Windows 10: Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10

Discus and support Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running Windows Live Mail 2011 on my desktop computer. I have a new Windows 10 desktop computer. How do I move it to Windows 10? I use Time... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by abredt, Mar 8, 2017.

1. abredt Win User

Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10

I am running Windows Live Mail 2011 on my desktop computer.
    I have a new Windows 10 desktop computer.
    How do I move it to Windows 10?

I use Time Warner POP email server.

Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Mar 8, 2017
  2. Jim 69 Win User

How to import some folders in Windows Live Mail

Original Title: Windows 10 Mail

I just upgraded from Windows 7 (Live Mail) to Windows 10. After importing email accounts from 7 to 10, only some of my folders transferred. How do I transfer remaining folders from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail, and set up new folders?

Jim 69, Mar 8, 2017
  3. Importing Emails from Windows 7 Live Mail to Windows 10 Live Mail

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My Live Mail program starts afresh and downloads new mail. What I need are my old e-mails from my Windows 7 Live Mail. How do I import these. and where from?

Wayne Binfield, Mar 8, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

• Install Windows Live Mail. Do not run or exit it.
    • From the old PC, Copy the Folder under C:\Users\<userlogin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail to a USB stick or an External Drive then copy back to the new PC
    • Run Windows live mail.

topgundcp, Mar 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    You cannot move software from one computer to another, you have to re-install it. Do you have the install media?

If not, you may be out of luck. Windows Live Mail 2011 was part of Windows Live Essentials 2011. It has long since been removed from Microsoft's available downloads so you cannot install it any more. Don't even think about downloading it from a non-Microsoft site - not unless you want it to come bundled with malware.

Its replacement was Windows Essentials 2012, there have been no new versions since then. That too has reached end-of-life, officially on 10th Jan. 2017. However, it hasn't yet been removed from Microsoft's download servers. For now, you can still download and install it. Download the 'Offline Installer' and keep the package safe in case you ever need to reinstall it. The link is in this post...
    Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017

Bree, Mar 8, 2017
  6. DavidY Win User
    To make this more tricky, I believe Microsoft have removed the Windows Essentials download page from their website, as they aren't supporting Windows Essentials (which includes Windows Live Mail) from January 2017.

However I believe you can still get the installer from the link in Post 1 of this thread. I would download the Offline Installer.
    Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017

I'd add the caution that you'd be running unsupported software.

Edit: Beaten to it! *Smile

DavidY, Mar 8, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Just to rub salt in the wounds, I had time to test the link for the offline installer and make sure it was still downloadable *Smile

I'd second that, there are probably better ways to read you mail now. Movie Maker is the part of Essentials that I would miss.

Bree, Mar 8, 2017
  8. DavidY Win User

Oh I did that as well, at least to the point where it told me the file size and file name I was about to download.

DavidY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Live Mail

2. Windows Live Mail 2012 stopped workng after Update KB52034685, ERROR CODE 0x800CCC6F, what...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail 2012 stopped workng after Update KB52034685, ERROR CODE 0x800CCC6F, what...: Prior to 02-14-2024 Windows Live Mail 2012 was working just fine but after update KB5034685, it stopped working. Error Code: 0x800CCC6F Unable to send email. I can still receive but not send. All original settings have not been changed, only this update was made.The program...
  3. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  4. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  5. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...: As per title, live mail was default mail client on the old PC whereas Outlook is default mail on the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-or-copy-the-autocomplete-list-to/90dc4923-c491-484b-9ac9-809ccb93a077
  7. How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...

How do I Import or copy the AutoComplete list to another computer from Windows Live Mail to...: As per title, live mail was default mail client on the old PC whereas Outlook is default mail on the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-or-copy-the-autocomplete-list-to/90dc4923-c491-484b-9ac9-809ccb93a077
  8. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  9. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  10. I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.

I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send or receive.: I have had Windows Live mail for 30 years. Today it will not send. Help!! I have an obligation today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-windows-live-mail-for-30-years-today-it/b305c1d0-f830-4736-8d32-04dbb8423cb1