Windows 10: Windows languages

Discus and support Windows languages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi.Until a few days ago, only English was installed on my PC. But today a new language has been added to my list of languages in Taskbar. Only English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M.A.Haghshenas, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Windows languages

Hi.Until a few days ago, only English was installed on my PC. But today a new language has been added to my list of languages in Taskbar. Only English is displayed in the list of languages in the settings program. There is no way I can delete this language. The name of this language is "Unknown Locale qaa-Latn".

:)

M.A.Haghshenas, Jul 23, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Windows languages

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows languages

1. Windows languages - Similar Threads - languages

2. Changing font style for a language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing font style for a language: Hello.. Can I change font style for a specific language, like Burmese? I tried from registry editor but it changes the whole font style, not only Burmese....
  3. weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines

weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines: Hi, I use letters when designing patterns for my work with images.I have lots of language packs on my old laptop and now when I got a new one the language packs have on my old is greyed out and I can´t install them on my new one! I´m of course logged in on my same Microsoft...
  4. Language mixture.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language mixture.: Hello,Yesterday I uninstalled MS Project 2016 French version to replace it with MS Project 2010 English.This morning, all my other apps: Excel, Word, Outlook ... have their menus in German or Dutch, butI do not speak either. How can I get my Office apps in French?Thanks for...
  5. Why Pashto Afghanistan language is removed from Window 10? Release Pashto Afghanistan

Why Pashto Afghanistan language is removed from Window 10? Release Pashto Afghanistan: I was using Pashto Afghanistan Language in Windows XP, 8 and 10 but now I have bought a new PC in 2021where I want to add Pashto Afghanistan Keyboard Layout but it is not showing in the language list.There is only Pashto Pakistan which has a different keyboard layout. Pashto...
  6. Microsoft Store Language Mess

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Language Mess: So, first of all I tend to not act like a Karen on topics like these but as time goes on, my nerves crack more and more when i see a language mess like this every time i open the store; though i only do that to force updates on certain apps.So, the submenu is in french, the...
  7. How to change the Windows 11 display language

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Windows 11 display language: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system supports dozens of interface languages. The operating system comes with a specific interface language installed, but users may switch to another language using built-in options. You may have several reasons for wanting to change the...
  8. Language settings

Language settings: I had once downloaded the torrent of a french film and since then, the language on my windows system has become French. I checked the language settings and it shows that they're all set to English[India] or English[United States]. I'll attach a screenshot of what I mean. How...
  9. windows home single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows home single language: I was trying to download windows 10 home single language and I saw a thread and I tried doing it but I there is no windows version 1703 from the options. What do I do?...
  10. Windows 10 installation freezes after Windows logo disappears and before the language...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation freezes after Windows logo disappears and before the language...: Hi there,some history: I had a PC crash that lead to a non booting Windows. I made a ddrescue of the disc zero reading errors, all partitions ok, all files there. So: The operating system being not bootable, I wanted to start a repair session to apply chkdisk, fixboot via...