accidentally, permanently deleted some video clips I didn't mean to delete. I shut down the PC, removed the hard drive, and installed it into another, Windows 7 PC, as a secondary HDD. I used EaseUS data recovery...
  10. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, hovering over icons on the taskbar bar no long shows the thumbnail/preview of the window and I have no idea of how to get it working again. Any help please? 32563