Windows 10: Windows Live Mail and live.co.uk question

Discus and support Windows Live Mail and live.co.uk question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Windows Live Mail and have e mail address L: xxx@live.co.uk Someone mentioned wlm would stop after the end of June. I don't use wlm to connect... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pjcactus, Jun 14, 2016.

1. pjcactus Win User

Windows Live Mail and live.co.uk question

I use Windows Live Mail and have e mail address L: xxx@live.co.uk
    Someone mentioned wlm would stop after the end of June.
    I don't use wlm to connect to outlook.
    So, after 30th June will I be still able to use wlm and use my L: XXX@live.co.uk email?
    Even if the answer to the above is yes do we think the writing is on the wall for wlm anyway?
    Thanks.
    Pete

:)

pjcactus, Jun 14, 2016

2. can't use my windows live ID in windowsphone marketplace

I have a windows live ID @live.co.uk but a Dutch phonenumber, although my Zune account states the @live.co.uk as my live ID and I'm signed in on the windows phone site with that adress, I still can't download apps, because I'm not logged in with my live
    ID. Can't I log into the Dutch marketplace with a live.co.uk address?

martinbathoorn, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Biddy948 Win User
    Can no longer access my o2 e-mail account

Upgraded to Windows 10 and could no longer use Outlook so switched to using Windows Live Mail, which let me access e-mails from both my accounts - an o2.co.uk one and a live.co.uk one.

Message from Microsoft says LiveMail update needed to continue using it - downloaded and installed but doesn't work.

Now have to use Mail app which only lets me access my live.co.uk e-mails, via Outlook, which doesn't let me add my o2.co.uk account - says it isn't recognised. Only way I can access my o2.co.uk e-mails is via o2 webmail.

What's going on, Microsoft?

Biddy948, Jun 14, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I have been using WLM since its introduction, and I plan to keep on using it.
    I have a pop account and a Hotmail account configured in it.
    If something goes awry on my Hotmail account, I can always access my Hotmail account via my web browser. Does not bother me.

Writing on the wall ?
    Maybe. There are always other email clients capable to do the same job.
    I'll never use the Mail app. It sucks.
    Some members recommend eM Client.
    Check it out, for future reference.

davidhk, Jun 14, 2016
  5. MS is moving Outlook.com (and affiliated addressees - Hotmail, Live) to use the Office 365 infrastructure for sync. This migration has been taking place since Feb, but the rollout/goLive for all Outlook.com accounts is 16 June.

If you use the DeltaSync mechanism to sync WLM & Outlook.com, then that will stop working.
    Look at the WLM eMAil account Properties > Servers tab

If you use POP3 or IMAP, your eMail will be fine.

WLM & Outlook.com Calendars, however, will no longer sync.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail and live.co.uk question - Similar Threads - Live Mail live

2. live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  3. live mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  4. Windows Live Mail Question

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Question: A couple of weeks ago my Yahoo emails coming into my Windows Live Mail 2011 suddenly stopped coming in and gives me an error message. The error message was the pop-up box saying the password is incorrect. I hadnt changed the password prior to the fault cropping up. I have...
  5. Live Mail

Live Mail: After the last W10 update, Live Mail 2012 will not send or receive from my mail server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/0d88823f-6a41-489d-85e2-f4fbed982ffc
  6. Live mail

Live mail: I use a yahoo account, why can a not use this e-mail with live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/da347845-fb4a-4cfa-b919-b49714adb909
  7. Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live mail: some emails I forward are sent as many times as 37 repeated emails how do I stop this so it is sent only once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/a373e491-9ae5-4da0-8fab-acb57a3a22be
  8. Live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live mail: Cannot receive mail from Windows Live. Error message: 0x800cc90, server error Live mail error 0x800cc92 Pop 3 Part 995. It won't accept my password even tried changing it. So Frustrating....
  9. Windows Live mail question???

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live mail question???: I'm running Windows 10 and have been using Windows Live Mail for the last year or so. Had a system crash and had to do a clean install of Windows 10. Now of course Windows live mail will not re install since it's now an obsolete program. I'm working with Windows 10 mail...
  10. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....