Windows 10: Windows Live 2012 Won't Open Anymore

Discus and support Windows Live 2012 Won't Open Anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows Live 2012 on my Windows 10 machine. It's been working fine for a few months since the upgrade, but today it refuses to open. It just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gurn Blanston, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Windows Live 2012 Won't Open Anymore

I have Windows Live 2012 on my Windows 10 machine. It's been working fine for a few months since the upgrade, but today it refuses to open. It just sits on the splash screen and the doughnut spins... Task manager shows it is partially loaded, but the CPU is giving no time to it at all.

Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this? A recent update, perhaps?

Thanks.

:)

Gurn Blanston, Apr 6, 2016
  2. geekdom Win User

Windows live mail 2011 wont open and I allowed remote access by LogMeIn Rescue

The installation program won't open or Windows Live Mail won't open?

If Windows Essentials 2012 is installed, it will show in Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features as:

Windows Essentials 2012

Windows Live Mail will not show as an installed program in your programs.

Is Windows Essentials 2012 shown as an installed program?

Is there an associated error message with whatever doesn't open?

geekdom, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Can't get Hotmail with Live Essential 12 and Windows 10

Sorry, but Windows Live Essentials 2011 isn't compatible with Windows 10, which is why it won't install. Windows 10 only supports Windows Live Essentials 2012.

Erdeslawe, Apr 6, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows Live 2012 Won't Open Anymore

Today, just started today, I had had issues with WLM 2012 myself.
    My issues, however, is different from yours.

However, the remedies should be generic.

I fixed my problem by doing a system restore. I picked a date when there was no problem in WLM as my restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

If system restore does not help, try doing a Repair on your WLM
    Go to Programs and Features > right click at Windows Essentials > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

davidhk, Apr 6, 2016
  5. I have no idea how I fixed it, but it's working again. An update to Windows Defender and a reboot and voila! It works.

I'm marking the thread as closed.

Gurn Blanston, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Live 2012 Won't Open Anymore

1. Windows Live 2012 Won't Open Anymore - Similar Threads - Live 2012 Won't

2. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  4. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  5. windows live mail 2012

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live mail 2012: had login screen come up and put in password.said ok screen come right back. had to call spectrum reset password now cannot receive my emails. beanner61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/829e29db-dfac-4df8-8a10-11bbe2edc146
  6. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Just had our home desk top upgraded to Windows 10. Now Windows Live Mail 2012 does not work...error code ID: 0x800C013E. I would like to continue with Live Mail 2012. Can you help me?...
  7. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Mail stopped working a couple of days ago. Get the following error "The connection to the server has failed" Then get the following statement; Unknown error has occurred, "Error 0X800CCC0B. Tried changing ports, didn't help. I have not recently installed any "antivirus...
  8. Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  9. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  10. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: I am a newbe to this forum. I just bought an I Pad and I am trying to have my emails transfer into it from my Windows Live mail 2012. I know it is no longer support by Micro Soft. The I Pad set up is asking me questions I can't answer. Can anyone help me please? 92086