Windows 10: Windows Live Mail 2012 constantly crashes in Windows 10...

Discus and support Windows Live Mail 2012 constantly crashes in Windows 10... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is my first Post, so apologies if it is in the wrong Forum ...*Confused I have come here after receiving zero help from Microsoft's own Help... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ukdeejay, Aug 18, 2015.

1. ukdeejay Win User

Windows Live Mail 2012 constantly crashes in Windows 10...

This is my first Post, so apologies if it is in the wrong Forum ...*Confused

I have come here after receiving zero help from Microsoft's own Help channels, for Windows 10!*Mad

I completed what appeared to be a relatively trouble-free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but have now found that whenever I try to attach or insert anything into an email with WLM 2012, it immediately says 'Not responding' in Task Manager. My only option is to 'End task' in Task Manager, thus losing my partially written email.

I'm sure you will need further info, but as I'm not sure what to include I've kept it short.

:)

ukdeejay, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User

wow can I get copy of windows live2012

Windows live mail 2012 was part of windows essentials 2012.

Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017.

It is no longer available for download.

in addition Windows Live Mail 2012 does not support the new APIs required to provide full synchronisation with Outlook.com

Martmcd, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Export archived messages from Windows Live Mail 2012 to the Windows 10 Mail app

I purchased my all-in-one several years ago with Windows 7 (I believe) and it came with Windows Live Mail. Shortly after I purchased the computer I received an upgrade to Windows 10. I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 for years now and have created
    multiple 'local' archive folders for messages I wanted to save. Can I export these archived messages so they can be opened in the current Windows 10 Mail app? Windows Live Mail 2012 only gives me the option to export to Outlook (which I don't have) or to
    another Live Mail account. I would like to export these archived messages from Live Mail 2012 into the Windows 10 Mail app.

StanRosinski, Aug 18, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

I can't immediately help here but if you do get stuck consider eM client

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  5. ukdeejay Win User
    Hi robgr,

Do you mean consider changing my email program?

This seems a little crazy as both the OS & WLM are Microsoft programs, so if they can't get them to 'play nicely' together, what hope is there for any of us?

ukdeejay, Aug 18, 2015
  6. robgr Win User
    I completely agree but past experience of MS has taught me it's less painful just to use something else where possible*Smile
    I often find that the alternatives not only actually work but are often more fully featured etc.

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  7. rmtco Win User
    I also continue to experience the symptoms described by the OP. As suggested I installed EM Client, and like Windows Live Mail, it also locked up when I attempted to attach a file to an e-mail ...

Seems to me like it's an issue larger than just Windows Live Mail.

rmtco, Oct 19, 2015
  8. rmtco Win User

I should add that at least em Client allows me to successfully click-through a link embedded in an e-mail, whereas Windows Live Mail does not.

rmtco, Oct 19, 2015
  9. ukdeejay Win User
    What is 'eM client'? Do you just mean any other email desktop program, or is there one called eM client?

ukdeejay, Oct 19, 2015
  10. rmtco Win User
    rmtco, Oct 19, 2015
  11. ukdeejay Win User
    ukdeejay, Oct 19, 2015
  12. robgr Win User
    Hi ukdeejay, I can add that I have used eM Client for some time and right from the beginning of WinX without any issues whatsoever that I've found, it's sound as a pound (integrates well with Gmail)

robgr, Oct 19, 2015
  13. essenbe Win User

UKdeejay if you will go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and select Windows Essentials, you will be presented with an option to uninstall or Repair all programs. Try the Repair option. I use WLM and it has no problems on my install so it isn't a compatibility issue.

essenbe, Oct 19, 2015
  14. rmtco Win User
    Clicking through links in Windows Live mail is now functional for me. However, I still have issues (program becomes unresponsive) when attaching files to an e-mail. Most notably if I have two file attachments included in an e-mail and opt to open one from within that e-mail (prior to sending). I most often include .pdf and .jpg files, and can reproduce the unresponsive condition when opening either file type from within the unsent e-mail.

Edit: perhaps I should add that I'm running the Windows 10 64-bit. Windows Live Mail is 32-bit.

rmtco, Oct 21, 2015
  15. Terrim Win User
    Question for essenbe, do you know if there's a difference between using IMAP or POP? Best Buy told my client WLM won't work with Windows 10. Her isp is pop only. I had it working for 2 months. Curious if you have any thoughts in that scenario? Thanks

Terrim, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail 2012 constantly crashes in Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Live Mail 2012

2. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  4. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  5. windows live mail 2012

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live mail 2012: had login screen come up and put in password.said ok screen come right back. had to call spectrum reset password now cannot receive my emails. beanner61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/829e29db-dfac-4df8-8a10-11bbe2edc146
  6. Windows Live Mail 2012

Windows Live Mail 2012: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my Live Mail does not work. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/2f61c61a-b436-4e40-9beb-9b082c587a53
  7. Windows Live mail 2012

Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  8. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  9. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: I am a newbe to this forum. I just bought an I Pad and I am trying to have my emails transfer into it from my Windows Live mail 2012. I know it is no longer support by Micro Soft. The I Pad set up is asking me questions I can't answer. Can anyone help me please? 92086
  10. Live Mail 2012 crashes regularly in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail 2012 crashes regularly in Windows 10: Even after replacing Live Mail 2011 with 2012, I find that it still crashes on and off with the message "something unexpected has happened and Windows Live Mail must close". If I reboot, it works fine, but I don't want to have to reboot every time this happens. 32534