Windows 10: Windows License Expiring

Discus and support Windows License Expiring in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Bought a PC last October from a company called Maxxx Computers. The computer came with Windows 10. I am now getting a warning message "your windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aflodin, Mar 17, 2017.

1. aflodin Win User

Windows License Expiring

Bought a PC last October from a company called Maxxx Computers. The computer came with Windows 10. I am now getting a warning message "your windows license will expire soon". When I try to input the product key that I was provided with my computer, I get an error message that I am not connected to my organizations server and a code 0xc004f074. I have tried to contact the vendor, but I not having any luck with that.

Have purchased many Windows computers but I have never experienced a license expiring. What type of license did I buy? Does this mean I need to purchase a license if I can't make the vendor fix this problem?

:)

aflodin, Mar 17, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 17, 2017
  3. rachapalliveera, Mar 17, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

Windows License Expiring

Sounds like they used a Volume License key, and not an OEM key.

You just have to keep trying to get in touch with them.

No phone numbers ?

No email ?

Post a link to the website, if that`s how you bought it.

AddRAM, Mar 17, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Mar 17, 2017
  6. aflodin Win User
    Here is the web site Gaming Computer Desktops & Laptops - Home - Maxxx Computers, but I actually bought off of E-Bay. Right now I can't find any products listed under the seller name used when I made my purchase. Have sent emails and called numerous times, but always get voice mail and boxes are full. I will probably call E-Bay but if they are not selling through them anymore there is not much they can do. Will I just have to buy a license if this can't be resolved? I would be asking MS this, but you can't just call them.

aflodin, Mar 17, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    Same company.
    I would contact them through eBay first, maybe getting eBay involved will help you pull some weight with them. Might want to mention that if you don't hear from them within 48 hours, they will be hearing from your lawyer.
    Have a look at your bill of sale, or eBay product description from the selling page and see how the license is described.

simrick, Mar 17, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Windows License Expiring

You may not need to purchase a licence if the PC has ever been legitimately upgraded to 10 in the past, or if it was originally supplied with a copy of 7 or 8 that qualifies for the upgrade. @Superfly has been helping someone with a similar problem on this thread, it may help make your options clearer..
    Windows 10 Pro expiration/activation problem

9. aflodin Win User
    E-Bay listing states Windows 10 and literature says it is a genuine and complete version. Just tried calling again with the same result. Also found toll free number they had is out of service. Guess my next step is E-Bay. Read the other post and I know how the person feels, how can I see how much time I have left. Not sure what Windows Script Host is?

aflodin, Mar 17, 2017
  10. clam1952 Win User
    That site does have a Facebook page, maybe try there?

clam1952, Mar 17, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    The first thing I would do is run showkey plus from this forum:
    ShowKeyPlus

That will tell you any product keys in the BIOS/UEFI, possibly what OS was on the computer to start with, if the Windows 10 was an upgrade it will tell you the product key of the OS that was there before, and it will tell you exactly what version/editions of Windows those product keys were for. You can also use the check product key function to manually enter any product keys you have and see what edition/version of Windows they are for.

NavyLCDR, Mar 17, 2017
  12. AddRAM Win User
    We just went through this on another thread, just do as Navy has asked and we`ll get you straightened asap.

And Ebay should be able to help you out 100 %

AddRAM, Mar 17, 2017
  13. aflodin Win User

Windows License Expiring

Just ran ShowKey and says I have Windows 10 Pro and when I check product key it says EULA Type: Volume so I guess that answers what type of license I have. Is there any of the other data that would be helpful?

aflodin, Mar 17, 2017
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Does it say anything about OEM Marker Present in Firmware?

If all you get from showkey is 1 volume license and nothing else, then they illegally sold you a Windows 10 license that is illegal for you to use and the only thing you can try to do is get a legitimate license/product key.

Well...you can try changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 Pro product key and if that computer was ever legitimately licensed for Windows 10 Pro private use it would pick up the saved digital entitlement and possibly activate. But that is a long shot. VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

NavyLCDR, Mar 17, 2017
  15. aflodin Win User
    Checked the Product Key and found it is Windows 10 Pro that is installed. Volume: GVLK & EULA Type: Volume. Guess that answers what type of license I have. Am trying to reach E-Bay now but the seller is no longer listed with them so don't know how much they will be able to help. Did check E-Bay for Windows 10 software and licenses and the prices are all over the place. How much is reasonable to pay for a license? And if I get a license I assume I can just enter the Product Key without downloading the software, is that correct?

aflodin, Mar 17, 2017
Thema:

Windows License Expiring

1. Windows License Expiring - Similar Threads - License Expiring

2. Your windows license will expire soon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your windows license will expire soon.: I get this message every time I turn on my laptop.I don't know what to do. Any help?My version is: windows 11 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/59556418-1fcc-4cc3-af2f-3e83368c50fd
  3. Your windows license will expire soon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your windows license will expire soon.: I get this message every time I turn on my laptop.I don't know what to do. Any help?My version is: windows 11 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/59556418-1fcc-4cc3-af2f-3e83368c50fd
  4. How to fix your windows license will expire soon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix your windows license will expire soon?: how to fix your windows license will expire soon? on HP windows 10 pro edition.How can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/e13fd8b1-7eb8-410d-be61-8bd40a2ad887
  5. How to fix your windows license will expire soon?

How to fix your windows license will expire soon?: how to fix your windows license will expire soon? on HP windows 10 pro edition.How can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/e13fd8b1-7eb8-410d-be61-8bd40a2ad887
  6. How to fix your windows license will expire soon?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today: I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today the pc is a refurbished one I bought from amazon about 6 months ago which already had windows 11 installed on it I clicked on the setting and it says the license is active so what do I need...
  8. I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today

I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today: I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today the pc is a refurbished one I bought from amazon about 6 months ago which already had windows 11 installed on it I clicked on the setting and it says the license is active so what do I need...
  9. I am getting the Window License Expiring soon message. Here is my slmgr.vbs /dlv...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am getting the Window License Expiring soon message. Here is my slmgr.vbs /dlv...: Here is my information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-the-window-license-expiring-soon/b4671f8d-0aa6-43c2-8acf-65a7b4972799
  10. I am getting the Window License Expiring soon message. Here is my slmgr.vbs /dlv...

I am getting the Window License Expiring soon message. Here is my slmgr.vbs /dlv...: Here is my information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-the-window-license-expiring-soon/b4671f8d-0aa6-43c2-8acf-65a7b4972799