Windows 10: windows live 2012 inbox disappeared

Discus and support windows live 2012 inbox disappeared in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10, Windows Live Mail has been working great. Booted computer up this morning, and the INBOX folder is missing. All other folders intact. ???... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tcjames, Jun 23, 2016.

1. tcjames Win User

windows live 2012 inbox disappeared

Windows 10, Windows Live Mail has been working great. Booted computer up this morning, and the INBOX folder is missing. All other folders intact. ???

:)

tcjames, Jun 23, 2016
  2. falko8 Win User

How do I get Outlook Mail to show all of my old emails in my inbox instead of just the last 30 days?

Original Title: Windows 10 Outlook Mail app.

I am running Windows 10. I was running Windows Live Mail 2012 connected to a Microsoft live email account and could see all of my old messages in the inbox. I received an email from Microsoft stating they are making changes (if I remember on the live, Hotmail,
    etc. end) that requires a patch to continue using these accounts with Windows Live Mail 2012, and they suggested replacing this old email app altogether with Outlook Mail that comes with Windows 10.

So, I uninstalled Windows Live Mail 2012 and fired up the new Outlook Mail and connected it to my Microsoft live email account. Everything appeared to work fine until I noticed there is only the last month of emails in displayed in the inbox. How do I get
    Outlook Mail to show all of my old emails in my inbox instead of just the last 30 days?

falko8, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Windows Essentials Not Compatible?

Windows Essentials 2012 is compatible.

If you have Windows Live Essentials installed on your system, the OneDrive application is removed and replaced with the inbox version of OneDrive.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 23, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Kbird, Jun 23, 2016
  5. tcjames Win User
    Thanks for the reply.
    I wish to keep Live Mail due to the abundance of folder settings.
    When the Inbox disappeared, did it take all the current email messages with it? Any way to get them back? The archived messages are still where they are supposed to be, and all older messages (older than 7 days) have been archived.
    Thanks.

tcjames, Jun 23, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Right click on the Email Account and select "Show or hide Folders..." to make sure that you did not hide it by accident.

Normally, Email Messages are stored with extension .eml under:
    C:\Users\ logon \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Email Account
    You can check if they are still there.

topgundcp, Jun 23, 2016
  7. tcjames Win User
    When I right click the email account, I don't get "show or hide folders" as an option. And when I attempt to enter "C:\users" there is no choice for "logon". ???

tcjames, Jun 23, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

You can not Show and Hide Folders unless the Account is Setup as IMAP .......something you need to do anyway before June 30 if you want to continue using WLM as m$ has stopped the DeltaSync Protocol from working , so WLM>Hotmail Account setting will no longer work to sync emails and the Calender. IMAP will give you synced mail again but not the Calendar.

The Mail should all still be On Outlook.com , it missing in you inbox maybe due to them upgrading the servers I mentioned above , but not sure as I have never had the whole folder disappear.

Just sign into you Hotmail account at Outlook.com and have a look, when you set WLM to IMAP it should bring it all down again....worked fine for me On Monday.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows live 2012 inbox disappeared - Similar Threads - live 2012 inbox

2. Inbox messages disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inbox messages disappear: When I press inbox icon on Outlook in Windows 11 on laptop messages appear, then disappear. If I access them on iPhone I can see them. Each time that I press the inbox icon they will appear again for around 5 seconds then disappear again. * Moved from Community Center...
  3. Inbox messages disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inbox messages disappear: When I press inbox icon on Outlook in Windows 11 on laptop messages appear, then disappear. If I access them on iPhone I can see them. Each time that I press the inbox icon they will appear again for around 5 seconds then disappear again. * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  5. Inbox emails disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inbox emails disappearing: All of my emails in my Inbox have disappeared again, the third time in a couple of months. I have only been able to recover the last couple of hours of emails today. But, most importantly, what is happening?? And how can I prevent it from continuing to happen?...
  6. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  7. windows live mail 2012

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live mail 2012: had login screen come up and put in password.said ok screen come right back. had to call spectrum reset password now cannot receive my emails. beanner61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/829e29db-dfac-4df8-8a10-11bbe2edc146
  8. Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  9. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  10. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: I am a newbe to this forum. I just bought an I Pad and I am trying to have my emails transfer into it from my Windows Live mail 2012. I know it is no longer support by Micro Soft. The I Pad set up is asking me questions I can't answer. Can anyone help me please? 92086

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live inbox 2102 disappeared