Windows 10: Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

Discus and support Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings. I have been using Windows Live Mail since it came out as a replacement for Outlook Express. Now I'm told, that Windows Live Mail will not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Burgurne, May 12, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

Greetings.
    I have been using Windows Live Mail since it came out as a replacement for Outlook Express. Now I'm told, that Windows Live Mail will not work in Windows 10 after the Preview period.
    Can anybody confirm this?

As I also use emails to/from my job I can't use a cloudbased email-client (company-politic), so if Live Mail is not an option after Windows 10, what choises do I then have?

Live Mail is working just fine right now in my Windows 10 Preview, so I really don't see the point in shutting it down, unless Microsoft want people to use their socalled "mail-app", and I really don't like that (as it is now)

:)

Burgurne, May 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 Sound Notification for Live Mail

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The upgrade migrated Windows Live Mail into Windows 10. I lost my sound notifications for Live Mail in Windows 10. I have notifications enabled in Windows 10 and in Live Mail. I did a Windows Essentials 2012 repair.

I leave Live Mail open but still get no sound notifications.

Robert McDonald Adams, May 12, 2015
  3. Importing Windows Live mail info into Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 with Windows Live Mail to Windows 10 with mail. However all of my contacts and saved mail folders stored in Windows Live Mail appear to be lost. How do I recover the Windows Live Mail information and where can I put it in Windows
    10?

DonCochron, May 12, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

I use Outlook.com which used to be Hotmail.com and was also .live.com.*sarc

5. Burgurne Win User
    outlook.com is a webbased email client, and therefore I can't make use if it. It MUST be a local client like Windows Live Mail.

Burgurne, May 13, 2015
  6. strollin Win User
    Where did you get the information that Windows Live Mail will no longer work after the preview period? I can confirm that WLM works fine in the Win 10 Preview and have not heard that it will not work after Win 10 is released.

However, there are other mail clients you could use, such as Thunderbird, should WLM actually stop working. Here's a link listing the top 11 free email clients, I'm sure you could find a suitable replacement for WLM among them: http://email.about.com/od/windowsema...email_prog.htm

strollin, May 13, 2015
  7. Burgurne Win User
    Thank you for the link.
    Actually it is not "just" Windows Live Mail I have read will shut down. It is the entire Windows Live Essentials program pack that (maybe?) shuts down and are being replaced by "Apps" from Windows Store.

I really do not hope that's going to happen!! I pray that I am wrong about this

Burgurne, May 13, 2015
  8. davehc Win User

As strollin asked - from where did you get that information?

I have used Windows live mail constantly, since its innovation. The desktop applications in "Essentials" are independent of the environment, so I cannot se how it can be disabled, or whatever.
    However, it has not been supported for some time now. What that means in essence is open to interpretation, but it probably means that MS will not entertain any queries or offer help.
    Whatever you read/heard, could also mean that it will no longer be available for download. Make sure you have a copy on your storage for that eventuality!

davehc, May 13, 2015
  9. Roger Win User
    The mail client in Win10 supports POP3 mail. I'm using Windows live 2012 in Win10.
    Win10 loaded my port settings for AT&T but someone else reported previously that Cox mail wouldn't work.
    YMMV too!

Roger, May 13, 2015
  10. Victek Win User
    Please post a link to where you read this. I cannot find anything along these lines using Google search.

Victek, Jun 5, 2015
  11. rvbfan Win User
    There was some talk awhile back of migrating people to Outlook. Be it .com or office outlook. I'll have to see if I can find it. It may have been an opinion piece, not sure.

rvbfan, Jun 5, 2015
  12. eddie Win User
    Although live mail does work in windows 10 it appears to depend on e-mail address as i have two that
    use the underscore _ in the name and these have fail since installing windows 10.

eddie, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Victek Win User

I use Windows Live Mail extensively and as far as I can tell it works perfectly in 10. Can you be more specific about the email addresses that include an underscore ( "_" )? How exactly do they fail?

Victek, Aug 3, 2015
  14. eddie Win User
    Hi my e-mail are set out as "firstname_surname@live.co.uk" and i get this on mine and the wifes on @hotmail.co.uk

Unable to send or receive messages for the Live.co (firstmame_surname) account.

Server Error: 0x800488A6
    Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800488A6

thanks

eddie, Aug 3, 2015
  15. MNMary Win User
    Sorry for possibly hijacking this post, but I'm new to the forum and can't find a way make new posts.
    I've had a problem with Windows live mail since upgrading to Windows10 as well. My unread messages are no longer showing in quick view.

MNMary, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM? - Similar Threads - Live Mail RTM

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: I have set the default font in my Windows Live Mail settings but when I click to start a new message it doesn't go to the default setting I chose. I go back to the settings and it shows the default font I chose. This has only started happening recently so I don't know what...
  3. Window 10 Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Live Mail: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and considering using Windows 10 Live Mail as email client. I setup a Live Mail account and my email inbox from internet provider email account came across just fine but I could not find anywhere to close the Reading Pane. Does Live Mail's...
  4. Windows 10 live mail

Windows 10 live mail: Hi, I have lost all my sub folders on my windows live(running Windows 10 home). How do I retrieve these folders as I have very important documents saved on these folders....
  5. windows 10 live mail

windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  6. windows 10 Live mail

windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  7. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail: Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App...
  8. Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail on Windows 10: Windows Live Mail been OK, until a few days ago, when I press receive mail it downloads mail but the continues downloading emails, currently saying it's downloaded 270,349 & counting adding circa 5 per second!! although these don't appear in my inbox (luckily), what's...
  9. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....
  10. Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service: [img] Ever since news broke of Windows 10 reaching the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) milestone of development, my inbox has been full of people claiming that I’m wrong about build 10240 (the build released to Insiders) being the official Windows 10 RTM. Build 10240 is the...