Windows 10: Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6

Discus and support Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was using a Windows XP desktop and Outlook Express 6 exclusively for my emails. It was set up to do automatic nightly backups of all messages by... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ahmd, Aug 16, 2016.

1. ahmd Win User

Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6

I was using a Windows XP desktop and Outlook Express 6 exclusively for my emails. It was set up to do automatic nightly backups of all messages by copying the following folder:

Code: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express[/quote]
    Yesterday the hard drive on that XP machine crashed and now I'm trying to set up a new desktop that is running Windows 10 pro.

My main goal is to set up a mail program that will allow to import all of my emails from Outlook Express that also works in a similar fashion. (In other words that Metro mail app that Windows 10 has would not work!)

So I downloaded Windows Live Mail 2012 and went to File -> Import -> Messages -> Outlook Express 6 and specified a copy of the folder above.

Unfortunately when the importing process was done, first of all the inbox was empty. Eventually I was able to find it buried in a storage folder. Well, inconvenient, but OK. But then when I pulled it up, I could not recognize my messages. It seemed like a big chunk of them was missing.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the Outlook Express on a computer that crashed. Instead I had an old copy in a VM that was done back in Sept. 2015. So I did the same exporting process just to test. Here's how the inbox looks like in Outlook Express:

Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6 [​IMG]

And here's how it looks when I import it into WLM:

Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6 [​IMG]

As you see a bunch of messages are missing and the inbox itself looks totally different.

What am I doing wrong here?

:)

2. Alan B Win User

Windows Live Mail

I think you must mean Outlook and not Outlook Express.

You can install Windows Live Mail on Windows 10 and import your old emails into that. I would imagine Outlook also offers the facility to import emails from Window Live Mail, although it's not something I have ever attempted to do.

Alan B, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Live Mail error 3219

Hi,

To delete an email account from Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express:

1. Select Tools | Accounts from the menu.

2. In Windows Live Mail, hold down the Alt key if you cannot see the menu bar.

3. In Outlook Express and Windows Mail, go to the Mail tab.

4. Highlight the account you want to delete.

5. Click Remove.

6. Click Yes.

7. Now click Close.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6

1. Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6 - Similar Threads - Live Mail corrupts

2. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  3. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  4. Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client

Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client: Win 7 Ultimate. Plenty of ram and 1TB sata hd. 1)...I have saved Outlook Express e-mails in dbx format (literally thousands) (multiple identities) and want to import them into Thunderbird (TB) V 102.8.0...... 2)...I looked in TB in the "import" section/selection and there...
  5. Cant recieve emails in Outlook and Windows live mail

Cant recieve emails in Outlook and Windows live mail: I can send emails in Outlook and Windows live mail but cannot receive them any help will be much appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-recieve-emails-in-outlook-and-windows-live/dc558aff-fe61-41b2-a8ee-cbf8ff4557dd
  6. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Express email: I have been using Outlook Express email since last January. I am not receiving my email since yesterday. I get a window about 4" long and 3" high. It has 3 entry items. The first is: Server: smtp.comcast.net The second tells me to insert my email address. I do that. It is...
  7. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Express email: My outlook express email closes automatically within a few seconds of being open. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-express-email/60c55526-81eb-4369-ae2d-f33a0e48488e
  8. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  9. Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016: I recently went with Microsoft Office 365 and when trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 desktop client using Microsoft Exchange, an error message states there's no email program associated to perform the action and directs me to create an association...
  10. Importing Outlook Express E-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Outlook Express E-mail: My parents Windows 7 laptop fried recently, I got them a new HP 350 G2 which came with Win8.1 and i upgraded to 10. My father used to use outlook express with an email through his ISP, and the only way I see to import that email into a new account involves being on the...