Windows 10: Windows license will expire soon

Discus and support Windows license will expire soon in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ​Hi all I have recently factory restored my hp envy windows 10. Now i have this message "WINDOWS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE SOON". Im not sure if this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DARKO21, Apr 3, 2018.

1. DARKO21 Win User

Windows license will expire soon

Hi all

I have recently factory restored my hp envy windows 10. Now i have this message "WINDOWS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE SOON". Im not sure if this is important but i have sent in my hp envy for warranty repairs on the hard disk drive. I bought my hp with windows 10 home edition, but when I sent it in for repairs it came back with windows 10 pro. Any suggestions

:)

DARKO21, Apr 3, 2018

2. Windows license will expire soon

I got this message today. The message says that my windows license will expire soon and I have to go to settings to activate. I have tried few recommendations but nothing worked.

georgecarras, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Windows license will expire soon

I am chatting with support as we speak. The licence is valid they trying to solve the problem

AthanasiosMeretakis, Apr 3, 2018
  4. Windows license will expire soon

Sounds like HP put wrong recovery image on your drive.

You have 3 options:

1. The easiest and fastest but most expensive way: Buy a Pro upgrade licence key from MS Store, install it, and be over and done with it.
    2. The not so easy nor fast way: Download WindowsMediaCreationTool. Download Windows 10 Home. Create a bootable DVD or USB thumbdrive. Clean install Home by replacing the current System (C) drive. If you did not have your laptop connected to an MS account during the period where everything was working, licencing can be a bit tricky still since the computer uses an OEM key.
    3. The hard and slow way: Since this is obviously a HP mistake, they should fix your issue for you, by either taking the laptop back and deploy correct Windows image there OR they just provide you with a Pro key or other licencing methods for Pro and get over and done with it.

Please let us know which route you choose and we can try to provide further assistance.

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    There is something fishy here. Windows 10 only gives expiry message for volume licence installations.

OP should run "slmgr /dlv" from admin command promt and tell us what it says on line "Product Key Channel".

cereberus, Apr 3, 2018
  6. DARKO21 Win User
    thanks for the help!

The Product Key Channel: GVLK
    Any ideas?

DARKO21, Apr 3, 2018
  7. Yes! I am 99.99% confident it will report as Volume or OEM as most laptops do. And entering any key provided with the laptop manually into the Windows dialog boxes won't work.

OP also told that the computer went to HP with licenced Home edition while it came back with Pro. Obviously the hardware ID does not match any Pro licences on any servers, not even on HPs own ones.

Either HP has to put that hardware into their servers under Pro licence or redeploy the recovery image with the correct one (Windows 10 Home).

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
  8. Windows license will expire soon

Exactly as I suspected!

Go here: TenForums - ShowKeyPlus

And run the tool following the guidelines at the first post. There is also more information about what the different keys are.

We need information about the installed key and the backup key. DO NOT post the actual keys, in case they are for some reason revealed (the tool should only show the last characters of your keys). HINT: you can click on the keys to show/hide them. Then take screenshots and post here.

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
  9. Just for reference, this is what I have:

Windows license will expire soon [​IMG]

Original Key info:
    Code: ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information Original Key: *****-*****-*****-*****-JHVX4 Original Edition: Win 10 RTM Core OEMWindows license will expire soon :DM EULA Type: OEM[/quote]

Installed Key info:
    Code: ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information Original Key: *****-*****-*****-*****-3V66T Original Edition: Win 10 RTM Professional Retail EULA Type: Retail[/quote]

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
  10. @DARKO21

You have most likely and very probably been screwed by the retailer who sold you the laptop. You have currently an illegal key installed.

Information Volume: GVLK = Group Volume License Key, is a generic key for editions of volume licence versions that activate off-line via a KMS server.

This is what you should have:

Information OEM: DM = PC specific keys found embedded in the Microsoft Data Management (MSDM) table of the firmware of Windows 8 and Windows 10 factory installed PC's.

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you create a Windows 10 installation USB (or DVD), and boot the computer from it, you can do a clean install of Windows 10 Home and it will use the product key stored in UEFI to activate itself.

NavyLCDR, Apr 3, 2018
  12. cereberus Win User
    This is what you should have:

Information OEM: DM = PC specific keys found embedded in the Microsoft Data Management (MSDM) table of the firmware of Windows 8 and Windows 10 factory installed PC's.
    It could be the original Home, but may be the PRO install. I wonder if OP sent it to HP or somebody who claimed to be an HP Rep. Until we see showkeyplus output we cannot tell.

cereberus, Apr 3, 2018
  13. Windows license will expire soon

Yep, we have to wait and see what the app spits out. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
  14. DARKO21 Win User
    Thanks for the help !

here is the snapshot

DARKO21, Apr 3, 2018
  15. Awesome!

Now unhide all the keys and use the Save button to backup all the keys in a txt file, just in case.

Then open up the txt file and do the "check product key" for each key you have and save each info in separate files.

Now you have all info you need.

That Original Professional key with OEMWindows license will expire soon :DM status could work for you if you enter it manually into the "change product key" box in Settings->Update&Security->Activation.

Try it once you have backed up all data as described above.

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows license will expire soon

1. Windows license will expire soon - Similar Threads - license expire soon

2. license expires soon.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    license expires soon.: Since a couple of days, on boot there pops up a message "your license will expire soon". When I check settings, updstes and security, under "activation" it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation services". Except for the pop-up message, there do not...
  3. license expires soon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    license expires soon.: Since a couple of days, on boot there pops up a message "your license will expire soon". When I check settings, updstes and security, under "activation" it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation services". Except for the pop-up message, there do not...
  4. license expires soon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. license expire soon

license expire soon: sir when i upgrade window 10 to window 10 pro by internet. after 2 days massage pop continue displayed YOUR LICENSE EXPIRE SOON Sir how i solve this problem i have no any windows key....
  6. Windows license will expire soon

Windows license will expire soon: Hello everyone I received a message on my PC three days ago saying Windows license will expire and I should activate windows in setting but when I go there my windows is activated and updated as well and says "windows is activated using your organization's activation...
  7. License Expiring Soon

License Expiring Soon: Hello-I hop you can help me. I keep getting a notice on my screen that my license is expiring soon. I have no idea what it means. I've tried to follow the directions I googled with no luck. Every time I log in I get the expiring soon notice. Help???...
  8. Windows license will expired soon

Windows license will expired soon: It always keeps to give me a message that saying your windows license will be expired soon, what have I do exactly? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-will-expired-soon/2860574d-abae-45cf-868a-85808d7aee85"
  9. License will expire soon

License will expire soon: I recently updated from windows 10 pro version 1803 to 1903. After a few days an error message started popping up prompting me to activate my windows as my license will expire soon but windows is already acitvated. How do I fix this??...
  10. License expiring soon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License expiring soon: I changed my hard disk about 2 months ago and this thing popped up right now... Didn't have this issue before. Tried to key in the activation key from cmd prompt but didn't work. The activation status says 'Windows is activated using organisation's activation service'....