Windows 10: Windows Live Mail..Can receive but not send emails when away from home

Discus and support Windows Live Mail..Can receive but not send emails when away from home in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Windows Live Mail whenever I leave home can receive but cannot send e-mails...how do I fix this? Charter.net account... 77556 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Chuckr, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Chuckr Win User

Windows Live Mail..Can receive but not send emails when away from home

Using Windows Live Mail whenever I leave home can receive but cannot send e-mails...how do I fix this? Charter.net account...

:)

Chuckr, Feb 17, 2017

2. can receive aol mail but cant send emails from windows phone

Can you send emails with any other accounts or is it just your AOL email?

Could be a momentary problem. I'd suggest switching off automatic date and time. You can do that in
    Settings > Date+Time

Of course, make sure that date and time are both correct.

Regards

Denis

DenisLepoivre, Feb 17, 2017
  3. CoryPeel Win User
    can receive aol mail but cant send emails from windows phone

Just like the title says I can receive email just fine on my windows phone but whenever I try to send a reply, I get an email back saying that I can't send the email. I checked all the settings and they are what they are supposed be. I even removed my
    account and resigned in and nothing. This just started a few days ago, and I don't know what's wrong with it.

CoryPeel, Feb 17, 2017
  4. Windows Live Mail..Can receive but not send emails when away from home

Welcome to the TenForums @Chuckr

First Windows Live Mail is no longer supported and I've had problems connecting to mail services using this product at customers homes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials

Now since your issue is happening when away I would suggest this is how they are validating you on their SMTP servers. I would call Charter.net (or access their support pages) to determine the proper settings to use in your profile.

I would also confirm their support plans regarding Live mail.

I would be planning for a migration to a new product, Outlook 2016 if you are leasing Office 365 or Mozilla Thunderbird. The one thing to consider when you use these desktop clients, and depending how you set them up and the mail protocol you use, back ups become your responsibility.

I also recommend to my clients to move away from supplier base email accounts as their existence is dependent on you being a client. They almost hang this over your head when you want to switch service suppliers seeking a better price. An Outlook.com or gmail account is yours for life, no matter where you live or your broadband supplier. Just something to consider.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 17, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Most ISP's unless you use some abomination like their webservers for email (usually slow and riddled with adverts) won't allow you to SEND when away from home - usually the SMTP server only allows logons from your home.

The solution usually is either to use a service like authsmtp which works as a global SENDING service (email recipients will still see your standard email address) or get hold of a cheap domain (or even a free one) which allows you to set up a number of mail boxes which you can then relay to say an outlook account.

From your outlook account then just choose your domain when sending -- outlook allows you to choose which account you want to send from.

The disadvantage with this is though the receivers will see your email address as yourdomain.xx.

Other email clients that allow multiple accounts will work similarly. Authsmtp is fine though if you don't need to send a humungous nr of emails when away from home. Remember when arriving back at home to reset the OUTGOING mail server in outlook to your home ISP provided one.

Mobile phones will usually work though - most decent ISP's will allow an SMTP logon from an established and recognized mobile phone network.

My advice is to use OUTLOOK (whether 2010/2016/365) versions and pay the very small fee for AUTHSMTP - I've used this for years and I travel a lot - never any prroblem and saves me from using those HIDEOUS webmail type of things --Outlook works just fine. The Authsmtp service has clear documentation on how to set up your email client properly.

My ISP blocks SMTP on port 25 - is there an alternative port I can use with the SMTP server?

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 22, 2017
  6. I HAD problems sending emails from my Hotmail accounts from my Windows 10 Home using Windows Live Mail. I get cannot conect error messages ( different error codes, not all the same ) The initial solvers told me to:
    1: use "Manually Configure Server Settings"
    2: use incoming server; type IMAP , imap-mail.outlook.com use port 993 , require SSL
    3: outgoing use smtp: smtp.live.com leave asis port25 , require SSL

it worked UNTIL I restarted LiveMail .
    I signed into my email account online using my browser and found updated setting to use for my : hotmail , live , outlook accounts.
    As of February 28, 2017 the following WORKED:

1: "Manually Configure Server Settings
    2: use incoming IMAP,
    3: use imap port: 993
    4: "requires a secure connection SSL"
    5: outgoing: smtp.live.com
    6: IMPORTANT ::: USE PORT 587 for outgoing smtp
    7: "requires a secure connection SSL"
    8: IMPORTANT :::: "MY SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION" !!!!!
    9: celebrate, it should send out emails now.

jadesakura, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Live Mail..Can receive but not send emails when away from home

1. Windows Live Mail..Can receive but not send emails when away from home - Similar Threads - Live Mail receive

2. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  3. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  4. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: This is the message I get when I try to send/receive messages on my Windows Live Mail account. I have Windows 10 Pro. Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail mrwhite56 account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com' Windows Live Mail...
  6. Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails: Since the last automatic update of my Windows 10, my Windows Live Mail no longer works. I get this error message: Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'mail.comcast.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E...
  7. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-on-windows-live-mail/b45fe2f4-27c0-4d38-b94a-74338b02aecf
  8. Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails: I have a Dell computer and my operating system is Windows 10 Pro and I am using Windows Live Mail, Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). I have satellite internet through Hughes (Gen 5). The account on which I am having the issue is a Windstream email account. I can send...
  9. Windows live mail has stopped sending and receiving emails

Windows live mail has stopped sending and receiving emails: Windows live mail has stopped sending or receiving emails. They arrive on my phone & tablet without a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-has-stopped-sending-and/359774a6-99fc-4ea9-b1c1-bc817bdac1cd
  10. Sending email from Windows Live Mail

Sending email from Windows Live Mail: I can receive but not send email from my comcast. acct on this computer. The error message says my account does not exist. The Microsoft store does not answer the phone and any other number I call is automated and does not recognize my question. How does one get a human to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to send and receive email away from home